Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I can't believe I just saw a 7 minute interview with Harry Kane and he didn't say "obviously" at all , not even once.

Obviously.

Andersons Dietician

And to my memory they just got on by their name, neither was really good at it, very unfeasible to see him actually doing any good in it if he really chooses to do so.
Its kicking a ball, yes one shaped differently but their is a video somewhere of Beckham doing it and having no issues at all. If I recall they were super impressed as he was kicking field goals from a massive distance. Sure it’ll be very different with a bunch of people trying to close you down but I don’t imagine becoming an NFL kicker would be that much of a stretch for a talented footballer. I’m sure a few Rugby players have also made the jump and wasn’t there a Leister player who made the same change like 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Probably be something he’d like to try when he retires from football at the age of 36 or something.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As someone who knows zero about American football this "kicker role people are on about with Kane, is it simply a guy who gets wheeled out when they get a kick over the sticks? Something along the lines of what I imagine happens in hockey at corners?

Surely Kane couldn't be out there getting smashed by brutes in the rest of the game?

spe88

The way he drops back and links up play as well as scoring goals. I know it’s unrealistic but I think he would be a great fit for United.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So that is it for him? He will spend whole career in Spurs? What a waste of world class player

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Quite possibly the most boring "signature" goal celebration in the history of football. It annoys me every time I see it.

Yes, even more boring than Shearer's finger.

m1tch

Quite possibly the most boring "signature" goal celebration in the history of football. It annoys me every time I see it.

Worse than Robbie Keane's?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

wasn't Shearer's his whole hand?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Damn, when you're hitting 30 as a professional footballer and someone lists PFA young player of the year as the first award in "a string of awards" you've won in your career then that's the biggest slap in the face anyone could hand out.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
This came out of nowhere, why do you think so.
Last year of his contract is in the summer.
  • Thirty years old.
  • Won't go abroad as wants the all-time PL top scorer record.
  • Last chance to join a team that can challenge.
  • Chelsea he won't join, nor Arsenal, City have Halaand, Liverpool have Nunez.
  • Maybe Newcastle, maybe United.
  • Definitely try and tempt Levy, reckon £60m

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I think it will depend on a couple of things:

1. If we finish below spurs, which is a possibility, why would he bother coming here? Its not like we look any closer to winning anything, its the same old story for the past 10 years, 2 steps forward then 1 step back.

2. Levy, the lord mayor of stubborn town, would rather lose Kane on a free than sell him for £60m, that much I can guarantee. I think he'd want closer to 100m. Is that a lot of money for a 30 year old? You can decide.

M Bison

Supports
York City
would be an absolute game changer for us in the short term. Although another player wrong side of 30 on massive money.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think Conte and Kane's futures are linked. There is no way Conte sticks around if Levy sells Kane. For Kane to leave, then, Conte needs to decide to go first. Otherwise Kane will just stay another year hoping things get better and then decide his future in summer 2024. He has shown already that he doesn't have the stomach to force a move.

If Conte leaves, it gets more interesting. Even then, however, I think Levy will drive a very hard bargain because the Spurs supporters will be up in arms at the prospect of losing Kane and Conte in the same summer.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Last year of his contract is in the summer.
  • Thirty years old.
  • Won't go abroad as wants the all-time PL top scorer record.
  • Last chance to join a team that can challenge.
  • Chelsea he won't join, nor Arsenal, City have Halaand, Liverpool have Nunez.
  • Maybe Newcastle, maybe United.
  • Definitely try and tempt Levy, reckon £60m
Good bets but I reckon he'll stay there anyway.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think Conte and Kane's futures are linked. There is no way Conte sticks around if Levy sells Kane. For Kane to leave, then, Conte needs to decide to go first. Otherwise Kane will just stay another year hoping things get better and then decide his future in summer 2024. He has shown already that he doesn't have the stomach to force a move.

If Conte leaves, it gets more interesting. Even then, however, I think Levy will drive a very hard bargain because the Spurs supporters will be up in arms at the prospect of losing Kane and Conte in the same summer.
If I had to guess I think you are on the money here. If Conte commits to a new contract I'd expect Kane to do the same soon after.

Erik the Red

We should see if they'll trade Kane for Maguire and Bailly. Conte could play 6 at the back.
You forgot AWB, Jones, Lindelof and Telles. He could play with a goalkeeper and 10 defender, so has no need for Kane. For thar matter, they may as well give us Son as well.

We should move on, this doesn't make sense as part of a rebuild unless it allows us to target other positions because we get a cheap deal, and we won't.

Wilt

Feel sure he won’t go abroad and would want CL football and can imagine him leaving Spurs.

Despite having Haaland, still think City would be interested.

Utd or Chelsea (yes, i do think he would go to Chelsea) as joint second preference behind City. Newcastle as an outside shot.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It would be sad to see him retire without a trophy. He shouldn't have signed that 6 year contract without release clause.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Kane never relies on his pace for his game. There is no reason he can't play at a high level till 34 if he takes good care of his body.

Skills

Snitch
Kane never relies on his pace for his game. There is no reason he can't play at a high level till 34 if he takes good care of his body.
People always say this, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Pace is all about the time you've got on the ball, and players struggle to adapt to having less time than they were accustomed to in their prime. You're fractions later to taking a shot, making a pass or doing anything and very, very few players adapt to that drop off.

Josh 76

People always say this, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Pace is all about the time you've got on the ball, and players struggle to adapt to having less time than they were accustomed to in their prime. You're fractions later to taking a shot, making a pass or doing anything and very, very few players adapt to that drop off.
Spot on

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
From what i have seen Kane has been playing false 9 or even a #10 for spurs. He is their main play maker in a team with a runner like Son to finish off the chances he created. May be Spurs fan can clarify.

Kaos

Yep. CR7 is a perfect example of it too. He lost his burst of acceleration in his 30s but still kept his killer instinct in and around the box, but even thats going now late into this 30s.

I do think Kane will be fine up until his mid 30s. Like a 34 year old Ronaldo or Lewandowski today they still have the clinical killer instinct when it comes to burying chances. So I'd have no issue signing him for £70million if he gives us 3/4 years of his best.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Exactly.

I would also add that there is almost no correlation between the strikers that age best and how reliant they are on pace. The striker who has arguably aged best in the last 15 years or so in the PL has been Jamie Vardy, a player extremely dependent on pace. Robin Van Persie, on the other hand, a player more dependent on skill and football IQ, fell off a cliff at age 30-31.