Player Agents: Triple S Sports
Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2025
Contract option: Option for a further year
Outfitter: Nike​

Last edited:

Mcking

He will likely stay with us till his retirement. That is if he doesn't flop like every other transfer we've made in six years. Hope he is in the team for Chelsea.

Andy_Cole

My only criticism is he seems too nice. We need some cnuts here.

Other than that I’m really excited.

Mercurial

Our future captain! What a boost, can't wait to see him vs Chelsea.

A-man

He will likely stay with us till his retirement. That is if he doesn't flop like every other transfer we've made in six years. Hope he is in the team for Chelsea.
It feels like a great fit for building a new United. But then again, I thought Sanchez was the perfect recruitment and money in the bank...

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
1.94cm. That’s pretty fecking tall, right?
Yes, I'm a tall guy and he's taller. It's very tall. So tall he will stick out on the pitch. Taller than most of the other players. TooTall would be a good nickname (Bonus point if you know the movie)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Now we need some players who can put some good balls to his head - Eriksen, Bruno - will take either of them.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
I’ll be dropping in periodically to see what you guys make of him.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
What do you make of him?
He’s physically impossibly and dominant in the air. He’s solid and will definitely head anything that comes into the box. If DDG lacks command of the box, then Harry will take command. He’s composed on the ball, sometimes takes the odd risk, which unfortunately he’ll get punished for as a defender. He’ll link play by stepping into the midfield, almost filling in the void of the anchor man.

I still believe you’ll need some defensive legs in front of him though. We were massively aided by Wilfred N’Didi and at times Pappy Mendy, as they both sat in from of that back four.

If Harry pushes into midfield, it helps drag the team forward 10 to 15 meters, however if he loses it, he’ll be out of position and you’re left with a gap at the back and space to run into behind. I wouldn’t be surprised if people exploited this by letting him have the ball and move forward. If you get turned over, you’ll be liable for the counter attack. OGS may counter this by dropping Matic in to cover.

He can be a little rash with his tackling at times, however I think that’s improved over the two years. He can be slow to turn and aiding to being a big man, he isn’t that agile. Again, that’s got better as he’s grown leaner whilst at Leicester. He can get caught out of position but this improved when he was paired with a more natural centre back in Evans, who could potentially talk him through a game whilst he was on the pitch.

One thing I see mentioned a lot on here is that he’s a “Leader”. He’s never come across like that for me.

Overall, I think you’ll signed a solid player for 6 to 7 years. He’ll pop up with 4 to 5 goals a season and I anticipate you’ll be fairly please with what you’ve got.

Reactions: Ødegaard

KennyBurner

Best Cb in the league. There is a reason he cost 80m. Van Dijk can learn a thing or two from him :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s physically impossibly and dominant in the air. He’s solid and will definitely head anything that comes into the box. If DDG lacks command of the box, then Harry will take command. He’s composed on the ball, sometimes takes the odd risk, which unfortunately he’ll get punished for as a defender. He’ll link play by stepping into the midfield, almost filling in the void of the anchor man.

I still believe you’ll need some defensive legs in front of him though. We were massively aided by Wilfred N’Didi and at times Pappy Mendy, as they both sat in from of that back four.

If Harry pushes into midfield, it helps drag the team forward 10 to 15 meters, however if he loses it, he’ll be out of position and you’re left with a gap at the back and space to run into behind. I wouldn’t be surprised if people exploited this by letting him have the ball and move forward. If you get turned over, you’ll be liable for the counter attack. OGS may counter this by dropping Matic in to cover.

He can be a little rash with his tackling at times, however I think that’s improved over the two years. He can be slow to turn and aiding to being a big man, he isn’t that agile. Again, that’s got better as he’s grown leaner whilst at Leicester. He can get caught out of position but this improved when he was paired with a more natural centre back in Evans, who could potentially talk him through a game whilst he was on the pitch.

One thing I see mentioned a lot on here is that he’s a “Leader”. He’s never come across like that for me.

Overall, I think you’ll signed a solid player for 6 to 7 years. He’ll pop up with 4 to 5 goals a season and I anticipate you’ll be fairly please with what you’ve got.
Needing Evans to talk him through a game? FFS.

BolehLand

Supports
Valencia
Look like a Carrick Signing for me. Not outstanding but a good servant, can not ask for more, but can not do much wrong either and he is English.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He needs a song which hopefully is not about his head!

Got no reason, to fear Aguero and Kane
Running round
Cos this season, we’ve got an actual defence
At our ground

He is the one you used to go
“if only he was a bit faster”
Harry Maguire
Harry Maguire

RedCurry

Needing Evans to talk him through a game? FFS.
Evans is an experienced veteran by now. He’s hardly the same player that left United years ago. He has played besides the likes of Vidic and Rio and learned from them. Of course he is capable of talking any defender through a game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had Preseason with Leicester, so good chance he might start against Chelsea.

Classical Mechanic

I have seen him play quite a lot for England and Leicester and I have to say that agree pretty much word for word with your assessment, including the leader thing. I do worry that we just don't have the midfield to complement him at the moment.

I think he's a great player to watch when on form which is not something you often say about a CB. I think that's why he wins so many player of the year awards at the sides he plays for.

Irwin99

Looking forward to seeing him. Think he'll hit the ground running.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Interestingly,
I have seen him play quite a lot for England and Leicester and I have to say that agree pretty much word for word with your assessment, including the leader thing. I do worry that we just don't have the midfield to complement him at the moment.

I think he's a great player to watch when on form which is not something you often say about a CB. I think that's why he wins so many player of the year awards at the sides he plays for.
Interestingly, Harry Maguire didn’t get it for us last season. Ricardo won both the Player of the Season and Players Player of the Season. How we’ve kept hold of him, i’ll never know.

Classical Mechanic

Interestingly,

Interestingly, Harry Maguire didn’t get it for us last season. Ricardo won both the Player of the Season and Players Player of the Season. How we’ve kept hold of him, i’ll never know.
I think he had a poor start to the season. The World Cup and fallout with Mourinho wanting him was a big thing for him and I think he had a hangover from it that affected his form.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Interestingly,

Don't think that many sides were looking for right backs this window. United, City and Everton did but the first two had their hearts set on Wan-Bissaka and Cancelo, while Everton's a sidewaysish move and probably wouldn't pay what you'd want for him.

Spurs need a right back but he'd be out of their price range and they seemed to have other priorities.

Guess there's PSG but they seem to be trying to get Semedo and another player from Barcelona in part exchange for Neymar.

Helps that Ricardo has four years left on his contract and financially you're pretty comfortable. Asking price would probably be £50m+ but there aren't many clubs who'd be willing to pay that for a fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.