Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

GueRed

I like Kane I wish we weren't/aren't such a shambles of a football club..he's underrated on this forum but I would've gone in for him years ago. Not just a world class centre forward he's a leader too. He sets a good example..

United seriously lack leaders at the club. The last few years it's only been Maguire and Bruno.

Look at England you have Maguire, Rice, Henderson, Kane and Coady with good leadership qualities and now Bellingham is talked up having great leadership skills.

It's a quality easily overlooked by a lot of fans.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I like Kane I wish we weren't/aren't such a shambles of a football club..he's underrated on this forum but I would've gone in for him years ago. Not just a world class centre forward he's a leader too. He sets a good example..

United seriously lack leaders at the club. The last few years it's only been Maguire and Bruno.

Look at England you have Maguire, Rice, Henderson, Kane and Coady with good leadership qualities and now Bellingham is talked up having great leadership skills.

It's a quality easily overlooked by a lot of fans.
Lost all credibility when you said Maguire is a good leader

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't we ever learn, this would be a disastrous singing.
Agree with you.
Buying him at 23-26 would have been a United signing.

Buying the less mobile version at 30 in the summer, for a sky high fee still, doesn't seem to fit the plan of a fast fluid front 3.

croadyman

Agree with you.
Buying him at 23-26 would have been a United signing.

Buying the less mobile version at 30 in the summer, for a sky high fee still, doesn't seem to fit the plan of a fast fluid front 3.
Who would you go for up front

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's an absolute carthorse already. He uses his body fantastically, his vision and technique is superb, but anyone would be mad to spend top dollar on him now.

Missed his chance at an elite club.

Just Hope

Best player for England on the pitch and a shame he had to fullfil defensive responsabilities to such an extent we saw him recovering the ball back from France under the half line.

Would love to see him at United. In the same order as Casemiro, we need experienced people for short term success. Harry knows the Premier League and he is an incredible player.

Sylar

Fantastic player. Spurs fans won't like it but it's a shame he's not playing for a better team.

Really do think he would be great for United (defo somebody that Ferguson would have tried to get imo)

Irwin99

Must be close to breaking that Spurs all time scorer record? he'll leave after that.

Sylar

Must be close to breaking that Spurs all time scorer record? he'll leave after that.
Five away I think. Should easily get that before summer
Then will be 30 in the summer. A year left on his contract?

Hulme91

He's an absolute carthorse already. He uses his body fantastically, his vision and technique is superb, but anyone would be mad to spend top dollar on him now.

First time I've seen a guy who will score you 30-40 goals a season with the added bonus of being a ludicrously good all round player described as a 'carthorse' :lol:

I wish we had a carthorse up front ffs

croadyman

Fantastic player. Spurs fans won't like it but it's a shame he's not playing for a better team.

Really do think he would be great for United (defo somebody that Ferguson would have tried to get imo)
How much would you pay in summer

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Don't think it's an inaccurate term to represent how slow he is, but if it bothers you that much, I take it back.
He's more of a donkey than a carthorse. We take our equine classification of footballers very seriously here.

Doracle

Huh? He is probably quicker now than he has been for a few years. Really moving well. He looks likely to be a top level striker for at least 5 years, unless he gets unlucky with injury. Absolute must sign for United this summer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's more of a donkey than a carthorse. We take our equine classification of footballers very seriously here.
:lol:. I have found donkeys to be quite nimble on my travels, traverse some tricky terrains with ease.
Huh? He is probably quicker now than he has been for a few years. Really moving well. He looks likely to be a top level striker for at least 5 years, unless he gets unlucky with injury. Absolute must sign for United this summer.
I don't think that's true at all, he constantly drops deep now, so is way less explosive than he used to be. He doesn't particularly press either, so I don't see an elite club going for him with what the overall package will cost.

Doracle

:lol:. I have found donkeys to be quite nimble on my travels, traverse some tricky terrains with ease.

I don't think that's true at all, he constantly drops deep now, so is way less explosive than he used to be. He doesn't particularly press either, so I don't see an elite club going for him with what the overall package will cost.
He was never explosive though. He’s an absolute must buy for an elite club needing a number 9, especially when they are as rare as hens teeth. Bayern and United are the two teams who would best utilise him but hopefully he will want to stay in England.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He was never explosive though. He’s an absolute must buy for an elite club needing a number 9, especially when they are as rare as hens teeth. Bayern and United are the two teams who would best utilise him but hopefully he will want to stay in England.
You wouldn't describe him as explosive, but he had much better acceleration and that has declined. That was my point - bear in mind I made this comment after the France game and WC in general where he was unbelievably slow turn of foot.

Neither team will pay the fee and his wage though for someone who will likely physically decline further, in my opinion.

GazTheLegend

He's going to drop off a cliff hard in the next few seasons. He's lumbering in a similar way to how van Persie did at 29.

Sylar

How much would you pay in summer
Good question. Would gladly be happy to see united take him for 50m (with last year of contract in mind)
And it being spurs / levy to deal with

And of course if it's a player Eth wants

TheReligion

Abusive
Didn't he drop off a cliff himself very soon after joining us?
Well he had arguably the best season of his career in his first season at United at 29.

Fergie left the following year, so hard to really judge as everyone dropped off so to speak, but he got 18 in 28.

GazTheLegend

Didn’t RvP sign for United at 29?
Yup and dropped off a cliff literally one season later. Lewandowski wanted to come to us that season as I recall and I remember being ecstatic that we got van Persie, and he did win us the league... But in retrospect would we have been better off with Lewy, I wonder.

I disagree with blaming Ferguson leaving for van Persies drop off. You could see he lost quite a few yards of pace (and went grey haired!!!) At 30. Edit: was already grey at 29!:lol:

SATA

My worry is that while he’s still lethal in front of goal, he already has a lot of mileage in his legs and is gonna be more prone to injury as he ages. He has especially played a lot for England in tournaments

GazTheLegend

Disagree really and don’t think it’s fair given Sir Alex left. As I sat say at 29 he had a career best season at United and then at 30 he still got 18 goals in 28 whilst under Moyes.
Do you not think that van Persie lost a yard that season? He looked unbelievably slow. That's partly my correlation with Kane. He's lost a yard and it's only going to get worse. Wouldn't touch Kane with a barge pole right now, especially for the wages he'd demand + the Levy tax. Tottenham are going to have a problem soon.

Hulme91

At the start of his career he had the 'he's a one season wonder' for about 5 years and now he'll have the 'he's finished THIS year, just you watch' for the entire back end :lol:

Madness

TheReligion

Abusive
Do you not think that van Persie lost a yard that season? He looked unbelievably slow. That's partly my correlation with Kane. He's lost a yard and it's only going to get worse. Wouldn't touch Kane with a barge pole right now, especially for the wages he'd demand + the Levy tax. Tottenham are going to have a problem soon.
Possibly. Van Persie, and Kane for that matter, are both incredibly clever players though. I think they can get away with the lack of pace and still be very effective.

I see Kane being a force until he’s 33/34 with minimum fuss and providing he stays fit.

redshaw

At the start of his career he had the 'he's a one season wonder' for about 5 years and now he'll have the 'he's finished THIS year, just you watch' for the entire back end :lol:

Madness
I feel like the last 2-3 years people have expecting him to be finished with the injuries so that will just continue stronger.

To be fair he has finished seasons injured or not quite right but overall each season he's played a lot of minutes and scored many goals to keep proving people wrong that he's too broken or a big liability.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Madness
You're inferring something people aren't saying. He's clearly fantastic, has obvious qualities - one of, if not the best in the league at some of these things. So that means he is going to cost a record fee and also demand wages to reflect that, on a reasonably long deal as this will likely be his last move.

So looking at his flaws, it's clear that physically, he is in decline from his peak and wasn't particularly quick to begin with. On top of that, he has yet to deliver in big occasions with spurs and England. Unfortunately for anyone looking to buy him, that doesn't change what I said before about the fee he will command, wage he will expect and length of contract. I think on the balance on things, no one will risk going for him this summer.

Kazi

All the signs pointing towards a £85m signing in the summer to get a couple of good years out of him

Doracle

All the signs pointing towards a £85m signing in the summer to get a couple of good years out of him
Should be 5 years I think. If we can get him for that it will be a good deal. My fear is that he won’t see us as a sure fire bet to win trophies but hard to see where else he can go as he’s surely also going to want the premier league scorers record.