Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Exactly.

I would also add that there is almost no correlation between the strikers that age best and how reliant they are on pace. The striker who has arguably aged best in the last 15 years or so in the PL has been Jamie Vardy, a player extremely dependent on pace. Robin Van Persie, on the other hand, a player more dependent on skill and football IQ, fell off a cliff at age 30-31.
Ok. you are absolutey right, especially on Van Persie.

Kaos

Exactly.

I would also add that there is almost no correlation between the strikers that age best and how reliant they are on pace. The striker who has arguably aged best in the last 15 years or so in the PL has been Jamie Vardy, a player extremely dependent on pace. Robin Van Persie, on the other hand, a player more dependent on skill and football IQ, fell off a cliff at age 30-31.
That's one example. For every RVP there's a Lewandowski, who most would argue was the Ballon D'or winner elect at the age of 32, then there were the likes of Zlatan and Bergkamp who were monsters in their 30s, and of course Drogba who arguably also had his best season at the age of 32 during Chelsea's double season where he bagged a silly number of goals. And of course our own Teddy Sheringham wasn't a bad signing despite joining us in his 30s. Half of these players started their careers in the 90s.

Erik the Red

Exactly.

Any player would fall off a cliff performance wise if their manager changed from Sir Alex to David Moyes. Also, the new star creative player to support van Persie was Marouane Fellaini. Tbh, I'm surprised van Persie didn't just retire on the spot.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I want us to sign a 9 for the next few years under Ten Hag, not another 30+ stop gap. He’s just going to be another player that needs replacing in 2-3 years, probably at the same time as Casemiro.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I want us to sign a 9 for the next few years under Ten Hag, not another 30+ stop gap. He’s just going to be another player that needs replacing in 2-3 years, probably at the same time as Casemiro.
Id rather have 2-3 years of world class quality. Hardly a stop gap.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Exactly.

You are right about Vardy, but he was in perfect physical shape whereas RVP was plagued with injuries that's what ended his career early at a top level.

tothetop96

Kane is an absolute baller in almost every aspect of his game and we would be a way better team if we had him.

He is a world class player that should have left Spurs ages ago.

Risky taking a punt on a 30 year old though. Would all depend on how much he costs, his contract is out in 2024.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Harry Kane is a frankly ridiculous striker stuck in a team with shit football for at least the last 3 years.

Real Name

Yeah, cause all players age and go down in form in the same time.. If there was a chance we'd be mad to miss out.

BerryBerryShrew

All depends on price. £60m is a no brainer but we know Levy will be looking at the £100m fee Chelsea got for Hazard with 1 year left on his contract and then slapping an additional £20m on top in a "petty revenge for Berba and Carrick (and possibly even Eriksen being in a red shirt)" United tax on Kane.

2 man midfield

Yeah, cause all players age and go down in form in the same time.. If there was a chance we'd be mad to miss out.
If you fill your team with players who are 30+ you’re probably going to have to replace them all around the same time. Doesn’t seem like an unreasonable assumption. Makes more sense to stagger the age profile of the squad.

Doracle

We should be putting out feelers on this. Unless Spurs show significant progress, I can’t see Kane signing a new deal. If it’s a situation where he’s said he won’t sign and there’s only one year left on his contract, Levy really ought to sell for a relatively reasonable price next Summer.

Real Name

If you fill your team with players who are 30+ you’re probably going to have to replace them all around the same time. Doesn’t seem like an unreasonable assumption. Makes more sense to stagger the age profile of the squad.
As I said it doesnt make sense.
Also adding a 30+ player to the team while we have another one doesnt mean we're filling the team with them. Nor does it mean their knees will be gone in 2, 3 years.

MiceOnMeth

Stinks of a RVP type deal. Great for a season or two at the tailend of his peak and then you're left with a injury plagued 32 year old on massive wages. Just can't see Kane being a Lewy or Benzema type who's still lethal at 35

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Id rather have 2-3 years of world class quality. Hardly a stop gap.
Well, even Barcelona only got 2-3 years of world class quality from Ronaldinho. In the end it really depends on what Levy is going to do in summer with Kane's contract, and what price he will set to let him go. In EPL he can probably only goes to Man Utd or Chelsea.

2 man midfield

As I said it doesnt make sense.
Also adding a 30+ player to the team while we have another one doesnt mean we're filling the team with them. Nor does it mean their knees will be gone in 2, 3 years.
What doesn’t make sense? Preferring to sign players younger than 30?

We have a first XI that already needs reinforcement in a lot of areas, non-existent squad depth, and several main players (De Gea, Varane, Maguire, Fred, Casemiro, Eriksen, Ronaldo) that are all either 30+ or less than 6 months from it.

I won’t argue that Harry Kane is a very good player right this second, but do we really want to add another player to that list if we can help it? Beggars can’t be choosers and all that, but surely there has to be someone else out there rather than yet another 9 who doesn’t move. He’s not coming on a free, he’d cost a lot of money.

Chairman Steve

Levy is not going to deal with us. He’s permanently etched us on his shit list after the Berbatov deal, where he had to accept the lower Utd bid, over the at the time newly OPEC owned City’s bid because Berbatov was dead set on coming to Utd.

He‘d personally burn down the new stadium before selling Kane to us.

croadyman

All depends on price. £60m is a no brainer but we know Levy will be looking at the £100m fee Chelsea got for Hazard with 1 year left on his contract and then slapping an additional £20m on top in a "petty revenge for Berba and Carrick (and possibly even Eriksen being in a red shirt)" United tax on Kane.
Yeah the money involved is everything,how much do people actually think he could be realistically obtained for as out on contract in 2024

Real Name

What doesn’t make sense? Preferring to sign players younger than 30?

We have a first XI that already needs reinforcement in a lot of areas, non-existent squad depth, and several main players (De Gea, Varane, Maguire, Fred, Casemiro, Eriksen, Ronaldo) that are all either 30+ or less than 6 months from it.

I won’t argue that Harry Kane is a very good player right this second, but do we really want to add another player to that list if we can help it? Beggars can’t be choosers and all that, but surely there has to be someone else out there rather than yet another 9 who doesn’t move. He’s not coming on a free, he’d cost a lot of money.
Replacing players over 30 at the same time.

jackal&hyde

Yes. He is by far the best option. Much lower price then last year and arguably the most complete striker in the World. For 3 years or so, he is for us in attack what Casemiro is in DM and Varane in defence. A must have IMO.

Guy Incognito

He is what, 5 goals, away from breaking Greavsie's record.

Reckon he'll push for a move come the summer, it really is now or never. Probably kicking himself he didn't join City.

jackal&hyde

Reckon he'll push for a move come the summer, it really is now or never. Probably kicking himself he didn't join City.
He would push us to the title IMO. Varane and Martinez in defence, Casemiro in mid and Kane in attack would be the strongest spines in the PL.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's under contract! The ball wasn't in his court, and still won't be come the summer if Spurs don't want him to go.

Chief123

As ridiculous as Haaland’s scoring rate is, I think Kane in the Man City team would have been a better fit. He would have got some ridiculous numbers in that team too but his link up play would have worked perfectly with city.

Walters_19_MuFc

As ridiculous as Haaland’s scoring rate is, I think Kane in the Man City team would have been a better fit. He would have got some ridiculous numbers in that team too but his link up play would have worked perfectly with city.
Not with the current wingers, in my opinion.

Kane's best attribute, other than his finishing, of course, is his ability to pick a pass. Therefore, he needs runners. If you look at City's current wingers, whilst they do somtimes run in behind, they are not the type to constantly stretch defences like Son, Salah, Rashford, Sterling, etc.

Kane, in my opinion, would have been more suited to City when they lined up with Sterling and Sane on the wings a few years back.

This is why I believe Sothgate should play Rashford/Sterling and Saka either side of Kane during the world cup.

Chief123

Not with the current wingers, in my opinion.

Kane's best attribute, other than his finishing, of course, is his ability to pick a pass. Therefore, he needs runners. If you look at City's current wingers, whilst they do somtimes run in behind, they are not the type to constantly stretch defences like Son, Salah, Rashford, Sterling, etc.

Kane, in my opinion, would have been more suited to City when they lined up with Sterling and Sane on the wings a few years back.

This is why I believe Sothgate should play Rashford/Sterling and Saka either side of Kane during the world cup.
That I do agree with. Sane and Sterling would be a better fit. Although I do think Foden can do the winger job as he’s deceptively quick.

jackal&hyde

I agree. But the possible sweet situation is, that Kane fits United better then Haalad would have. United needs a leader in attack that is a supreme goal scorer but also a very good creator and model to the young players that we have there.

I strongly believe Kane would be for United a Cantona like quality of pushing for the title. We need to get him this summer.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it will depend on a couple of things:

1. If we finish below spurs, which is a possibility, why would he bother coming here? Its not like we look any closer to winning anything, its the same old story for the past 10 years, 2 steps forward then 1 step back.

2. Levy, the lord mayor of stubborn town, would rather lose Kane on a free than sell him for £60m, that much I can guarantee. I think he'd want closer to 100m. Is that a lot of money for a 30 year old? You can decide.
This is one odd take

croadyman

He would push us to the title IMO. Varane and Martinez in defence, Casemiro in mid and Kane in attack would be the strongest spines in the PL.
Would love Kane but if we thought dealing with Levy over Carrick and Berba was difficult this is gonna be on a different level

jackal&hyde

Would love Kane but if we thought dealing with Levy over Carrick and Berba was difficult this is gonna be on a different level
I agree but there is only one year left on his contract and a bidding war is unlikely given City and Pool spend a lot on strikers recently. Maybe Madrid could be an option but I believe Kane wants the PL record goal scorer. We could do it I think If we wanted. Newcastle would have the money, but they have as much if not less chances as Spurs to win a PL so it makes no sense from a footballing perspective for the next 2 or 3 years.

If we want him he is our IMO and we start next season with a genuine chance for the league.

Sylar

He turns 30 and will be 30 when the new season starts next season.
However hes not a striker that relies on pace. His ability to drop and make passes is like an improved Teddy Sheringham. But his finishing is still top level. Would love him at United as I think we could still get 4-5 years out of him at the top. Having a lot of youth and running around him would be great too.

Dont see it happening but I reckon he could take us to a next level for competing for trophies.

croadyman

He turns 30 and will be 30 when the new season starts next season.
However hes not a striker that relies on pace. His ability to drop and make passes is like an improved Teddy Sheringham. But his finishing is still top level. Would love him at United as I think we could still get 4-5 years out of him at the top. Having a lot of youth and running around him would be great too.

Dont see it happening but I reckon he could take us to a next level for competing for trophies.
Yeah would be like when signing Teddy,however considerably more money involved

Sylar

Yeah would be like when signing Teddy,however considerably more money involved
Oh of course, no doubt. IMO would be worth it if it doesnt end up being the only signing.

I think him flirting with City shows he would have no issues with being in Manchester which is a plus.
I think his injury record isnt the worst. Since 2014/15 hes averaged over 40+ games in all seasons bar two (those two he got 38 and 34). And in those seasons he got 35 and 24 goals.

United get Kane, and a CM would be good. Would mean we can get a cheap RB (similar to Malacia). And that would only leave getting a GK long term.

All fantasy though as i dont see us going for Kane anyway.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Chelsea can be an option too, isn't it ? I don't think there is a rivalry aa such like they have with Arsenal?

croadyman

Oh of course, no doubt. IMO would be worth it if it doesnt end up being the only signing.

I think him flirting with City shows he would have no issues with being in Manchester which is a plus.
I think his injury record isnt the worst. Since 2014/15 hes averaged over 40+ games in all seasons bar two (those two he got 38 and 34). And in those seasons he got 35 and 24 goals.

United get Kane, and a CM would be good. Would mean we can get a cheap RB (similar to Malacia). And that would only leave getting a GK long term.

All fantasy though as i dont see us going for Kane anyway.
IF there was a cheap forward to see us through to summer and help get in the top 4 then go all in for him would be great

Giggsy13

With the rise of Garnacho and Antony occupying the right side for the foreseeable long term, do we consider some sort of swap involving Sancho? Hate to give up on a young player but Kane could turn us into title contenders.