Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
MoTM!

He did exactly what we expected him to do. Leadership. Arial dominance. Calmness under pressure. Comfortable with the ball to his feet. Well invested money. Six seven years of service and he’s a steal.

Cloud7

Do you know reasons why they didnt want him here, i know mine for being a bit against, had nothing to do with his price tag nor with his qualities as defender.
Was it the shape of his head?

izzydiggler

Good signs...forming a partnership with Lindelof would make such a difference from what we’ve had before.

KennyBurner

He is better than van dijk. Dont argue with me. best defender in the league right now. Ots a shame we dont have a complete team to maximize on his performances like Van dijk does. Yes we won 4-0 but it could have been 7 if we got our act together like he did from the start.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Think the difference above all else with him will probably be comfort and consistency - even if he's not necessarily brilliant in the long-term I see him being consistently good at the very least, which is something we've not had in over half a decade defensively.

We've had players who've fleeted in and out of form and who've sometimes looked very good, but who haven't been able to maintain even a decent level of play consistently. I imagine that'll change now with Maguire at the very least.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He is better than van dijk. Dont argue with me. best defender in the league right now. Ots a shame we dont have a complete team to maximize on his performances like Van dijk does. Yes we won 4-0 but it could have been 7 if we got our act together like he did from the start.
That's a bit premature, very solid player but VVD's streets ahead of him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brilliant performance and easily our best CB. He won everything in the air and also used his body strength on a number of occasions to nudge the Chelsea attackers into losing balance which resulted in us winning the ball.

Manny

Grammar Police
Does remind me of Rio. A class above, does enough, stays in control, not over the top etc...

Hopefully, he can go on to do that #5 shirt proud.

redpatron

i love his quick intelligent decision making, sense of urgency and reading of the game.When he heads a ball, its going towards another players direction or out of play nowhere near the opposition. When he clears it, he clears it. When the ball is in the air he attacks it, doesn't wait for it to come to him. The fact that he can stay up 1 on 1 without a tugging a shirt or wrestling someone to ground is a huge positive . He does everything Smalling does, but 10x better doesn't feck up and shite in his pants.

francobaresi

:lol: calm down lad

Kelly15

Loved that he was wearing the number 5. The way he glided around with the ball remided me of Rio. He just oozes class. I sure it was already said but he looks like captain material to me.

Al-T

Cost a heap but looked solid and composed. Hopefully he will build a solid partnership with Lindelof and stay fit. Plus with Obi Wan at RB, the defence looked better all round.

Then with Smalling and Tuanzebe as cover we'll be spared seeing Jones, Rojo and Bailley again.

Alabaster Codify7

Perfectly fine debut. Grew into the game and yes, I suspect he'll be captain by Christmas. Love his attitude and the aura he exudes, we should have signed him from Hull.

championo

Top Stalker
Great debut, and really liked his partnership with Lindelof!
The only area for Ole to focus on is on Shaw's side, when he is out of position, I saw Maguire moving too wide for my liking, but his "Stand your ground" style of defending is impressive.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
The only area for Ole to focus on is on Shaw's side, when he is out of position, I saw Maguire moving too wide for my liking, but his "Stand your ground" style of defending is impressive.
Yeah, there were few moments I didn't like as well, but let's take that as getting used to each other :D

Wheato

He was proper solid today. Him and AWB cleaned everything up. It's been a long time since I heard an Old Trafford crowd cheer for defenders playing well.

Omahahaha

He seems so comfortable, no signs of nerves in his game even though it was a debut.
Looking forward to see his partnership with Lindelöf develop.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Best CB performance by a United CB since the days of Rio and Vidic

If today was the standard then he'll have the same impact for us that VVD had for Liverpool

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Excellent debut but let's not get carried away. A players' worth cannot be decided on basis of one solitary game.

Status
Not open for further replies.