Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Always felt to me like Kane would stay. It would be kind of nice to see him as a one-club player, given how rare those are these days.

redshaw

Levy let Eriksen's contract run down to nothing instead of getting 50-60m.

He will cling on to Kane to the end and hope he'll be deemed too old to pursue by other clubs or they have their main striker positions filled and limited options for Kane to go elsewhere in 2024 then Spurs can offer him contract and security into his 30s.. He could be sold on helping Spurs rebuild, stay a club legend etc and see out his retirement.

We'll have to see if he fancies a change next summer.

croadyman

He will cling on to Kane to the end and hope he'll be deemed too old to pursue by other clubs or they have their main striker positions filled and limited options for Kane to go elsewhere in 2024 then Spurs can offer him contract and security into his 30s.. He could be sold on helping Spurs rebuild, stay a club legend etc and see out his retirement.

So who should we sign this summer?

Roux

Would be amazed if he didn't leave in the summer - he's going to end his career with zero trophies. Should have left years ago.

redsunited

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...t-afraid-to-sell-midfielder-to-domestic-rival

Abraxas

Would be amazed if he didn't leave in the summer - he's going to end his career with zero trophies. Should have left years ago.
Its probably not that amazing given its not his choice. He would have left a few years ago if it was solely reliant on him after all. Could be another long, frustrating summer for Harry I reckon.

bosskeano

well if we are going to make a move for him, i hope it's put in motion before the window opens so we know exactly what to expect. we can't let this drag on for weeks wiht Levy. Either get the business done or move on to other potential candidates.

Roux

Its probably not that amazing given its not his choice. He would have left a few years ago if it was solely reliant on him after all. Could be another long, frustrating summer for Harry I reckon.
i think it is his choice - we've seen it a million times with players under contract who push to leave. It happens every summer i.e Antony and Martinez.

For me, the only way he leaves is if he forces it himself.

Abraxas

i think it is his choice - we've seen it a million times with players under contract who push to leave. It happens every summer i.e Antony and Martinez.

For me, the only way he leaves is if he forces it himself.
It's a different dynamic though, isn't it? Those players had no particular loyalty. Ajax are seen as a stepping stone for players, there is always that expectation there. Ajax lean into that to attract players at the start of player's careers.

Kane probably cares about how he is viewed. He's England captain, he's a Tottenham man, I think he would probably find it unpalatable to be throwing in transfer requests, not turning up to training and whatever other tactics can be used. It's a tricky situation for him and his preference is probably to let Levy know what he wants and for that to work, but whether he wants to go further we'll have to see. Maybe not many would begrudge him in this situation, but going all out for it is probably not what he wants and when it comes to it he might simply prefer to see out his sentence.

Mainoldo

I think the circumstances now are a little different, Spurs need a rebuild and thus need to finance it, not sure they needed to do that when Eriksen was leaving
I don’t think you read the article or headline correctly mate. :lol:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's a different dynamic though, isn't it? Those players had no particular loyalty. Ajax are seen as a stepping stone for players, there is always that expectation there. Ajax lean into that to attract players at the start of player's careers.

Kane probably cares about how he is viewed. He's England captain, he's a Tottenham man, I think he would probably find it unpalatable to be throwing in transfer requests, not turning up to training and whatever other tactics can be used. It's a tricky situation for him and his preference is probably to let Levy know what he wants and for that to work, but whether he wants to go further we'll have to see. Maybe not many would begrudge him in this situation, but going all out for it is probably not what he wants and when it comes to it he might simply prefer to see out his sentence.
I kind of agree but there's one thing that might change that, didn't he have a 'gentlemans agreement' with Levy that Levy went back on, could depend on how pissed off Kane was at that

Roux

Well those were just two recent examples off the top of my head - we've seen it with Berbatov, Ronaldo and a million others at all kinds of clubs.

He didn't go as far as the things you mentioned - but we know he tried to force a move to City 2 summers ago by speaking about it publicly and showing up late to pre-season etc - so he has got it in him.

Kane has alot of leverage here because his contract is up next summer and his value is still very high.

Last edited:

Abraxas

I kind of agree but there's one thing that might change that, didn't he have a 'gentlemans agreement' with Levy that Levy went back on, could depend on how pissed off Kane was at that
I think he might be willing to go to a transfer request to formalise the situation and try and use the media. I think he'd probably resort to that after talks with Levy, and if Levy subsequently tries to kick it into the long grass.

I just don't see him going full Peter Odemwingie and turning up at Carrington. There's probably a limit to what he'll do to force a move.

I also think Levy will know Kane is a top professional. Keeping him is not like forcing Ronaldo to stay. He'll probably get on with his job if he has to stay. So unfortunately I think Levy has more play than some imagine within all this. Depends if he wants cash or wants to play hard ball, I think both situations will really irk him and it's the lesser evil in his mind that he'll land on.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Spurs need a huge rebuild but Levy is clearly terrified of selling Kane and committing to one.

On the footballing side, take Kane out of that team and things could get really really dark if they don't reinvest very wisely from the get go. That could easily be a bottom half of the table side.

Psychologically, selling Kane and rebuilding is essentially admitting failure on Levy's part. It closes the books on the Harry Kane era as one that was immensely promising and ended in disappointment due to disastrous decisions at club level.

Financially, Harry Kane is the golden goose for Daniel Levy in terms of shirt sales, commercial deals currently being negotiated, etc. I also suspect that much of Tottenham's long term financial planning with the stadium has rested on the assumption that they could establish themselves as a consistent CL side (or that the Super League would happen) and so its probably very tempting to fool yourself into believing that some tweaks around the edges of the squad and a new manager could get a Kane-led club back into the CL, especially with five spots going forward. That's basically the short term wishful thinking Levy has been engaging in for years, its probably very tempting to double down one last time.

lex talionis

No tweaking around Kane gets Spurs back into CL qualification. They need a rebuild that will take 2-3 years to complete. Harry would be wise to jump ship now unless he’s happy to close out his career this way.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
No tweaking around Kane gets Spurs back into CL qualification. They need a rebuild that will take 2-3 years to complete. Harry would be wise to jump ship now unless he’s happy to close out his career this way.
Completely agree. But can Daniel Levy bring himself to admit that?

JagUTD

It's ridiculous he's scored 28 goals for this Spurs side.

If we make just one signing this summer, he's the one who could have the biggest impact.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why i am fully optimistic regarding this;
1)Without CL no way he is staying.
2) He is their legend and he spent whole career there. Even Levy will not be that stupid to force him to stay
3) Contract expiring next year means that price will not be crazy high.
4) Kane wants to win stuff

Done deal!

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
I think lots of people are overthinking this. He really is one of the best players available at the moment in a critical position in which United has been underwhelming lately (2nd year in a row with the least goals scored in the top 6, and always in the lower end save for Bruno's fantastic 20/21 season), he's a proven threat in the league, has at least 2-3 good seasons in him yet and could help improve your relatively young stars in attack for the future (everyone is 25 or younger except for Martial).

Nevertheless, you shouldn't overpay and if there's a possibility that Spurs play hard ball or there's a chance of a bidding war, you should probably ponder other options and try again next season. In which case United should be looking for reinforcements in order to secure top 4 as, in their own fans words, they can't compete with City for the title.

If it was me I'd offer 60 plus Martial. Maybe go up to 75. Then it depends on Levy and Kane himself.

Last edited:

Valencia Shin Crosses

2) He is their legend and he spent whole career there. Even Levy will not be that stupid to force him to stay

Done deal!
Well this is a lot of cope

1.) why would this matter to him (also not his decision
2.) Levy has literally shown that he’d rather hold on to him
3.) yes it will
4.) He’s never shown any real ambition before

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Done deal!
1)He's had many years there withoutit
2)He forced him to stay just 2 years ago.
3)It's Levy
4)Does he though?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think the circumstances now are a little different, Spurs need a rebuild and thus need to finance it, not sure they needed to do that when Eriksen was leaving
2 seasons ago Spurs were in the mud, finished 7th and there was discussion that they need rebuild. But, Levy still reluctant to have the idea of selling Kane to Man City and use the money to rebuild. I don't think Levy knows what rebuild means. He has this perspective that his team should be built around Kane and Son because those two are his superstars. The others he probably doesn't mind to sell.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In Levy's perspective, Spurs have better chance to finish top 4 by keeping Kane than selling Kane. Rather than thinking about long term, Levy cares more on how his team can get into top 4 next season and if they fail to finish in top 4 for two seasons in a row despite of selling Kane, it's probably more damaging financially for Spurs than losing Kane for free. I think the idea of making money from selling his superstar for rebuild is never something Levy cares of.

If he sells Kane for 100m to us, he's not getting Kane for 100m in one year but he's getting Kane for 20m per year because we are probably paying it in installment of 5 years. That's small amount profit in comparison to how much Spurs can get if Spurs can finish top 4 next season. He's still holding the card IMO.

croadyman

I think lots of people are overthinking this. He really is one of the best players available at the moment in a critical position in which United has been underwhelming lately (2nd year in a row with the least goals scored in the top 6, and always in the lower end save for Bruno's fantastic 20/21 season), he's a proven threat in the league, has at least 2-3 good seasons in him yet and could help improve your relatively young stars in attack for the future (everyone is 25 or younger except for Martial).

Nevertheless, you shouldn't overpay and if there's a possibility that Spurs play hard ball or there's a chance of a bidding war, you should probably ponder other options and try again next season. In which case United should be looking for reinforcements in order to secure top 4 as, in their own fans words, they can't compete with City for the title.

If it was me I'd offer 60 plus Martial. Maybe go up to 75. Then it depends on Levy and Kane himself.
Are Spurs even interested in Martial anymore

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Hell no.

We should offer 50 mil take it or leave it and if they don't accept we get him for free a season later. He can't go to Arsenal or Spurs while City and pool are sorted up front. Kane wants to stay in the PL to break Shearers record.

Buy a young striker this summer and get Kane next season when we are closer to challenging for all the big trophies.

croadyman

Hell no.

We should offer 50 mil take it or leave it and if they don't accept we get him for free a season later. He can't go to Arsenal or Spurs while City and pool are sorted up front. Kane wants to stay in the PL to break Shearers record.

Buy a young striker this summer and get Kane next season when we are closer to challenging for all the big trophies.
Who is this young striker then

Mr Smith

I hope it's just not Kane or Bust for United if Levy isn't ready to negotiate and let Kane walk out for free then there is feck all Kane or United could do , Unless Kane is ready to burn all the bridges with Spurs and use Webster ruling to buy himself out of his contract .
I think it's pretty clear from that briefing that it's not Kane or bust. We've been linked with half a dozen strikers and I think we'll be more than prepared to walk away knowing he's available on a free in 12 months.