Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seems like a no brainer, although we should be looking at the next Harry Kane who is 8 years younger and able to contribute for a decade over a 30 year old.

Kag

As if we’ve got sad acts on here that wouldn’t sign this fella.

Just look at today for feck sake.

lex talionis

Surely there must be the financial capacity to borrow the 80m it would take right now, in the January window, to pry Harry loose from Daniel. We have no strikers, and without strikers, we will drop points as we did today.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Surely there must be the financial capacity to borrow the 80m it would take right now, in the January window, to pry Harry loose from Daniel. We have no strikers, and without strikers, we will drop points as we did today.
No reason for them to. The goal this season was top four and we're very likely to finish in the top four as is. Bookie odds imply a probability of roughly 75%, for example. They'll be content with how things are.

lex talionis

No reason for them to. The goal this season was top four and we're very likely to finish in the top four as is. Bookie odds imply a probability of roughly 75%, for example. They'll be content with how things are.
Likely is right, but we’ve fallen out of the top four from likely top four positions before. With Kane, we go from likely top four to stone wall top four. And the added half season to acclimate to the hot lights of OT would do Harry and United wonders to hit the new season at a full sprint.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
20 million? You're estimation is so far removed from the reality of the current transfer market. Arsenal just paid 27 million for Trossard with 6 months on his contract.

It'll take a minimum of 50 for spurs to consider selling him.
I'm not estimating I'm saying that's all I'd pay.
I know Levy will want a billion

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Yeah, Kane would have prevented every goal we conceded today. We should absolutely go out and sign him, whatever the cost…
;)Sounds likee how people rate caceido after letting 2 goals in vs leicster

AdNani

Yeah, Kane would have prevented every goal we conceded today. We should absolutely go out and sign him, whatever the cost…
as if your actually using todays game as an example to not sign the best #9 we could possibly sign,

It's absolutely blatant we need a ST, and a midfielder. but we should sign the best available in both areas. Kane is easily the best CF we can sign and we should be all over it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
£20m suggestion is nuts even if we are paying for just one extra season but I don’t think Levy would sell him to us even if we offer them £100m. He still has that perception of Spurs being fierce rivals to all PL clubs. We’d probably need to wait another year and just grab him for free when he is out of contract.

ForeverRed1

£20m suggestion is nuts even if we are paying for just one extra season but I don’t think Levy would sell him to us even if we offer them £100m. He still has that perception of Spurs being fierce rivals to all PL clubs. We’d probably need to wait another year and just grab him for free when he is out of contract.
I’m hoping kane has some say in where he goes and wants to come here. In England, not a london club (that would tarnish his reputation imo). He wanted to go city two summers ago, didn’t get his move despite the gentleman’s agreement. He has got his head down and carried on with them.. I’m hoping if kane wants this move and we pay up the money.. we get him. Surely levy will want the money this summer for his rebuild.

3KDré

We need more than Casemiro, we need someone to replace Eriksen and backup for Casemiro
I agree. But we're much more likely to be able to find an able backup for Casemiro (even a younger player with potential) than to find a top striker. There are very few out there, the ones that are younger have a question mark over their head. If we sign Kane we become title contendors straight away. No doubt. Sign Kane and spend the rest of the budget on younger players with the potential to take over from Eriksen/Casemiro.

croadyman

Seems like a no brainer, although we should be looking at the next Harry Kane who is 8 years younger and able to contribute for a decade over a 30 year old.
How bout this guy at Brighton to be understudy

Strelok

30 and 12 months on his contract.

Insanity to pay more than 20mill for him when he is available for nowt such a short time later

His signature doesn't guarantee trophies
If my memory serves me right we refused to sell Lingard, yeah Lingard to WH for some similar money last year. When he also had one year left.

croadyman

Yes but not for another 3 or so years. If we bring in Kane, we could also get a young up and coming DM or CM. Next summer a young striker and so on. We have enough time to sort it out while also maximising the talent that we have now. What would be the point in having now a young striker that needs 2 or so years to adapt/ develop while Casemiro and Varane are at their prime?
Yeah making the most out of them two is vital

RkkMan

Never mind eh lads? Maybe if we splurge £100m on Kane we’ll be able to defend in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Maybe now you realise where our real issues lie.
Controlling a game is irrelevant if you're not scoring goals and no Rashford can't be a solution as a No9 because his hold up play and back to goal are far off that of an elite No9. A cheap squad player to an injury prone Martial won't work either because you're stockpiling the team with future deadwood
We need both a No9 AND a CM as equal priorities

Robertd0803

Id much rather he stay at Spurs to be honest, its going to take stupid money to sign him for a season or two at best.

Cloud7

Ignoring that most recent tweet about him signing a new contract, I don't think the motivation will be there for Spurs to sell him this summer. Kane has guaranteed them 20+ goals per season for many years now, and Spurs are much, much worse without him. The powers that be over there may weigh whatever transfer fee they are likely to get for him versus having another season of him and then planning their next move for when he leaves (Or the small chance that he renews during that time again). Realistically, let's say they get 100 million for him, who can they get that will replace what he brings to their team with any certainty? It is a big gamble for them, and I can see a lot of reasons why they may prefer to keep him for one more season rather than sell him.