Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Kane got to a CL final with Spurs & delle ali
:eek:
But didn’t win it. If Kane was ambitious enough then he’d of left a few years ago when he was a bit younger. He knew he’d never win a trophy with spurs.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Football is a team game.
And that team couldn't even win a league cup?
And Kane never bothered to leave for a team that could win more?
Winning mentality is an ability. He may not have one

Abraxas

It’s just flat out wrong that Kane has “no pace at all”. Weghorst is an example of an outright slow player. He looks like he is running in treacle. Kane is clearly not fast, by premier league standards, but he has adequate pace to hold his own and rarely gets caught if he gets some space. If anything, he actually seems more mobile than ever currently.

Kane’s last three club managers have been Mourinho, Nuno and Conte - they are the very definition of negative managers. There is no way at all that Kane is the cause of Spurs looking defensive. He’s the absolute perfect option for a team with attacking intent given how brilliant he is at bringing others into play.
I don't think he has pace. Of course he can find a space and with anticipation and timing he can beat a defender. That's the art of being a top 9. But I don't see pace and that means you are always going to need it to come from the wide players to ensure there is a balance. Not necessarily a problem with the likes of Rashford, but maybe a problem with some other attacking lineups we could field. The manager has used slowish players as a focal point anyway, I'm just saying it's a consideration of how he works with the likes of Sancho, Antony, Bruno.

What I do think is a problem is his off the ball pressing. That means that once again we would have to consider how we coordinate a press around Kane. It's not easy to do as we saw with Ronaldo. Ideally if you want to make that a big component of play you would like the player leading the line involved otherwise the chance of easy get out balls for the opponent is high.

I'm not saying Kane is the cause of being defensive, I am saying that quite clearly he has been in stodgy football teams for years now. Like...since Poch and he was younger then. That's just the reality. So it's not that he's the cause beyond the managers or other players but I can't rule out that he's a factor within that. Everything goes towards Kane as the star 9 in these sides and maybe it doesn't help to create great football.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
But didn’t win it. If Kane was ambitious enough then he’d of left a few years ago when he was a bit younger. He knew he’d never win a trophy with spurs.
Ambition is something to admire, but so is loyalty. Kane has tried to take Spurs to the next level and amazingly almost did it with a relatively meh tottenham squad playing in a champion's league final. Freaking Dele Alli was probably their second best player, enough said. I admire players like Kane and Gerrard who try to take their squads to the next level all the while knowing that it would be a hell of lot easier just to win silverware by jumping ship to Madrid or Barca etc.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Shouldn’t have signed Van persie then. Stupid opinion.
I think Van Persie is perfect analogy for why we should buy Kane. Van Persie was in his last few years of his prime and took our squad to the next level.

mctrials23

I think Van Persie is perfect analogy for why we should buy Kane. Van Persie was in his last few years of his prime and took our squad to the next level.
For how long. 1 season. How much would Kane cost? To make his fee anything but madness would require 3+ years of elite output from him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ambition is something to admire, but so is loyalty. Kane has tried to take Spurs to the next level and amazingly almost did it with a relatively meh tottenham squad playing in a champion's league final. Freaking Dele Alli was probably their second best player, enough said. I admire players like Kane and Gerrard who try to take their squads to the next level all the while knowing that it would be a hell of lot easier just to win silverware by jumping ship to Madrid or Barca etc.
Ye that’s understandable. Staying loyal is good but there has to be a time when you understand for your career that you need to move on to win trophies. I suppose the Tottenham owner was Trying to make him stay by employing managers with a record of winning trophies… mourinho/conte. Hasn’t worked though.

lex talionis

Just out of curiosity how many more trophies does Casemiro have than Kane?
I’m intrigued by the nature of the question. Roy Keane has quite a few more trophies in his pocket than Harry Kane, but I’d much rather go in for Kane right now than Roy Keane.

Ok, maybe that’s a bad example. Jamie Vardy has more trophies in his pocket than Harry Kane. I’d still rather go in for Kane right than Vardy.

The point of my question is that some are concerned with Kane’s age, which is not an insane concern. I’ve had the chance to research the question. Casemiro, an animal, is older than Kane.

lex talionis

For how long. 1 season. How much would Kane cost? To make his fee anything but madness would require 3+ years of elite output from him.
Which is quite foreseeable. No guarantees though. Very few footballers can guarantee you outstanding performances for three seasons.

EtH

RVP was very unlucky. Fergie retired after his first season and we went to complete shit.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
And Kane never bothered to leave for a team that could win more?
To be fair when he signed the contract they'd become a consistent top 4 side, came second the season before with 86 points and got to the champions league final the season after. It was a talented side doing well under Pochettino. I think at the time he genuinely believed they had a good chance of winning trophies, and he probably wanted to give it every chance with having been with them since a child. When the outlook became more bleak he did push for a move and thought he had a "gentleman's agreement" with Levy

I don't think it's a lack of ambition, he was definitely naïve though, Levy pulled the same thing with Modric with the whole Gentleman's agreement thing.

dazjoe

The "don't buy Kane he hasn't won anything" is the single worst argument against signing a player I've ever seen.

As already pointed out, neither had RVP.
Nor Dwight Yorke who was only 2 years younger than Kane when he signed for United.
Sheringham's trophy cabinet was hardly bursting at the seams either.

My ideal pick is Osimhem but Kane is world class, and guarantees you 30 goals +.
You really need to do some mental gymnastics to try and convince yourself it would be a bad signing.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Van Persie was a whole different level of injury prone to Kane as well.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The "don't buy Kane he hasn't won anything" is the single worst argument against signing a player I've ever seen.

As already pointed out, neither had RVP.
Nor Dwight Yorke who was only 2 years younger than Kane when he signed for United.
Sheringham's trophy cabinet was hardly bursting at the seams either.

My ideal pick is Osimhem but Kane is world class, and guarantees you 30 goals +.
You really need to do some mental gymnastics to try and convince yourself it would be a bad signing.
Agreed, it would also be a cheaper transfer in terms of a fee and he will adapt right away at us.
He would be an incredible transfer if we manage to pull it off.

Bebestation

And he gave us a single season…
Because he was injury prone and also had an average manager after the good one retired.

Kane is not injury prone.

Anyway, Ten Hag has signed Casemiro, Eriksen, Sabitzer, Weghorst, Martinez who is 25 as well during his time here.

I honestly don’t think he cares much about age so ultimately it doesn’t matter what is fans think.

If ten Hag thinks Kane has the right technical ability, has the mentality to want to leave Spurs and win - then the age won’t really matter to our manager.

Let’s see.

Now we may get a potential young striker coming back to our squad - an old experienced one makes sense a bit too.

Cassidy

Because he was injury prone and also had an average manager after the good one retired.

Kane is not injury prone.

Anyway, Ten Hag has signed Casemiro, Eriksen, Sabitzer, Weghorst, Martinez who is 25 as well during his time here.

I honestly don’t think he cares much about age so ultimately it doesn’t matter what is fans think.

If ten Hag thinks Kane has the right technical ability, has the mentality to want to leave Spurs and win - then the age won’t really matter to our manager.

Let’s see.

Now we may get a potential young striker coming back to our squad - an old experienced one makes sense a bit too.
My point wasn't about his age...

Bebestation

My point wasn't about his age...
I mentioned if he wanted to leave Spurs then he would then have the mentality of wanting to win.

If he doesn’t then he wouldn’t come and we wouldn’t get him anyway -

So it’s a win win.

Cassidy

I mentioned if he wanted to leave Spurs then he would then have the mentality of wanting to win.

If he doesn’t then he wouldn’t come and we wouldn’t get him anyway -

So it’s a win win.
I disagree with that part, if he had that mentality he would have left already, and he certainly wouldn't join United ahead of a Bayern, Madrid etc at this stage of Uniteds development and his age.

Bebestation

I disagree with that part, if he had that mentality he would have left already, and he certainly wouldn't join United ahead of a Bayern, Madrid etc at this stage of Uniteds development and his age.
Well he wanted to leave for City and broke a fuss about that.

Let’s see if he wants to still win and leave for us.

Ten Hag will only go for him if he wanted to come and wanted to win - so we are pretty in a safe scenario.

He wants to win or he doesn’t.

We won’t get him if he doesn’t.

Last year on his contract too - so his price is a bit lower than it’s ever been when his contract was heavy.

mctrials23

Its such a weird stick to beat players with. Some of the best players of the last 20 years haven't won anything and some of the most forgettable and bang average ones have a cabinet full of them. Football is a team sport. I don't think Haaland is going to be winning any international trophies anytime soon.

Skills

Snitch
Ten hag doesnt seem to care about age.
Of course he doesn't. He's a head coach - and they understand they last about 3 years in the job. This is where the club needs to put its own long term interest before his.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They actually got to the final without him. They stuck him back in the team for the final and they stunk up the place.
:lol: yes, was about to say. Don't think he was the one who scored a hat-trick in a semi final from 2-0 down.

Bebestation

They actually got to the final without him. They stuck him back in the team for the final and they stunk up the place.
Yes from Lucas’s final minute goal vs Dortmund.

Pochettino bought him back half injured in the final and they lost because it was a poor decision- doesn’t mean Kane did shit all in the CL that season. He scored 5 goals in 9 games.

Of course he doesn't. He's a head coach - and they understand they last about 3 years in the job. This is where the club needs to put its own long term interest before his.
Sure if we should go against what an amazing manager like Ten Hag wants to do then that’s what you want to do.

Id rather go with what Ten Hag does and back him up.

Quality is quality and he will go for that - whether he thinks Kane is quality could be true or false. It wouldn’t surprise me if he does or doesnt.

Straight writing him off as some old loser is just a mindset, a mindset I don’t have.

Anyway, we most likely have a young striker popping back in to our squad - so that need to go against Ten Hag’s preferred build is a bit of a shooting yourself in the foot type of decision.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes from Lucas’s final minute goal vs Dortmund.

Pochettino bought him back half injured in the final and they lost because it was a poor decision- doesn’t mean Kane did shit all in the CL that season. He scored 5 goals in 9 games.
Context matters. 3 of those 5 goals were in the group stage against PSV. 1 was against Barcelona in a 4-2 loss and the other was in the second leg against Dortmund when they were already through to the next round

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Context matters. 3 of those 5 goals were in the group stage against PSV. 1 was against Barcelona in a 4-2 loss and the other was in the second leg against Dortmund when they were already through to the next round
Sorry are you trying to suggest that goals against Barcelona, Dortmund and PSV don't count because of 'context'? The acrobatics used by some in this thread to downplay Kane's ability is starting to become ridiculous.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sorry are you trying to suggest that goals against Barcelona, Dortmund and PSV don't count because of 'context'? The acrobatics used by some in this thread to downplay Kane's ability is starting to become ridiculous.
Eh, I think he’s world class but I don’t think he contributed much to that UCL final run.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Eh, I think he’s world class but I don’t think he contributed much to that UCL final run.
He was injured for part of it so that's obvious but you are suggesting that those goals don't matter as much which is just utter nonsense. His overall record in Europe is 45 goals in 74 appearances.

romufc

I really like Kane as a player, would take him at United all day. However; like some have mentioned on here, there is a mentality issue with him.

Does he want to win the top trophies, he seems more interested in individual awards to me.

You want your strikers to deliver in big moments, unfortunately, Kane does not do that. Yes, in league games he has scored important goals, loads of goals for England too.

In the CL, he did not deliver in the semi and final because of injuries and being unfit, he was a ghost in the final.

For England, he done well when England were rebuilding in 2018 and there was no pressure, as soon as Euro 2020 and WC 22 came about and England had a bit more pressure, he was a ghost again. Big moments, Kane does not delivery.

This is why I question his mentality, we need players, in the big moments that will deliver for us.

telstar96

Yes he did score 5 in 9 but there's a caveat to that. For starters 4 of those goals came in the group stage. The other came in a dead rubber 2nd leg game against Dortmund after Spurs had beat them 3-0; a game in which Kane was absent through injury. Then Spurs played City in the QFs, winning 1-0 at home through a Son goal but unfortunately lost Kane to injury in the 2nd half. Kane didn't feature for the rest of the UCL campaign till the final. People bash him unfairly for the final as he was nowhere near match fit, but it's a myth that Kane led his team to the final. Tottenham got there despite him being absent.

Yes it's bad luck to be injured but look across Kane's career of UCL KO games and international tournaments. He just seems to fall at the final hurdle. I think the 2022 WC QF against France is testament to that. That's why personally for me, while Kane would be a prolific scorer at league level, I wouldn't feel confident in his ability to deliver for us in the big games and given he's going to be 30 in the summer, there's not much room for growth in this area.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I really like Kane as a player, would take him at United all day. However; like some have mentioned on here, there is a mentality issue with him.

Does he want to win the top trophies, he seems more interested in individual awards to me.

You want your strikers to deliver in big moments, unfortunately, Kane does not do that. Yes, in league games he has scored important goals, loads of goals for England too.

In the CL, he did not deliver in the semi and final because of injuries and being unfit, he was a ghost in the final.

For England, he done well when England were rebuilding in 2018 and there was no pressure, as soon as Euro 2020 and WC 22 came about and England had a bit more pressure, he was a ghost again. Big moments, Kane does not delivery.

This is why I question his mentality, we need players, in the big moments that will deliver for us.
That is laughable if you honestly believe that. You don't think Kane wants to win top trophies? I've heard it all now. Sorry but some of you lot need to give your heads a wobble.