Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Orange Tree

Stop wasting time negotiating with Levy. If there is any indication Tottenham conceding to let him leave, then maybe.

I don't want this to be the next De Jong saga.
We still have other holes to plug.

Xaviboy

OK so Kane will need to hand in transfer request and play up if he wants to leave for us, not sure that will happen. Levy waste of time to negotiate with.

Let's hope this doesn't get dragged out for most of summer, move on and get another CF target in.

gajender

Spurs desperately need a Sports Director to stamp their authority on that club.
Sports Directors can't overrule people who employ them , if Levy wants to keep Kane then he stays unfortunately for Kane .

Tarrou

if we're leaking that then we're definitely trying and I think there's a good chance of it happening

I just can't see Levy turning down 80m for one year

gajender

OK so Kane will need to hand in transfer request and play up if he wants to leave for us, not sure that will happen. Levy waste of time to negotiate with.

Let's hope this doesn't get dragged out for most of summer, move on and get another CF target in.
Transfer request can't still force club to sell him and he tried acting up when City came calling ,
If Levy doesn't want to sell then let's just move on rather than waste our time .

cyberman

Sports Directors can't overrule people who employ them , if Levy wants to keep Kane then he stays unfortunately for Kane .
But they need to be given the scope to do their job for the benefit of the club. A Sports director being allowed to do their job would mean the chairman has ceded decisions over to him surely?
We seem to be the only club they can get a fee of off but we’re being treated as if we are Arsenal for some strange, vindictive reason

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Transfer request can't still force club to sell him and he tried acting up when City came calling ,
If Levy doesn't want to sell then let's just move on rather than waste our time .
Move on to who exactly? Osimhen will cost 120-150 million. Kolo Muani isn't at the level needed and there are major question marks over Vlahovic, assuming Juve would even sell him.

A transfer request from Kane will help this time because 2 years ago he had 3 years left on his contract and Levy held all the cards. Now he just has a year to go and letting him walk for free would be astonishingly dumb business. If Kane pushes for it, it will happen. Whether he does that is another story though.

James35

Levy is such a cnut. Napoli boss will be equally as cnuty. Benfica are also incredible at getting ridiculous fees. So does that rule out Kane, Osimhen and Ramos considering how rubbish we are at getting players?

Who would be obtainable and able to be bought in a timely manner to do pre season with the team?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I don’t think Levy wants to treat their best player ever like that. Especially with one year left on his contract, it’s just business at the end of the day.

I think he will sign a new contract and stays for the reminder of his career at Spurs. Maybe a year or two in the MLS later on but nothing else.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hypothetical question for those who think Kane is by far the best option.

Imagine we knew we could sign Kane for free next summer, to the point where we essentially have the deal agreed with him in this transfer window.

Would you prefer to see us tide ourselves over for a season with a younger/cheaper signing like Hojlund before adding Kane next year? Or commit ourselves completely to a different big money striker this summer and not sign Kane at all?

gajender

Move on to who exactly? Osimhen will cost 120-150 million. Kolo Muani isn't at the level needed and there are major question marks over Vlahovic, assuming Juve would even sell him.

A transfer request from Kane will help this time because 2 years ago he had 3 years left on his contract and Levy held all the cards. Now he just has a year to go and letting him walk for free would be astonishingly dumb business. If Kane pushes for it, it will happen. Whether he does that is another story though.
I hope it's just not Kane or Bust for United if Levy isn't ready to negotiate and let Kane walk out for free then there is feck all Kane or United could do , Unless Kane is ready to burn all the bridges with Spurs and use Webster ruling to buy himself out of his contract .

gajender

I don’t think Levy wants to treat their best player ever like that. Especially with one year left on his contract, it’s just business at the end of the day.

I think he will sign a new contract and stays for the reminder of his career at Spurs. Maybe a year or two in the MLS later on but nothing else.
It could very well play out as you have suggested won't surprise me at all.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Levy is such a cnut. Napoli boss will be equally as cnuty. Benfica are also incredible at getting ridiculous fees. So does that rule out Kane, Osimhen and Ramos considering how rubbish we are at getting players?

Who would be obtainable and able to be bought in a timely manner to do pre season with the team?
I think if we decide we want Ramos then that's probably a relatively straightforward deal. You basically know you'll be paying a Nunez-esque fee and Benfica will be a joy to deal with compared to Spurs/Napoli, probably two of the hardest teams we could try to buy from. It's still a lot of money, but in real terms it's still less than the other two options.

The question is at what point you move on from those trickier but (probably) better Kane/Osimhen pursuits.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

If they have no interest in selling thats fine, we move on. The stuff coming out in the press indicates that we are not going to make this a saga in any case.

Cloud7

I think he stays as well

wr8_utd

:'(
Levy isn't going to sell to anyone domestically and Osimhen is extremely overpriced. We're going to end up with a young striker and Neymar, imo.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Imagine we knew we could sign Kane for free next summer, to the point where we essentially have the deal agreed with him in this transfer window.

Would you prefer to see us tide ourselves over for a season with a younger/cheaper signing like Hojlund before adding Kane next year? Or commit ourselves completely to a different big money striker this summer and not sign Kane at all?
Not sign Kane at all if it's next summer. There is no logic to developing a younger CF( like Hojlund) for a year like and then dropping him for a couple of years and then try and make him the main man again once Kane slows down.

Either we try and make a real push for that title next season because our spine is players like Casemiro, Varane, Shaw and Bruno who in 2 years time will probably all be slowing down. That's why we need a CF who will guarantee 25 goals next season.

But if we can't get a guaranteed scorer then perhaps makes more sense to buy a younger CF, but then other signings should also be focused on replacing our spine in the coming 2-3 years, and aim for top 4 the next couple of years with a real title challenge once the younger players have matured. Of course, this is all high level planning because the players can't go into a season thinking top 4 is enough, but at a higher level, perhaps the club could adapt this strategy.

There's no point wasting prime years of players like Casemiro, Varane and Bruno by surrounding them with players who can't guarantee immediate success.

Doracle

Shame Levy's such a prick. He'll either sell to Madrid or lose him on free next year.
Levy has no ability to sell to Madrid unless Kane wants to go. The choices likely to be facing him are sell to an English club for circa £80m this summer or lose him for free to an English club next summer.

If he’s stupid enough to want more than an absolute max of £100m, then I’m content to let Spurs lose him for free next year. I doubt that is the case though. Levy will be very mindful that he looks like a complete fool if he turns down big money now and Kane turns up at Chelsea for free in 2024.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Unless Kane is desperate for the move and is willing to push, I don’t think we should waste too much time.

prateik

Spurs wont sell to Chelsea or Arsenal. City dont want him.
How many clubs can afford Kane? United, Newcastle?, Bayern (probably not because they wont spend that big), Madrid... maybe
I don't think he'll leave Spurs to go to Newcastle..

He has limited options.. If he wants a move, he has to push for it soon.. or he can stay on at Spurs.

If we are interested, we should set a deadline.. and let Kanes agent know.. if they can convince Levy to sell, great.. if not, move on.

croadyman

Yeah this is definitely going to come down whether he will push harder for the move this time

Brightonian

I know it sounds extreme but we need to plan to win the Premier League next season. The key parts of our existing side aren't young any more, it's a relatively mature set of players. Casemiro 31. Erikson 31. Varane 30. Shaw 27 and in his prime. Rashford 25 and in his prime. Bruno 28 and in his prime. We can't play to a three year plan, we need to play to a one-year-plan.

I'm not saying Kane is the only or best way to do this but he would be one way. Guaranteed PL star striker, no waiting.

croadyman

Spurs wont sell to Chelsea or Arsenal. City dont want him.
How many clubs can afford Kane? United, Newcastle?, Bayern (probably not because they wont spend that big), Madrid... maybe
I don't think he'll leave Spurs to go to Newcastle..

He has limited options.. If he wants a move, he has to push for it soon.. or he can stay on at Spurs.

If we are interested, we should set a deadline.. and let Kanes agent know.. if they can convince Levy to sell, great.. if not, move on.
Yeah definitely need to give ultimatum

Abraxas

Why is Levy a cnut?

It's reasonable to negotiate as and how you want for players you hold a contract for. Or not negotiate at all if that's his prerogative.

Players can't have it all ways. Willingly signing up for a long contract in order to take the benefits of security and increased financial rewards and then expecting clubs to do what the player wants at a time when the player sees fit isn't really an equitable position to hold.

Harry Kane also has a completely reasonable option to say to Spurs, well.. I'm not happy with this situation and now I'm going to leave for free rather than allow you to negotiate a deal that suits you. Nothing wrong with that either.

We just have to get on with it. No sense complaining about Levy or indeed getting into ridiculously protracted talks. It's really important we have various plans this window.

waza7111

Sign a youngster with potential and get him for free next year if he's still in good form.

James35

I think if we decide we want Ramos then that's probably a relatively straightforward deal. You basically know you'll be paying a Nunez-esque fee and Benfica will be a joy to deal with compared to Spurs/Napoli, probably two of the hardest teams we could try to buy from. It's still a lot of money, but in real terms it's still less than the other two options.

The question is at what point you move on from those trickier but (probably) better Kane/Osimhen pursuits.
Personally I’d prefer Kane whilst trying to get and agreement for Hojlund if possible, even if he stayed in Italy for next season.

Think Osimhen is a huge price and gamble and would take as long as Kane. Think both would have to ask to leave to speed it up although I’d still see them not being signed until close to end of the window which is not at all ideal for preparations.

I’d actually be happy with Ramos, if again, we didn’t faff all summer trying to sort a deal out and get him in for pre season.

All I know is we don’t get a top striker, along with a top midfielder, I don’t fancy our CL journey to last that long or for us to even get top 4 again next season once Liverpool and Chelsea no doubt improve.

PieCrust

Just lodge the bid early, and if Kane wants to come he'll have to force it. If he doesn't, the bid will be rejected and move on. No need to chase him all summer and overpay on the last day of the window with no guarantee Levy sells even then.

I'd love Kane at United, think he'd be brilliant. But no need for a fruitless summer saga. We have FDJ for that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I know it sounds extreme but we need to plan to win the Premier League next season. The key parts of our existing side aren't young any more, it's a relatively mature set of players. Casemiro 31. Erikson 31. Varane 30. Shaw 27 and in his prime. Rashford 25 and in his prime. Bruno 28 and in his prime. We can't play to a three year plan, we need to play to a one-year-plan.

I'm not saying Kane is the only or best way to do this but he would be one way. Guaranteed PL star striker, no waiting.
To win the PL next season means we need to compete with City. We need a better keeper than DDG because our keeper is nowhere near Ederson level especially given that top teams these day want to play from the back. We need to improve the squad depth of our midfield because they have Silva, KDB, Rodri, Gundogan, and Phillips. While we have McFred and Donny. The likes of Antony and Sancho must step their games because the likes of Foden or Grealish or Mahrez are just above them. It’s possible to add those players this summer but i don’t think we can add those players by spending more than 100m on Kane.