Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

Kane literally went on strike last year. What did Levy say to him to make him come back except give us one more year and with Conte we will win something. Kane should be in Haalands spot right now winning everything. He must be pssed the fk off. I just cant imagine a scenario that Levy makes him stay one more year or Kane signs a contract. That would make Kane the worlds biggest idiot loser. Kane is as good as gone. Its just a matter of where. Levy has no levyridge anymore. See what I did there.
What makes you so sure he will leave

Walters_19_MuFc

If we can't get Kane this summer, then we should look to loan in a decent striker for a season, and get Kane for free the following season.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If we can't get Kane this summer, then we should look to loan in a decent striker for a season, and get Kane for free the following season.
Nah, I don’t want any more stop gap signings.

I desperately wanna see Kane at Utd, have done for years. But if he doesn’t come now then a proper, quality striker should be brought in.

A lot can change in a season and Kane’s 30 now.

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

Nah, I don’t want any more stop gap signings.

I desperately wanna see Kane at Utd, have done for years. But if he doesn’t come now then a proper, quality striker should be brought in.

A lot can in a season and Kane’s 30 now.
Who would you get if we can't get Kane this season?

LuckyScout78

Alan Shearer and world class level. My end vote end recommendation to a new CF.

Ten Hag i believe want Harry Kane. He praised Kane as a smart and intelligence CF. And Kane assist pass foot is just amazing.

30 goals for a bit struggling Spurs this season. Kane is a fecking goal machine.

If Kane come to United. I will buy and play Kane in my next season fantasy team. Easily

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Who would you get if we can't get Kane this season?
That’s up to ETH and how he wants to set up. I wouldn’t have thought he’d go for Mount, but he obviously fits with his plans.

My knowledge of CFs is pretty limited due to me mainly only watching the PL and obviously I’m just a fan, not a scout or a coach.

But I just don’t want anymore stop gap signings after Weghorst, Ighalo and even Ronaldo who I never viewed as a long term solution.

I think these type of signings are hurting the club.

I suppose someone like Ihanacho could come in quite cheap and then serve as back up / competition IF Kane came the following season, but it’s very dodgy to think this way imo.

Like I said, A LOT can change in a year of PL footy - Kane could get injured, Pochettino could lure him to Chelsea, Utd could miss out on CL footy and Liverpool could sell Nunez and give Kane a massive contract, he could go to Arsenal on a free.

Any of these are possible (and many more).

I just think if he doesn’t come now, it’s better to and sign a proper, quality CF.

croadyman

Alan Shearer and world class level. My end vote end recommendation to a new CF.

Ten Hag i believe want Harry Kane. He praised Kane as a smart and intelligence CF. And Kane assist pass foot is just amazing.

30 goals for a bit struggling Spurs this season. Kane is a fecking goal machine.

If Kane come to United. I will buy and play Kane in my next season fantasy team. Easily
Clearly he's the top target,however it looks a nightmare deal and he doesn't want another De Jong situation again this summer

fallengt

Unlike RVP who clearly wanted trophies, got fed up with current club and actively moved away to winning club. Kane never been that type it seems.
Seriously doubt his motivation tbh. As if he's enjoy things the way they are (being trophyless)

Baxquux

Clearly he's the top target,however it looks a nightmare deal and he doesn't want another De Jong situation again this summer
Yeah, compare how Arsenal dealt with interest around Van Persie (similar age, similar contract situation; the respective clubs one level below in terms of competitiveness but still pretentions to rivalry ), where they accepted it upon condition that we offered a competitive market price then, for better and worse, reinvested the money.

Levy's risking fully embracing the caricature of himself, moving from 'tough' to self-defeatingly obstinate. They sold Bale and rebuilt - even if the spending was a bit scattershot at the start- to become competitive in CL again: with the right coach and a couple of canny buys they can aspire to replicate that scenario. DL's clearly a smart guy but has, I think, become too trapped in his whole schtick though to know when to fold it and start again....

Nick7

Unlike RVP who clearly wanted trophies, got fed up with current club and actively moved away to winning club. Kane never been that type it seems.
Seriously doubt his motivation tbh. As if he's enjoy things the way they are (being trophyless)
This keeps coming up but he asked to leave two years ago. He clearly wants out and has wanted out for a while. He fecked up signing a terrible contract when Spurs were on the up, but he clearly does want to win trophies.

croadyman

This keeps coming up but he asked to leave two years ago. He clearly wants out and has wanted out for a while. He fecked up signing a terrible contract when Spurs were on the up, but he clearly does want to win trophies.
Well we will see now how much he is prepared to push for this move. Obviously him being settled in London with family is gonna play a part

Nick7

Well we will see now how much he is prepared to push for this move. Obviously him being settled in London with family is gonna play a part
I think him not re-signing there when it seems like offered have been there the last two years is a good indication. Either way Levy won’t sell him, he wants the record so he ain’t sitting a season out.

croadyman

I think him not re-signing there when it seems like offered have been there the last two years is a good indication. Either way Levy won’t sell him, he wants the record so he ain’t sitting a season out.
So if you say Levy won't sell him why are we bothering or did you mean he won't unless Kane comes out and criticises him

Nori-

Kane for £100m is a disaster IMO.

Yes we need goals but at £100m and 30 years old, we are getting almost no resale value. It would make so much more sense to pay a bit more for Osimenhen, get several years out of him and potentially get most of or more than you paid for him back to re-invest. I'd even gamble on a player like Ramos who can get goals, is younger, will cost less and could improve massively under Ten Hag.

City have done this with Haaland + Alvarez, Liverpool with Nunez + Gakpo, Barca went the other way and bought Lewandowski but he was a third of Kanes price and gets as many goals.

We haven't learnt our lesson, you can't just throw money at a problem without a long term plan. Chelsea being the perfect example this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kane strongly tried to move just 2 summers ago. But he had too many years left and Tottenham held all the cards.
This summer is the equivalent to the Van Persie signing. One year on the contract left.

croadyman

Yes we need goals but at £100m and 30 years old, we are getting almost no resale value. It would make so much more sense to pay a bit more for Osimenhen, get several years out of him and potentially get most of or more than you paid for him back to re-invest. I'd even gamble on a player like Ramos who can get goals, is younger, will cost less and could improve massively under Ten Hag.

City have done this with Haaland + Alvarez, Liverpool with Nunez + Gakpo, Barca went the other way and bought Lewandowski but he was a third of Kanes price and gets as many goals.

We haven't learnt our lesson, you can't just throw money at a problem without a long term plan. Chelsea being the perfect example this year.
Ever thought that just maybe Utd have tried to get Osimhen as alternative but found Napoli president even worse than Levy to deal with. We also were never gonna pay €150m for him either.

cyberman

Can’t believe you’re putting. Nunez and Gakpo in here to be honest

Baxquux

Lewa was also dominating the Bundesliga for several years before that, well past Kane's current age and Bayern didn't start desperately seeking a replacement at 29 r 30. Benzema was the key man for Real Madrid all through his early 30s when they were winning consecutive CLs. Ronaldo (prior to the self-parody year/s of late) was a genuine force and spearheading Madrid to CLs well past Kane's current age. In today's climate , relying upon strikers past the age of 29 is hardly something to be ashamed of or to be seen as a lack of 'long-term planning'.

Obviously the plan is to buy a younger striker to play in concert- every brief has indicated this, as well as potentially reintegrating a certain player or replacing them with one of similar pedigree. Even if it wasn't, Kane could literally play for another 7 years as a no.10 version of Modric behind rapid split strikers, or in a '2' with Bruno behind the front 2: he's one of the best playmakers in Europe and his passing and football intelligence, if not so much his acceleration, is close to or on par with De Bruyne. He'd be an incredible medium-term signing if played alongside capable mobile players...

Doracle

You underestimate the pull of Real Madrid and Levy's determination to sell him to Europe than to any EPL side.
There was an immediate press briefing that Kane wanted nothing to do with Madrid as soon as that rumour surfaced earlier this week. That’s only going to have emanated from his people.

It’s pretty clear that Levy is going to be left in no doubt that Kane will move to another English team and that he’s either going to have to accept a reasonable price this summer from United this summer or be the laughing stock of the whole football world when Kane walks on a free to any club he chooses next year. The only question is how public Kane will make his position known.

Nick7

So if you say Levy won't sell him why are we bothering or did you mean he won't unless Kane comes out and criticises him
Why did we waste all of last summer on FDJ? Sancho two years ago. We have previous of going for unattainable targets. I think even if Kane came out and called him a loser egghead Levy’s ego wouldn’t let him sell to us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Get him for £150, I don't mind. I want him now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
De Laurentiis slapped a €90m price tag on Koulibaly for 4 years, kept him for 8 years in total and sold him only to Chelsea for €40m when he was already ancient with 1 year left in his contract.
Excellent owner then

Cassidy

Remember that when we try and deal with Levy for Kane and you get frustrated
Why should I expect the owner of the opposition to make it easy for us?

Levy isn’t an excellent owner though but Napoli didn’t want to sell Koulibally and so didn’t let contracts run down (and then sold him when he was past it) thats excellent management from them

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why should I expect the owner of the opposition to make it easy for us?

Levy isn’t an excellent owner though but Napoli didn’t want to sell Koulibally and so didn’t let contracts run down (and then sold him when he was past it) thats excellent management from them
Is it?

Pissing off players who want to move does not exactly get you a good rep around the industry I wouldn’t think

Cassidy

Is it?

Pissing off players who want to move does not exactly get you a good rep around the industry I wouldn’t think
Koulibally was not pissed off hence he signed a new contract… stop making things up. He always said he was happy to stay at Napoli

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The earliest he'd play a competitive match for us is August 2024, which is 14 months away.

I'm against spending 100m on him, but he's certainly not "free in a few months" in any practical sense.
You can't count between now and August 2023 so forget about that.
It's one season.
Club would be mad to spend 100m.
Absolutely mad.