Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Sure but its a good resource if you understand how it works, its especially good for attacking players.
I agree it is a good source, even though some things can and should be questioned. The data is ok even though some definitions can be questioned and also the data collection sometimes. But that it will always be like that, so fine. It is more the overall score/ratings that comes from the data I question. First of all, does the data represent everything on the pitch? No, of course not. It does not include failed or successful offside traps/lines, communication, leadership, screening, etc. It does not include who you played against. And then in the end people have made the decisions of how much passing a ball 100 times should be worth compared to a goal.

acnumber9

If Watford wanted a more effective time wasting option than Ben Foster falling every time he got the ball they should’ve just give it to Maguire. Every fecking game he plays at walking pace and there’s no inspirational defending to make up for it. We’ve spent £80m on a downgrade. When he has done anything that has left you thinking that was outstanding defending there? Wank.

Kag

His defending was absolutely fine. The narrative is slowly been shifted, though, so good luck to him. The header at goal was poor, mind you.

Our central defenders will continue to get stick for as long as we don’t score goals, though. I’ve been saying this for years. It’s why Smalling has gone to Roma and instantly demonstrated that he’s a great defender. It only surprises the numpties.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was caught out of position so many times today — Wan-Bissaka saved him a few times. He's not bad when he has to actually block or tackle, but his complete lack of pace & poor positioning often expose us and our offside traps.

Also, when you successfully dribble past someone and yet the player you just successfully fooled manages to get to the ball faster than you, you should have a word with yourself.

Gloccamora

Not sure what's wrong with him but he is probably the slowest defender in the league. His passing is like Jones or Smalling esque.

Andersons Dietician

I wasn’t keen on us getting him, wouldn’t have even been in my top 5 but when we got him I was thinking ok at least he is solid, but generally he hasn’t been at the kinda low bar standard I had set. Feel like he has been outperformed by Lindelof and still feel like we need 2 CB’s.
Hopefully it’s just a bit of 1st season jitters or maybe the team being poor but he’s genuinely a big part of that being caught out of position all the time and poor passing.

Ekeke

He's been slightly better than Smalling last season overall, but obviously not good as Smalling this season

Not a great CB but still miles better than Lindelof

el3mel

He'll be viewed as a big waste of money few years from now unfortunately. Honestly very disappointed. I never thought he was 80m worthy but I expected a far better effect on our defense from him than what he had shown. Even with the ball in his feet he has been nothing marvelous. Honestly, looks a very average defender for me. Not bad, not great, just average. For 80m that's a shockingly poor business.

PoTMS

You just know the higher ups at the club thought he would have a Van Dijk affect paying all that money for him when it was painfully obvious to everyone he is not even in the same class. Madness that we had the option of Koulibaly and still went down the Maguire route.

Stadjer

When Shaw made that terrible pass in the first part of the game and Maguire had to accelerate to get it... he is soooo slow.

I think he is fine but he certainly isnt worth 80 mil or anywhere near the quality of Virgil van Dijk. I also dont believe Guardiola wanted him at City. Maguire with space behind him sounds like a quick striker his dream.

I wouldnt have been complaining if we kept Smalling and let Maguire stay in Leicester if we got a 80 mil midfielder or right winger instead.

izec

I thought he was fine, not 80m fine, but i dont think he is the issue people make him out to be. He is just playing in a very disjointed team all over the pitch with a keeper fluffing around behind him. I would like to see him under a new manager.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He holds on to the ball for WAY too long. We aren't great on the ball at the best if times, but the way he dawdles on it really hinders us big time.

Andersons Dietician

What do we think would have been a fair price for him? 35 mill?
How much was Mings? Add 5 mil. Genuinely gets caught out of position so much it’s infuriating. The worst thing is he’s not athletic enough to get back and tidy up his mistake like that glass hammer Jones used to do. Smalling probably still the best CB we own.

Thiagoal

Why are we using Maguire as our metronome? Everything seems to go through him. He is our new Paul Scholes. It is a joke.
I agree! We desperately need a proper midfielder than can dictate the play! We may as well have gone for David Luiz if we wanted a play making centre back! Would actually be better off with 75. Million in the bank!

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I agree! We desperately need a proper midfielder than can dictate the play! We may as well have gone for David Luiz if we wanted a play making centre back! Would actually be better off with 75. Million in the bank!
That terrifying moment when you realise you’ve spent 80m on a ball playing CB who can’t actually pass the ball

He really is an absolutely terrible player for the money

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He was never gonna live up to the fee, but he's not been anywhere near good enough. Not just his fault, but not blameless either. I read somewhere the team hasn't kept a clean sheet in 13 straight league games! Apparently you have to go all the way back to the 60's for a worse streak.

BainthaBrakk

He's been slightly better than Smalling last season overall, but obviously not good as Smalling this season

Not a great CB but still miles better than Lindelof
He is a bit slow, but neither Lindelof or Maguire is the problem. Neither was Smalling to be honest. Put your energy elsewhere maybe?

Fluctuation0161

That terrifying moment when you realise you’ve spent 80m on a ball playing CB who can’t actually pass the ball

He really is an absolutely terrible player for the money
He'll turn out to be a good buy I think.

We are just asking too much from him. He is the least of our problems. Look at Lingards lack of everything. Look at Rashford's inconsistent finishing. Weak midfield without Pogba puts more pressure on Maguire.

He was poor today and obviously we knew he was never an 80m player, but let's not overreact. Hes been a good influence and as a defensive unit we are far better and more organised than we have been for years. Most of our goals come from daft individual mistakes.

Red00012

Not an €80 mill player ever .

Should have scored at the other end too but fecked it up again not for the 1st time

lRed

Should have won his header on the attempt leading to de Gea's fault.
And I can't explain myself why he scored so many goals for Leicester but keeps misses any chance he has with us, this club also ruins talent players they had.

I hope he will find again his form ( eg Chelsea first game).

peridigm

Should have won his header on the attempt leading to de Gea's fault.
And I can't explain myself why he scored so many goals for Leicester but keeps misses any chance he has with us, this club also ruins talent players they had.

I hope he will find again his form ( eg Chelsea first game).
He should not have given the ball away that lead to Watford's chance that lead to his header, that lead to DDG's fault. I keep thinking about this passage of play. We had a free kick which he took short to Fred. Fred gives is back, Maguire passes to Shaw, Shaw looks left but then passes back, Maguire passes to DDG, DDG passes back, Maguire now under pressure boots it up field but it takes deflection and results in a throw in for Watford. Watford was pressing in area we gave them the chance which they ultimately scored from.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Seems he's playing with the shackles on massively. He can spray the ball about, or travel forward with it at his best, and we haven't really seen much of it at all so far.

Centre back is still crucial for us in the summer, but finding the right player is tricky as it's not certain if they'll be partnering Lindelof or Maguire.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he was utter garbage.

I swear to god our scouts were just lazy bastards this summer... Deciding we had to spend £80m on him and there was no other alternative? Give me a break

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I didn't understand why we paid so much for him in the summer I'm even more baffled by the transfer now. He's a good all round defender, not great. Which is tragic considering what we paid so much for him.

Eddy_JukeZ

We should petition to the FA to let us use 2 balls during a game.

1 for the team and then 1 for Maguire himself.

He loves to hold onto the ball for so long without doing anything.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'd take the fee out of the equation...but even then it's really difficult to look at him in any positive way at all. I think he's probably at present the worst of all the shite signings we've made post Ferguson.

Defensively he is below average and his pace and reaction times mean even if his actual defending was faultless, you'd have to seriously debate whether that's enough of an offset to stop him being a potential liability.

On the ball he offers nothing at all yet persists with literally just ball hogging, roaming miles out of position, trying to walk through opposition players etc. If someone with Paul Scholes ability was doing this you'd want them to knock it off. Maguire is closer to Smalling or Fellaini than he is to Scholes...I'm not even sure if that's more insulting to him or to Fellaini/Smalling. His passing is atrocious. He doesn't seem to have any understanding of what his job actually is.

The cold and alarming fact is that his performances help the opposition attack more than our defence, and the opposition defence more than our attack. No coincidence that without him Leicester can mysteriously attack and defend more effectively.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought he was utter garbage.

I swear to god our scouts were just lazy bastards this summer... Deciding we had to spend £80m on him and there was no other alternative? Give me a break
Can't blame the scouts on this one. Marcel Bout from my understanding vetoed Mourinho's move for him last season which Woodward agreed upon. So Ole signed him and AWB to change the culture in the dressing room which Woodward bought into.

Castia

He’s been average at best so far. He actually won a header from a corner today though so we have progress.

Its scary just how slow he is, must be one of the slowest players in the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.