Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Solid debut. He'll have to establish communication with Shaw as Shaw gets sucked in but at least Harry tales up good positions to cut out the inevitable crosses
That's a fairly standard thing for a any CB to establish. The other part of that equation is going to be needing a CM to drop in when Harry goes out wide.

It was interesting to watch Pogba start on the left and McTominay on the right, but then switch sides as the match went on. I think that had a lot to do with the LB situation.

Ban

During the celebration of the first goal I noticed his instructing the players and speaking to them like a leader and captain.

He will be great
That was great. Only a 1st game and he's already acting like a leader.

United Hobbit

Especially considering he wasnt involved in our pre season and has only trained with us for a few days thought he did very well today, it was a big game against a top 6 rival and him being a world record paid for a defender would have had added pressure on him.

He seemed to pair up nicely with Lindelof who probably drew confidence from having someone more established than his partners usually are, I think this in turn made De Gea more confident

Loved his tackle on Tammy Abraham that not only stopped them scoring but also lead to our second goal.

Also in his interview it looked like he admitted his fitness isnt quite there as he missed a few days good to see he is aware of that and will be working on it, I didn't notice him struggling but it's the sort of attitude I'd like to see.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Fantastic performance, I rated it 10/10. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Worth every penny.

Needham

I guess, if you analyse it, Harry combines the qualities of both those animals. He has the lithe sophistication and nimbleness of a ballerina, combined with the hard-nosed, ruthless thuggery of a bastard.

Sp00ks11

3/4 of the forum still think he is a waste of money and no better than Smalling? :lol:

Told you by Xmas he will be a fan favourite and captain.

Excellent start. Played well himself and instantly Lindelof looks more confident next to him.

klsv

His post-match interview as impressive as his performance on the pitch. Great attitude.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He was excellent. Not seen a defender dominate like that for us for a long time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hopefully a sign of things to come, he was imperious. Wan-Bissaka and Maguire have really improved us, I know it's early days but it's hard not to get excited.

knot_buzz

Amazing debut

With him and Wan i am now slowly losing that unnerving feeling when opposition have the ball.

mu4c_20le

Had a look at Chelsea forums and they are very upset that he got away with 'rugby tackling' Abraham for the second goal...right in front of Taylor

Patrick08

What a difference a ball playing CB makes. Calm on the ball, picking good passes from the back, suddenly you have confidence exuberating through the build up phases from behind.

sugar_kane

Early days of course but fairly certain he will be eventually seen as our best signing between 2014 and 2019

It’s very refreshing to see a new signing slot in so naturally and drastically improve a weak element of our starting 11

wr8_utd

:'(
This forum does love to go OTT whether it's with praise or criticism, doesn't it? :lol:
Thought he was very very good and will probably be our best defender but lets watch him for a couple of months before we decide he's a bargain/waste of money.

lex talionis

Outstanding performance. Not perfect, but outstanding. What a difference a top shelf CB makes.

I don’t know how much tue Glazers should have spent for Maguire, but I really don’t care.

RobbieBerns

Remember when we re-signed Pogba and we immediately knew during that game against Southampton that we had a revolutionary talent on our hands that would take the team to an entirely different level?

This performance gave me similar vibes in relation to what I think this back line will be able to achieve.

MattyB1986

Not only was that a great debut, but I love the guys demeanour. I don't care about fees, he was worth the money. We needed a commanding cb.

Foxbatt

any defence wll come under pressure with this midfield. With a better midfield the defenders will play better. Today he was rock solid but he is bound to make a mistake and I hope the fans are forgiving as he looks a top class defender who can be a handful at both ends of the pitch. Once we start to get our set-pieces right he will score too.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think Ole kept Young on as captain because it'll be easier to give the armband to Maguire next season. Just take it off Young, who is likely on his last contract. Easier to do than say taking it off De Gea.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Love how proactive he is. He doesn't wait for the ball to reach the attacker, reads the game and tries to win the ball before it reaches the attacker. As always his composure is very good. He will be a huge signing for us this season.

Also don't think he showed what he is capable of when in possession. I think his presence will help us even more against midtable teams who parks the bus.

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

Gave him a 10/10. Don't know if it was that good of a performance or if i was so desperate to have a great CD once again. Very good from him, long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.