Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

I actually think it’s good that he didn’t come last season. Don’t think last season did anyone any good, in terms of performance, morale, growth or anything. This season, with a completely clean slate, is the perfect time for him to come in.
Yeah, possibly, or possibly last season wouldn't have been such a disaster if we'd had a competent back four. Difficult to know; I'm just glad to have it sorted now.

Teja

Vida vibes today. Rock solid, but surprised he's winning the MoM poll here.

dogwithabone

On that performance he is worth 80m

It will be VVD all over again with Slabhead. VVD looked ridiculously over priced at the time but a year later he’s the best defender in the world and looks the bargain of the century.

We’ve got a bargain.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What on earth did we just witness?

Chunk of hope

i loved the fact after the 3rd goal he joined the celebrations with what looked like a team talk for the lads, maybe Lindelof will learn from him, harry is without the best in the league with headers

Last edited:
Reactions: golden_blunder

DoomSlayer

An absolute colossus. Loved it when he basically mauled a couple of Chelsea players like they weren't even there.

Jambalaya

After years of Jones, Smaliing, Bailly we finally have a proper defender.

BaguetteBoy

Great start love after the first goal he was already barking orders not to get carried away. He will only get better the more games they play as a unit. Long may it last

Irrational.

Compare him on the ball to Bambi on Ice Smalling or QWOP man Jones. He's going to be great. Tuanzebe will also learn a lot from him. :drool:

Havak

Pokemon master
Hope he can maintain that kind of performance for us through the season! Totally proved me wrong about his level there, but obviously not going to get too carried away after one game against a lackluster Chelsea attack in real terms. Still, he's just slotted right into the team effortlessly.

dogwithabone

I just caught on screen that celebration he made when DDG made that save low down late on. Clenched his fists and raised his arms as though we’d scored. Keeping a clean sheet meant everything to him and that sort of infectious mentality will quickly spread through the team.

He will be fantastic for us.

Nick7

Good debut. Was mad seeing a player take charge and head well when the ball was in the air. We've been scared of high balls for a while now.

OverratedOpinion

He does feel like a captain. I personally don't feel the likes of Jones and Smalling are bad defenders, both of them just always seemed like they needed someone to take charge next to them. I think we will see a rise in the performance in all of our centre backs this year with a leader next to them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
MotM for me.

Calm, composed, positionally superb, won everything in the air and seems to be the perfect partner for Lindelof.

R'hllor

We should start shaming those who did not want him here. He’s absolute class. Our Defence is sorted.
Do you know reasons why they didnt want him here, i know mine for being a bit against, had nothing to do with his price tag nor with his qualities as defender.

Drifter

American
Nervous at the start, but grew into the game. Think MOTM is a little over the top .

Status
Not open for further replies.