Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Smalling fans unfortunately we have been vindicated. Fecking hell the only thing he is better than Smalling at is with ball but somehow I feel like he slows us down more.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never, ever wroth what we paid and it was clear. He's the captain for him odd reason, for just being here.

Worrying that Ole thought he was worth that price and sees him as his captain.

Hulme91

He's white and english, which makes him a natural leader and right type of character. Or something like that.
What has the colour of his skin got to with anything? Ashley Young is the club captain, Maguire fills in when he doesn't play

Based Adnan

It is because we have not trained any good moves to give him space. Also poor delivery too.
Mate you talk so much nonsense on here

Hardly poor delivery or "training good moves" whatever that is when he's heading straight to the keeper from 6 yards out

Alabaster Codify7

I'm close to done with him.

Nobody expected VVD. We expected an upgrade on the shitetips we have at CB for 80m.

He has been an incredible letdown so far like this club in general.

Siorac

I'm close to done with him.

Nobody expected VVD. We expected an upgrade on the shitetips we have at CB for 80m.

He has been an incredible letdown so far like this club in general.
Pretty much every signing we make turns shite eventually. We are a graveyard for players; it's the most depressing thing about the post-Fergie era.

Irwin99

We got rinsed for the price but i still think he will come good. Making him captain at this stage seems an odd choice too.

His passing has been a big let down.

Ricardo de la Vega

Symptomatic of our transfer policy really. Just buy the best player we can think of. Never mind having any sort of plan as to what type of player we need, or what statistical analysis tells us. Without a DOF thats the way it will be. Dan James is the only player in ages whose transfer actually makes sense. Maguire - like Rojo before him, bought off the back of a world cup at an inflated price, is a salutary warning.

Bobski

Smalling fans unfortunately we have been vindicated. Fecking hell the only thing he is better than Smalling at is with ball but somehow I feel like he slows us down more.
But looks composed doing it.

Strats

He cost an absolute fortune and I find Lindelof better than him. Ole and our board is inept

Romez

I still don’t have a problem with his signing in isolation but I don’t think CB was as big a priority as people were moaning about.

RB for example was a priority but I honestly think we’d be better off right now if we kept Smalling and used that £80m and spent it on a midfielder and forward.

BlueHaze

Have to be brutally honest but so far this is £80m flushed down the toilet. I won't give up on him yet but the only thing he has brought to the team is a little more comfort in defending set pieces/aerial challenges etc but his so called "ball playing" abilities that were supposed to be his main assets has been appaling. How many times have I seen this lad have 50 minutes to take a decision with absolutely no pressure on him and he lumps it up to a throw in for the other team. Or some other braindead play where he thinks he's Pirlo and tries to lump it up 50 yards and expect one of our forwards to be able to receive such an atrocious pass.

Doesn't help that he has Lindelöf to partner him. I would actually rather see a partnership of Smalling and Maguire although Tuanzebe Maguire will always be my first choice. I will give Harry the benefit of the doubt but so far it's been a disastrous signing considering the fee and the fact that it could have been spent elsewhere.

Skills

Snitch
He cost an absolute fortune and I find Lindelof better than him. Ole and our board is inept
If they said no to Ole (like they rightly did last summer to Mourinho), the fanbase would've been out for their heads again. They're in a no-win situation.

RedIan

Mixed bag today looked suspect first half but wasn’t alone. Got turned easily in the box as he got too close to the attacker. Played ok 2nd half pushing forward. Hes still our best centre half for me. Price tag wasn’t his doing.

Robbie Boy

I'm far from a Smalling fan but I always said I would rather keep Smalling than spunk money on Maguire. He was always just a ridiculously overrated English player who wasn't worth the money. Amazing what some ok World Cup performances can do. He had one good season at Leicester but he was totally meh last season. What the feck were we thinking.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So glad I’ve got the posting history defending Smalling. He’s miles better.

R'hllor

Why we got him now and not for Jose, imagine this was a thing during before we got him and right after.

El Jefe

I'm a big Maguire fan but so far he's been average for us. Is it down to tactics and coaching? I don't know but the value for money of his transfer is extremely low.

Doesn't help playing him with Lindelof but independent of that he still hasn't been as good as I expected.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Has he made us more solid at the back? No. Has he added any creativity in playing out from the back? No. Has he made us slower at the back? Yes, like a galloping carthorse at times. Our club sure knows how to throw 80 million around.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don’t think he’s the issue at all.

None of the midfield want the ball, nor do the full backs.

How many times does Luke Shaw pass the ball back to him and position himself so he can’t receive it back.
Are you serious?

After just 5 minutes Fred was literally screaming at him and waving his arms in frustration for not being passed the ball when wide open. At another point Matic literally stood inbetween him and Lindelof to try and get the ball off them. Maguire actually turned and looked at him with the ball and still ignored him.

Our midfield isn't great but Maguire's fecking about and poor passing definitely isn't on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.