Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

With the rise of Garnacho and Antony occupying the right side for the foreseeable long term, do we consider some sort of swap involving Sancho? Hate to give up on a young player but Kane could turn us into title contenders.
Spurs wouldn't do that swap

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bayern Munich link still isn't going away.

He surely wouldn't turn down a move there for 2-3 years if they come in with a serious offer next summer.

BerryBerryShrew

Bayern Munich link still isn't going away.

He surely wouldn't turn down a move there for 2-3 years if they come in with a serious offer next summer.
I'd bet that breaking Shearer's record is an obsession for him. He'd choose us over Bayern for that reason. Of course, Levy would charge us double what he'd charge Bayern too so who knows...

croadyman

I'd bet that breaking Shearer's record is an obsession for him. He'd choose us over Bayern for that reason. Of course, Levy would charge us double what he'd charge Bayern too so who knows...
What do you think is Utd's cutoff price

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Lets compare with the best DM in the world.

We paid £60m (plus £10m in add-ons) for Casemiro, 30. Contract at RM until june 2025, 4 years left.

Kane's 30 in the summer and he's a striker, or forward is probably a better description. Contract june 2024, 1 year left in the summer.

The contract situation is interesting but I guess it doesn't really matter as RM was happy to grant loyal servant Casemiro his wish to try a different league while Daniel Levy sets the price for Kane.

£85m seems fair for both parties, all things considered. He'd fit in at us like a glove, we should go for it.

Unless the new owners like Kylian..

wythyred

There‘s some really strange criticism of him on this forum.

He’s got the most assists in the tournament so far and looking at the set up of this England team he’s playing mostly as number 10.

He’s absolutely world class and I would love to have him at united.

cyberman

There‘s some really strange criticism of him on this forum.

He’s got the most assists in the tournament so far and looking at the set up of this England team he’s playing mostly as number 10.

He’s absolutely world class and I would love to have him at united.
The problem seems to be that he’s meant to be a hybrid but hasn’t the legs to get forward as a 9 and it blunts your attack. Instead of Kane getting on the end of chances it’s left to Sterling which isn’t how you want it

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The problem isn't him in this role. The problem is that in this team that role doesn't work for him with Sterling and Saka and a midfield of Mount/Bellingham/Rice as it does when he has players like Foden/Rashford to play with. It requires pacy forwards like Son/Rashford to thrive.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The problem isn't him in this role. The problem is that in this team that role doesn't work for him with Sterling and Saka and a midfield of Mount/Bellingham/Rice as it does when he has players like Foden/Rashford to play with. It requires pacy forwards like Son/Rashford to thrive.
This is a big part of the issue yes. Everytime I watch England I see a lack of quality in the final third, no quick first time crosses, everybody waiting for all the other players to get in position, etc. Kane is getting very little service at all which is why he comes deeper - a role he is very effective at as evidenced by him already having 3 assists in the world cup but without quality service into him he is going to struggle to score goals in this current side. England need to play Rashford every match because he is the one player with the pace needed to play off Kane effectively - luckily because Rashford has come into great form it's likely he will play every match from now on. I think if Maddison was in there then Kane would look a lot better as well. It's not that Kane hasn't played well, he has looked sharp on the ball and as I said, already has 3 assists, he just needs more from his team mates and for them to actually get the ball into him in dangerous positions.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Honest question, why would he go to Utd now? Not being funny but Utd are around Spurs' level in the league - the move to City I could understand, but why would he leave to a club that is currently really no better on the pitch than Spurs?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This is a big part of the issue yes. Everytime I watch England I see a lack of quality in the final third, no quick first time crosses, everybody waiting for all the other players to get in position, etc. Kane is getting very little service at all which is why he comes deeper - a role he is very effective at as evidenced by him already having 3 assists in the world cup but without quality service into him he is going to struggle to score goals in this current side. England need to play Rashford every match because he is the one player with the pace needed to play off Kane effectively - luckily because Rashford has come into great form it's likely he will play every match from now on. I think if Maddison was in there then Kane would look a lot better as well. It's not that Kane hasn't played well, he has looked sharp on the ball and as I said, already has 3 assists, he just needs more from his team mates and for them to actually get the ball into him in dangerous positions.
Agree Maddison would help. He has the same problem as Rooney did with England where we play with midfielders that aren't 'creators' so to speak so the burden is on them to do so but then they get attacked for not being a striker. It's a lose lose situation for him with the way Southgate sets up.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Honest question, why would he go to Utd now? Not being funny but Utd are around Spurs' level in the league - the move to City I could understand, but why would he leave to a club that is currently really no better on the pitch than Spurs?
1) Money - United can offer a lot more wages
2) Ambition - United are investing big in players to try and break the City dominance whereas Spurs are happy to keep plodding along without ever challenging for the title
3) Managers - Conte is very defensive minded whereas Ten Hag has a much more attacking mindset which Kane might prefer

That said I don't see Kane to United happening as I don't think the time is right - he'll cost too much and I think we'll want a more dynamic, pressing striker to fit Ten Hag's system.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
You're comparing one of United's worst periods in their history with one of Spurs's best and you still come out winning less trophies, 4 trophies to 0 the past decade.

Bottom line is Spurs have won two trophies (league cups) since Harry Kane has been alive.

You also fecked him over last year and are paying him peanuts compared to other world class players, earn £300k+ at United or keep being loyal to achieve a few top four finishes earning similar to what Jamie Vardy does, shouldn't be that hard a choice.

He's loyal though, so there's a chance, but to suggest Spurs are on the same level as Manchester United in any metric is either stupidity or, well no, its just stupidity.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You're comparing one of United's worst periods in their history with one of Spurs's best and you still come out winning less trophies, 4 trophies to 0 the past decade.

Bottom line is Spurs have won two trophies (league cups) since Harry Kane has been alive.

You also fecked him over last year and are paying him peanuts compared to other world class players, earn £300k+ at United or keep being loyal to achieve a few top four finishes earning similar to what Jamie Vardy does, shouldn't be that hard a choice.

He's loyal though, so there's a chance, but to suggest Spurs are a more attractive destination than Manchester United in any metric is either stupidity or, well no, its just stupidity.
I didn't say that.

Jericholyte2

Spurs fan who I work with says he'd snap our hands off for £70m for Kane, I told him I'd snap HIS hands off for Harry Kane for £70m...

Who's right?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs fan who I work with says he'd snap our hands off for £70m for Kane, I told him I'd snap HIS hands off for Harry Kane for £70m...

Who's right?
You are right, no Spurs fan in their right mind would want Kane to leave Spurs.

Mindhunter

You are right, no Spurs fan in their right mind would want Kane to leave Spurs.
Bear in mind that our record with 30+ players have been abysmal. Granted that Kane doesn't look like a crock or someone who will have a precipitous fall in output, but I am really on the edge on this. This won't solve our long-term problem and we would be in the market for a striker again in 2-3 years.

I would rather we spent the money on a younger player even if he won't be close to Kane's level on current form.

EtH

This is finally the summer he leaves I think. I really hope we get him. We basically have a free run at him if he wants to move and stay in the PL.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This is finally the summer he leaves I think. I really hope we get him. We basically have a free run at him if he wants to move and stay in the PL.
He only leaves if Conte leaves in my opinion.

EtH

He only leaves if Conte leaves in my opinion.
Don’t think he gives a toss about playing for Conte. If anything I reckon he would be excited to play for a progressive manager for once.

BerryBerryShrew

What do you think is Utd's cutoff price
I'd imagine £70m but Levy will benchmark Kane against Hazard when he moved to Real (similar situation: top class player with one year left on contract) so he'll look for over £100m.

The thing is that Levy hates us with a passion ever since the Berbatov/Carrick deals. Were it not for the fan backlash he'd probably prefer to sell Kane to Arse/Chelsea than us.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
May have been solved by last night's performance from Rashford and Foden tbf.

EtH

I'd imagine £70m but Levy will benchmark Kane against Hazard when he moved to Real (similar situation: top class player with one year left on contract) so he'll look for over £100m.

The thing is that Levy hates us with a passion ever since the Berbatov/Carrick deals. Were it not for the fan backlash he'd probably prefer to sell Kane to Arse/Chelsea than us.
None of that will matter if we make a proper bid and Kane refuses to sign a new contract.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Depends who gets top 4 at the end of the season really. Spurs had the lightening start, Man. United very much in transition yet the difference is what 3 points currently? Liverpool surely will reel off 5-6 straight wins at some stage from January.

Kane isn't signing a new deal to play europa league football for rest of his career so he'll want as many seasons in the champions league as possible from this point.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Kane is done IMO. Should see out at his career at Spurs.

United should be looking for a striker that's on the verge of hitting his prime years, like Osimhen.

croadyman

United should be looking for a striker that's on the verge of hitting his prime years, like Osimhen.
He might well be,however getting Osimhen out of Napoli looks like it could be a huge ask.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Don’t think he gives a toss about playing for Conte. If anything I reckon he would be excited to play for a progressive manager for once.
Probably not but Conte will make keeping Kane a condition of staying so if Levy wants to keep Conte, he keeps Kane as well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Hes far from done imo

MegadrivePerson

Yes 100% certain he would for a number of reasons.

Kane has one chance left at a big move, United can blow Spurs out the water and offer him double anything that Spurs offer him.

United are clearly on the way up, whereas Spurs are on the way down. There are question marks over how long Conte will be in charge with his negative style of football whereas Erik Ten Hag will be here long term playing progressive football. United could win the league next season just by adding Kane.

Kane is still angry that Daniel Levy refused to allow him to move to City, so why on earth would he stay any longer than he has to? If he was going to sign another contract at Spurs he’d have done it by now. The Bayern rumours are interesting. It wouldn't surprise me if Levy has already approached Bayern to offer him to them.

Lack of options. He won’t go to Chelsea or Arsenal, Liverpool can’t afford him plus have just spent big on Nunez, City signing Haaland means that Kane has missed his opportunity to join them, so he has to decide what his next best move would be. He wants to stay in the Premier League so that only really leaves United.

Grande

Sure, it’s a good question, and it’s certainly not a given. It will depend wether he sees United’s star on the rise and Spurs on the wane or not, I think, and wether he’ll think United has a higher ceiling for the next three years of his carreer. You could of course argue either way, but he will have his gut feeling of wether Spurs is just starting to build something big, or if he feels Conte has gotten all there is out of more limited resources. It matters little what I believe. There is of course also the posibility that his vanity would like him once in his carreer to have played in one of those famous childhood dream clubs like United, RM, Barca, Juve, Liverpool whatnot, and United is his chance. Tbh I think there is practically no chance it will happen like that.

He’d be a brilliant player for Ten Hag though, I think, he is one of the more complete and intelligent players I’ve seen.

SAF is the GOAT

£85m seems fair for both parties, all things considered. He'd fit in at us like a glove, we should go for it.
He's not worth that kind of money especially in his last year for his contract.

Levy can sell cheaply or he'll see his striker go for free a year after that

OrcaFat

Bear in mind that our record with 30+ players have been abysmal. Granted that Kane doesn't look like a crock or someone who will have a precipitous fall in output, but I am really on the edge on this. This won't solve our long-term problem and we would be in the market for a striker again in 2-3 years.

I would rather we spent the money on a younger player even if he won't be close to Kane's level on current form.
I agree. Kane two years ago would have been a fantastic signing. Now I think his game is changing. Very good player, still, but will score fewer goals in future and probably ends up playing in Bruno’s position.

I would probably be happy if Kane did come here but I’d prefer a guy with pace who will keep getting into the six yard area and get some big numbers for us.

EtH

Probably not but Conte will make keeping Kane a condition of staying so if Levy wants to keep Conte, he keeps Kane as well.
Levy won’t risk missing out on £60-80mish just to keep Conte happy. It was always ending tears between those two anyway.

FujiVice

If we're sold by the spring (which is the estimated time if you believe todays reports) by people with deep pockets, he's totally going to be someone they look at. What a statement.