Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's pure class and up there with the best of his generation(Lewandowski, benzema), and I wanted him here ever since his breakthrough but I'm afraid right now, it's too late. What a shame.

Andersons Dietician

As good as he is, as others have said it would prove we’ve learned nothing, and if he did come to United all this talk of him wanting to move for trophies will be absolute Bull. We ain’t getting any trophies anytime soon and it’ll clearly be for the money.
Add to the above, just the way the team is we’d probably waste his best years and by the time the team is ready to take advantage of having a Kane it’ll be too late and he won’t be the player he was. For me we need to target young, hungry up and coming players that can grow and peak with the team when it’s ready. Example Ronaldo and Rooney.
To me Kane and even Rice I feel would just turn out to much the same of what we have. Overpaid, underperforming cry babies.

ForeverRed1

I think Kane is gone regardless even if we finish top four or we don’t tbh. Well I don’t think he will be signing a new contract also if we refuse to sell him again.

Why are you talking about United in the Harry Kane thread?
because we’re constantly linked with him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm a bit worried about Harry Kane.

I feel like he is performing well due to Conte and his ability with strikers like Lukaku.

That's not saying I don't want Kane - but I don't know if our next manager is going to get Conte' Kane performance compared to the Kane's performance in the recent season before this current one.

marktan

We're not signing him, no chance.

He's class though. His all round game is phenomenal. Suits a counter attacking team perfectly.

My one worry though is that his running never looks as 'easy' for lack of a better word, compared to say Benzema or a younger Ronaldo. He seems to take a lot of knocks and then hobbles around, Conte isn't known for rotating or managing his players well so I can see Kane picking up more and more frequent injuries as he enters his 30s.

redmeister

I feel like he is performing well due to Conte and his ability with strikers like Lukaku.

That's not saying I don't want Kane - but I don't know if our next manager is going to get Conte' Kane performance compared to the Kane's performance in the recent season before this current one.
But last season Kane was easily the best player in the Prem. Diaz being oven POTY over him was a joke. He was both top scorer and top assister.

Lecland07

You mean last season as in the one where he finished top scorer and top assister in the Premier League? I don't know where this idea is coming from that he wasn't great last season. He had 33 goals and 17 assists (50 goal contribution) in 49 games in total last season. 23 goals and 14 assists (37 goal contribution) in 35 games in the Premier League.

Poor start to this season, but he has still managed 31 goal contributions in 43 games this season in total. 20 goal contributions (12 goals and 8 assists) in 30 in the Premier League.

croadyman

Yeah I hate to sound downbeat but Harry Kane says he wants to win major honours and play at the highest level. If he joined us then it will be for money only as we are a fair distance from that being something we can offer any player. Plus he isn’t getting any younger.

I would take him in a heart beat though if we have the money to buy several players.
Yeah no chance we can afford other players as well, we aren't City/Chelsea/PSG

croadyman

People sit and watch us perform how we did today, unable to create a single chance and then watch Kane create 3 goals for spurs against a better team and somehow there’s still a load of people who “wouldn’t take him here” :lol:
Course I would take him but not at the expense of rebuilding midfield and right side

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

He was pretty good on the whole under Mourinho. Look at how he was playing start of 20-21 season.

Red Bilko

Give it a rest, who the fuk wants to come to United? We're shit and in a mess. Might take a couple of years of being half decent, until players (good ones) want to sign for us again.

Redlyn

Exactly the type of player we should NOT sign going forward. We'd be getting the back end of his career for the highest wages and transfer fee around. The only way is down and for the astronomic price he'd go for with so many gaps in our squad to fill, it's not worth it. I wouldn't hate it as he is a great player but I don't think this is the right direction.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I hate how people have constantly said he is coming to the end of his career, I think he will play well into his mid 30s he could easily play in midfield on a more permanent basis.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The advantage Harry has is that he wasn’t overplayed in his earlier years and I think he was around 21/22 when he started having 30-40 appearances a season.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

There’s zero chance of him coming here, literally nothing in it for him.
This kind of logic is silly
If he has trust in his own ability then he should believe that adding his talent to a Man Utd squad that's superior to what he has to work with at Tottenham should be capable of competing for the big trophies

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
This kind of logic is silly
If he has trust in his own ability then he should believe that adding his talent to a Man Utd squad that's superior to what he has to work with at Tottenham should be capable of competing for the big trophies
I tend to agree that there is nothing in it for him to join Man Utd at this stage of his career other than money. He either joins a club he can challenge for trophy right away (Man City), or stay with Spurs with Conte in charge.

NoPace

I'm surprised there aren't more rumours of a Kane for Lukaku + money swap. Conte gets Lukaku back and a little cash to buy a new wingback or whatever, Chelsea get an upgrade, Kane gets to compete for trophies and doesn't have to move.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Luckily Ten Haag would have the last say on all our transfer, he probably wouldn’t want to go for Kane and Rice, as they doesn’t seem to fit his Tiki Taka football approach. Plus they are massively overpriced anyway, I am not sure whether our 200m budget could cover the cost of these 2 players alone.

sherrinford

Luckily Ten Haag would have the last say on all our transfer, he probably wouldn’t want to go for Kane and Rice, as they doesn’t seem to fit his Tiki Taka football approach. Plus they are massively overpriced anyway, I am not sure whether our 200m budget could cover the cost of these 2 players alone.
What makes you say his approach to football is 'tiki taka' and what makes you think neither player is a good fit?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What makes you say his approach to football is 'tiki taka' and what makes you think neither player is a good fit?
Because he clearly is (possession based football with quick short pass) and because they clearly are not (familiar with this type of football)

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I disagree with Rice & Kane not fitting Ten Hag's tactics. Rice and Alvarez are quite similar for example regularly talked about as a CB playing in midfield just as he made the more technical version if De Jong play tactically as a Cb/CDM player.

On the other side, Ten Hag has managed to get the best out of Haller in his league. I don't see why he wouldn't want Kane all except for his age.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Kane would be a good singing if we could get him for 75m. Can we offer levy rashford + 25m and get the deal done ?

Deery

Dreary
Weird thing about Kane is he would be a good signing, probably get the goals and add to general play, but he just doesn’t excite me. Say Nunez a kid I hardly know and have seen little of and I’m already twice as excited as Kane.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I disagree with Rice & Kane not fitting Ten Hag's tactics. Rice and Alvarez are quite similar for example regularly talked about as a CB playing in midfield just as he made the more technical version if De Jong play tactically as a Cb/CDM player.

On the other side, Ten Hag has managed to get the best out of Haller in his league. I don't see why he wouldn't want Kane all except for his age.
Not sure about Rice as Ten Haag requires his DM to press high sometimes to allow more fluidity and dynamism, Rice is more like a sit back and defend type of DM to me. Also, West Ham has effectively priced him out of the market with 180n price tag. If we buy him we have no money left to buy another players.

Regarding Kane, I think Ten Haag prefers to use younger players anyway, not sure if he is willing to spend half our fund to buy a 29 year old striker who is slowing down this season.

JeffFromHK

Amazed so many fans here still consider him a good buy. Can we stop buying star players on downward trajectory again? Haven't we learnt enough lessons?

Kaushal

I feel like Kane never commanded the same respect from caf as other top strikers for some unknown reasons. Was called a one season wonder then two now seen as an aging injury prone striker on a downward trajectory whilst still in his prime and still hitting top numbers and still playing without any major injury issues.

Proven season in season out under different managers whilst playing for a club like Tottenham who never win anything ever and are never surrounded by world class players like other top sides yet never held in the same breath as Lewandowski, Benzema or even Aguero despite being a more complete player than most of them.

I for one would love us to sign Kane if the fee is reasonable so would Fergie if he was still managing us. 60-70m and I wouldn’t hesitate one bit. He never relied on his pace rather technique so I can still see him maintaining the same consistency for another 4-5 years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What on earth is this thread.
Firstly they'll probably finish above us, and secondly he's no pressing king pin himself, so might as well stick with Ronaldo.
It'd have been super risky last summer, let alone a year on.

cyberman

Amazed so many fans here still consider him a good buy. Can we stop buying star players on downward trajectory again? Haven't we learnt enough lessons?
Exactly, we need to build a squad base and we can add big stars in as the club stabilises. Say it takes 2 years to rebuild (generous) we will then have our star striker turn 32 and we suddenly have a huge problem before we even start.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Rashford ain’t worth 50 million on current form more like 30-35 million.

Edit: maybe not current form but on the basis of his age, potential, his form and numbers during early stages of his career.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
:lol: you value Rashford at 80-100 million? Based on this season you would be lucky to get 30m for him
Im valuing rashford at 50m and kane at 100m.

Levy will potentially be signing a future pm for all we know, levy being a businessman will see sense in paying premium for such a future asset not to mention the positive pr he'll get.