Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp00ks11

Am I the only one here that want to wait a bit 5/10 games to call him the beast ?

Same goes for AWB.

Maguire is twice the player Jones is, but with such a weak midfield he will not be able to defend everything.

I hope that the overall defensive structure will be better than what we saw in the first half vs Chelsea with him as the main man, but I still need time to call him equal to VVD
Did you not watch him at Hull and Leicester or for England. The guy is a beast, just go to the Maguire thread before we signed him, I been banging the Maguire drum for at least 2 years. By Christmas people will be saying he was a bargain!

Shimo

I feel so scared for Maguire at the moment. He had a great first game and has got a lot of positive feedback on the back of it, the Merson u-turn especially. One not so great game and feel he is going to get absolutely slaughtered because of the price tag and expectation now.

People need to remain level headed. He may be amazing but, still needs time to gel with the team, of which there are still holes - so there will be bad goals given up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I fecking hate how intelligent Pogba comes in when he speaks, but does some inexplicably stupid things on the pitch. I feel he will benefit from Maguire behind him also. We need some more temperament in that back line and I think Harry will give us a boost.
Thankfully, he does a few pretty good things on the pitch too. This is how he has earned a reputation for being a top footballer.

Kostov

Thankfully, he does a few pretty good things on the pitch too. This is how he has earned a reputation for being a top footballer.
Absolutely, that is why he is our best player, but can't stop thinking that some of the stupid things he does can easily be avoided.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Absolutely, that is why he is our best player, but can't stop thinking that some of the stupid things he does can easily be avoided.
That’s fair, but you will be doing him a disservice, and denying yourself enjoyment if you focus more on what Pogba can’t do than the considerable that he can. I think a lot (not necessarily yourself) on this forum choose to spend far more time focusing on Pogba’s negatives, you would almost forget that this is a player who will walk into any team in the world. The way the talk of him ‘giving the ball away’ is rife on the forum for example, you’d be forgiven for not thinking he was fecking amazing on the ball.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Am I the only one here that want to wait a bit 5/10 games to call him the beast ?

Same goes for AWB.

Maguire is twice the player Jones is, but with such a weak midfield he will not be able to defend everything.

I hope that the overall defensive structure will be better than what we saw in the first half vs Chelsea with him as the main man, but I still need time to call him equal to VVD
As @Sp00ks11 said, a lot of us aren't rating him as high as we do based off a good debut; it's based off his time with Hull, Leicester and England, too.
I feel so scared for Maguire at the moment. He had a great first game and has got a lot of positive feedback on the back of it, the Merson u-turn especially. One not so great game and feel he is going to get absolutely slaughtered because of the price tag and expectation now.

People need to remain level headed. He may be amazing but, still needs time to gel with the team, of which there are still holes - so there will be bad goals given up.
He seems to have a good head on his shoulders with a top mentality so I wouldn't be worried. As one of his biggest fans I know they'll be bad moments here and there as, as you say, he's still fitting in, but overall I think he'll be excellent and, when he's not so excellent, I'll just be of the opinion that he'll bounce back pretty sharpish :D

Ed9

Anyone seen the article where it basically says Ole over money? That he snubbed City's 278k/week offer to play for 190k/week for his boyhood club. That sounds good for the obvious reasons.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

He’ll be fine. He’s performed consistently in the league for years now. He’s not a kid trying to prove himself. We know what he’s about.

We are not expecting Vidic performances every week. He has some good other defenders to fall back on during tougher days; Wan-B, Lindelof and Shaw and De Gea.

VJ1762

I mean, I am glad he came here, but apparently he is on 190k/week with us and City offered him 90k more. I am surprised he didn't go there. He would have got to play CL football and a guaranteed PL title. But the source is Daily Star, so I am not exactly sure if this is true.

Micky Targaryen

I mean, I am glad he came here, but apparently he is on 190k/week with us and City offered him 90k more. I am surprised he didn't go there. He would have got to play CL football and a guaranteed PL title. But the source is Daily Star, so I am not exactly sure if this is true.
Players who choose club over money is more of an exception these days. At the end of the day, football is still a short-lived career and money talks in the real world. We got very lucky that Maguire chose us over money, and it's a bonus that we should appreciate. 8 out of 10 players will choose the most attractive job offer IMO, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

That's if the article is true or not though.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Tonight should be a game to gauge how good he is or can be for us.

Wolves away last year was awful, both times - I remember Smalling having a nightmare, as well as all midfielders.

If he can shore up the defence, and step up into a more advanced position when building from the back it'll be a real testament to his ability and what he'll bring to the table.

Teffe

@VJ1762

But did City and Leicester agree on a transfer fee? He might have then accepted Citys offer as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolves 1:1 Man Utd

lsd

The Oracle
Horrible slow lumbering carthorse of a player . Said it when we bought him and it's true . Absolute waste of money

Zoo

Horrible slow lumbering carthorse of a player . Said it when we bought him and it's true . Absolute waste of money
Awful post. Try and judge him on his performance which was solid and very composed apart from one underhit pass.

Adamsk7

Class. His passing and control for a Defender is absolutely top drawer but what I loved most about him tonight was his positioning from their low crosses in to the box. Always seemed to be in just the right place to intercept.

lsd

The Oracle
Awful post. Try and judge him on his performance which was solid and very composed apart from one underhit pass.

Shape of him running back when they attacked late on . At least 5 Wolves players passed him with ease . He is just so utterly slow . 80 million for that is a joke . Terrible buy and nothing is going to change that no matter how much posters here want to believe it

Halal Jalal

Didn't VDV go nearly a whole season without getting dribbled past? Well, our world record fee CB just got sat on his arse by the Mexican Wolves striker. In the second match.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Excellent performance tonight. Didn’t get great MF protection at times in second half but led well throughout. We gave up almost no clear cut chances tonight. We are a much more solid unit than last season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You don't deserve to support United.
Incredible nonsense.

Crashoutcassius

Shape of him running back when they attacked late on . At least 5 Wolves players passed him with ease . He is just so utterly slow . 80 million for that is a joke . Terrible buy and nothing is going to change that no matter how much posters here want to believe it
haha

joedirt87

Shame he gave up the silly foul. did have one poor back pass to De Gea that could have gone horrible wrong. Eventually he will learn going to De Gea is the absolute last resort play. other than that though was fine.

A-man

Overall good but made some poor decisions. Looking very calm with the ball except the sloppy pass to DDG, but that stuff happens.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Translation:

I said he was a lumbering carthorse of a player, and despite him clearly playing well, I'm too stubborn to admit when I'm wrong.

A-man

Shame he gave up the silly foul. did have one poor back pass to De Gea that could have gone horrible wrong. Eventually he will learn going to De Gea is the absolute last resort play. other than that though was fine.
Don't agree. Think DDG's short passing gs with Maguire and Lindelof has been fine so far.

ravi2

No white text?
This is candidate for shittiest post of the year.

ParksLife81

One of our few positives. Great in possession and very good positioning. Wasnt at fault for the goal and even in the 15 minutes after the break when we went to pot he was the one trying to rally players so no idea where the negative comments are from.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has been very good addition to the team. Wins everything in the air and also can carry the ball forward.

worldinmotion66

He's improved us a great deal, but how much is quite difficult to judge because of the Matic effect.

AJ10

Decent performance, won nearly everything and passed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.