Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We have to play deep to accommodate his slow turning and lack of recovery pace from him and Lindelof. Our whole team effort defensively has been generally good this season and whilst the defence didn't have any protection in those couple of games that McTominay was out, the shielding of our CB's hasn't been a general problem this season. Everyone runs back to protect the CB's and we almost always defend in numbers. They have not been overly exposed to the point it is unfair to use this season to evaluate their individual performances.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Misunderstanding on your part aside, the midfield this season has struggled to support/shield the centre backs IMO, particularly when McTominay is injured or struggles in a match.
Well, I asked you what makes you think that his post is relevant to Maguire’s recent performance against Sheffield & Aston Villa but not relevant to his overall performance in a season so far, and you can’t give an answer for it. Isn’t it obvious the post didn’t refer to the ones against Sheffield & Villa. Thus, why I wanted more explanation from the poster.

Regarding to McTominay’s injuries, he missed 2 games which not justified to reflect our midfield & defense this season, Pereira & Fred pair were disaster but they only played for 2 games as a pair. If there is many improvement as a team that we can take this season compared to last season, it will be our expected goal against is currently the highest one in the league, which thanks to our system, defense & midfield together.

If anything we lack in midfield are more creativity and cover for injuries not the lack of ability to shield the centre backs.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Will be "interesting" to see how he and Lindelof contain City fast attack.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's a very good player, who will go on to have a very good career at United.

Nickelodeon

I want him to show some leadership when we're stuck in way too deep. Like against Liverpool and Sheffield United.

Remember Rio and others pushing everyone forward after facing a dangerous attack or a set piece situation. No one is doing that for us anymore.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Maguire had some of his best games for Leicester against City. His performance there at the end of last season was a big reason that Pep finally decided to try and sign him.
That was the game that changed my opinion on him too. I was in "don't need him" side, after that game I was very much impressed.

A-man

Will be "interesting" to see how he and Lindelof contain City fast attack.
It will be a tough test considering City have averaged almost 3 goals per match. But so far the defence has been solid against at the best goal scorers and have only conceded one goal in 3 matches against the other best goal scoring teams (Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea).

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It will be a tough test considering City have averaged almost 3 goals per match. But so far the defence has been solid against at the best goal scorers and have only conceded one goal in 3 matches against the other best goal scoring teams (Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea).
True that. Although all of them were home games.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't think We need two ball playing CBs. Smalling would be a better partner for him than Lindelof, in my opinion.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maguire had some of his best games for Leicester against City. His performance there at the end of last season was a big reason that Pep finally decided to try and sign him.
Other then his cost, funnily the reason I was against his signing was how easy Rashford turned him around last time for his goal.

Redpimp

After some average games showed class today. But that Otamendi goal; he should have cleared that ball, Otamendi and Awb. He must be first on those balls
Agree! Thats Maguire ball. He should have cleared it. Big miss from him.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Another blunder from Maguire for their goal. The one thing he has is height but he still gets it wrong. The lad needs to know he's not undroppable.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I thought he was our worst player. Still a good game but some bad giveaways and I blame him for their goal.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Glad he wasn't provoked by Sterling to concede a penalty in the 2nd half. This could be a lot worse for him then.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Was he good for Leicester in oppo area? I thought that he will be our attacking weapon after corner kicks but he is either nowhere near to ball or makes a foul

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Had very good game, some very good interceptions. Him and Lindelof had very good game.

izec

He had one or two weird clearances, where he basically gifted them opportunities. That header to Jesus i think was hilarious, thankfully City didnt know what to do at times today.

UnitedChampionsAgain

De Gea should be collecting that corner with his eyes closed.
Most keepers would have but De Gea is a goal line keeper only, the defenders know this. No way Otamendi should have been allowed to run through Maguire and Bissaka anyway.

AFC NimbleThumb

We won so I shouldn’t be down but that Citeh goal really annoyed me.

He has to defend that better.

Classical Mechanic

So we are using him wrong then
Hard to tell. John Terry had seasons when he scored quite a few goals and then others where he scored very little. I think the sample is too small to draw conclusions currently. I think he should have had a couple of goals so far, he's missed two big chances that I can remember.

Yagami

Good post resistant
2 tackles
3 interceptions (joint second with McTominay, Rodrigo 1st)
10 clearances (1st)
4 defensive aerial duals won (joint second with McTominay, Shaw 1st!)

I love him!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hard to tell. John Terry had seasons when he scored quite a few goals and then others where he scored very little. I think the sample is too small to draw conclusions currently. I think he should have had a couple of goals so far, he's missed two big chances that I can remember.
I am not the manager and i know shit about it but i think that it is wrong to keep him 10m-11m from goal and do float crosses on him.

LoneStar

He had one or two weird clearances, where he basically gifted them opportunities. That header to Jesus i think was hilarious, thankfully City didnt know what to do at times today.
Yeah that was so weird. I thought they would score out of that for sure. Needs to calm down a bit and clear better in such situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.