Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was a quality goal. Sure you guys would take him doing that 10 times next season to get 1-0 wins from tight away games.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I wonder if this would have been good news for spurs fans or bad news.

Kane signs new contract means they can’t cash in to rebuild the squad with young players. On the other hand, they get to keep 30 years old of world class striker next season.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Every season since he hit the top you've been wondering when he's gonna drop off and at times (especially at the start of a season - August was never his friend and I do remember at the 2018 WC, he looked off the pace, last season too a lot of the time) but have people actually watched him this year?

I've seen a few Spurs games in full and lots of extended highlights and to me he looks more on it this season than he has done the last few. 29/30 is peak, not finished, and I think he's hitting that at the minute. Looks sharp, his hold up/link up play is fantastic and he's second top scorer in the league in a team that's misfiring.

Any signing is a risk and yes, it could go horribly wrong but if it goes right? We're more than quids in.

Chief123

I don’t see how Kane fits into what ETH wants to do. It’s pretty clear ETH wants all his forward players to have the ability to press high. Kane is far from good at pressing. I’m not sure the fact that he scores goals is enough. Ronaldo scored goals but wasn’t fancied by ETH because one of his weaknesses was his poor pressing. I don’t see ETH sacrificing his ideology just to accommodate one player. It’s not something you can just ignore when your whole philosophy is based on pressing and counter pressing. It’s not like you can have just your wingers doing it and not your ST.

croadyman

I don’t see how Kane fits into what ETH wants to do. It’s pretty clear ETH wants all his forward players to have the ability to press high. Kane is far from good at pressing. I’m not sure the fact that he scores goals is enough. Ronaldo scored goals but wasn’t fancied by ETH because one of his weaknesses was his poor pressing. I don’t see ETH sacrificing his ideology just to accommodate one player. It’s not something you can just ignore when your whole philosophy is based on pressing and counter pressing. It’s not like you can have just your wingers doing it and not your ST.
So who do you see as Erik's top target

Chief123

So who do you see as Erik's top target
If money was no object (we could argue that might be the case with new owners in the summer) then I think ETH would prefer to go with a younger and more mobile and dynamic striker than Kane. I’d guess he would have Osimhen and Sesko as a higher priority than Kane. Kane is probably the best option on the ball, but the worst option off it. We can see already from ETH’s interviews that he sees the game out of possession just as important as in possession. Hence why I think the aggregated attributes of in and out of possession are higher for the two I’ve mentioned than Kane.

croadyman

If money was no object (we could argue that might be the case with new owners in the summer) then I think ETH would prefer to go with a younger and more mobile and dynamic striker than Kane. I’d guess he would have Osimhen and Sesko as a higher priority than Kane. Kane is probably the best option on the ball, but the worst option off it. We can see already from ETH’s interviews that he sees the game out of possession just as important as in possession. Hence why I think the aggregated attributes of in and out of possession are higher for the two I’ve mentioned than Kane.
Problem with spending big is the new FFP rules

EtH

What has Sesko done to be considered in the conversation for Manchester bloody United ?

didz

What has Sesko done to be considered in the conversation for Manchester bloody United ?
I don't understand it either. A player who has already agreed a move to another club and has been pretty poor in the Austrian Bundesliga. He made sense last summer as a development option for £20m, but it makes no sense spending 3 times that when he's hasn't improved as a player.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

"We are a little bit behind where we want to be but tonight was important," said Kane, who played despite having an illness.

Does Kane honestly believe Spurs should be ahead of any of the top four teams? He's either good at pandering to the fans or genuinely deluded about Spurs' level. Leaning towards the latter given the current chatter about a new contract to 'succeed at Spurs'...

Mainoldo

"We are a little bit behind where we want to be but tonight was important," said Kane, who played despite having an illness.

Does Kane honestly believe Spurs should be ahead of any of the top four teams? He's either good at pandering to the fans or genuinely deluded about Spurs' level. Leaning towards the latter given the current chatter about a new contract to 'succeed at Spurs'...
I think he’s just playing the game. Once the window is closed he’ll iron out his objectives which will he unachievable for Spurs to match.

Zed 101

I can see Kane and Conte being gone before next season, not sure I would want the club to blow big money on Kane at this stage in his career, and could be a Ronaldo type issue as he continues to slow down

Cloud7

Not every player has the same motivations. Most might, but they all don't.

Perhaps Kane views staying a one club man at Spurs as more precious to him as a human rather than adding one or two league titles to his name at United or Bayern. There's nothing wrong with that. It's good to see players that are a bit different these days.

Yes, he tried to leave for City last summer but maybe he reassessed things after that didn't work out and decided at this stage of his career what is more important to him.

cyberman

Think that just suggests he doesn't care about Utd
No, it’s trophies. Spurs are at a low ebb under Conte now but he’ll sign a new contract regardless.
Kanes advisors and friends in the press like to leak out how he’s such a winner while he continues to enjoy his comfort zone winning nothing. It’s strange how United are thrown in here a few days ago yet days later they’re already having Kane turn his nose up at us. If our interest were true then we’d have got this answer right away.
But Kane is such a winner. Leaders mentality etc etc

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
No, it’s trophies. Spurs are at a low ebb under Conte now but he’ll sign a new contract regardless.
Kanes advisors and friends in the press like to leak out how he’s such a winner while he continues to enjoy his comfort zone winning nothing. It’s strange how United are thrown in here a few days ago yet days later they’re already having Kane turn his nose up at us. If our interest were true then we’d have got this answer right away.
But Kane is such a winner. Leaders mentality etc etc
No we wouldn't. There's no way Kane, a professional of the highest order, would de-rail the clubs season by declaring, mid season, that he wants out.

cyberman

No we wouldn't. There's no way Kane, a professional of the highest order, would de-rail the clubs season by declaring, mid season, that he wants out.
Derail what? Their fifth place position? The leak literally says he wants to stay. Why would that derail anything?

Doracle

This was Kane back in 2021:

"For sure, there’s a moment in my career where I have to reflect and see where I’m at and have a good honest conversation with the chairman and I hope we can have that conversation. I’m sure he’ll want to set out the plan of where he sees it but ultimately it’s going to be down to me and how I feel and what’s going to be best for me and in my career at this moment in time,”

Since then, Spurs haven’t developed at all and look likely to finish outside the top 4 this season, despite Kane himself having one of his best seasons so far.

Those are the words of someone who has no intention of staying at Spurs beyond his current contract. The only way I can see him staying is if Spurs can convince him they will spend City levels of money over the next couple of years and I don’t see that happening.

Syphon Wallet

Of course he's open to new contract talks, why wouldn't he be?
Doesnt mean he's close to signing.
The city move didn't work out for him, so I'm sure he will hedge his bets a bit more this time.

Negotiate a new contract, but drag it out and only sign if it looks like your not going to get a transfer, seems logical to me.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs

He said where we want to be, unless you think 5th is where he and Spurs want to be?

On the balance of play Spurs are deservedly behind Utd and Newcastle but going into the season most would have expected them to be above those two clubs, just as they were last season, so it's hardly deluded for him to be aiming to finish above them.

croadyman

I can see Kane and Conte being gone before next season, not sure I would want the club to blow big money on Kane at this stage in his career, and could be a Ronaldo type issue as he continues to slow down
Who should we sign then because Osimhen seems off the table too due to the pricetag

Zed 101

Who should we sign then because Osimhen seems off the table too due to the pricetag
Not saying we should not sign Kane but the price would have to be reasonable, I suspect Levy will still ask for £100m even though he will be 30 and have 1 year left on his contract, that seems to much I guess I would not feel comfortable if the club paid much over £50m, ok world class player will break all prem records but just not sure.... but then signing him at any cost just because who else is also not a great thing.

I trust ETH's judgement, TBH would love to see Kane in a Utd shirt, but then I guess I am a bit off put by players like Ronaldo, Sanchez etc... who have come too late, with too much money attached

Tapori

Not saying we should not sign Kane but the price would have to be reasonable, I suspect Levy will still ask for £100m even though he will be 30 and have 1 year left on his contract, that seems to much I guess I would not feel comfortable if the club paid much over £50m, ok world class player will break all prem records but just not sure.... but then signing him at any cost just because who else is also not a great thing.

I trust ETH's judgement, TBH would love to see Kane in a Utd shirt, but then I guess I am a bit off put by players like Ronaldo, Sanchez etc... who have come too late, with too much money attached
My biggest issue with Kane in this team would be that Ankle; which posters have drilled down into to allay some fears.
Then his lack of pace from 5 years ago; but then Sheringham excelled too and was far slower.
Finally, Ten Hag's style; Does Conte have him pressing enough to fit him in with Ten Hag's approach?

50-60m yes.
Anything more is dicey with Osimhen et al available at a younger age.