Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Complete waste of money. Kept saying, put the £80M into midfield. Smalling is much better than him, sorry.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's an £80 million pound testament to shit scouting.

A painfully average defender who can be absolutely woeful at times, with today being exhibit A.

And to top it off he's also fecking useless in the opposition box.

The most expensive defender in the world... He's not even one of the best defenders in the league.

el3mel

He's terrible.

One annoying thing is he pushes forward doing feck all and then takes ages to go back to his position once we lose the ball thanks to how slow he's so why the feck he pushes forward to start with ?

For 80m with these abilities it's shame but he turned out to be a total waste of money. Way too slow and will be hard to build anything upon for the future. Any pacey player easily exposes him.

AshRK

Our most passive player. He is not only slow with his feet but also with his brain. Fred/matic have ample space and he just waits and waits and passes to shaw. He has been doing that for a long time now. Pathetic performance

TsuWave

There has to be some sort of consumer/buyer protection laws that allow for a refund.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In all honesty I think he's awful, what a waste of money, so ponderous on the ball and has 0 awareness.

mewnew11

Our most passive player. He is not only slow with his feet but also with his brain. Fred/matic have ample space and he just waits and waits and passes to shaw. He has been doing that for a long time now. Pathetic performance
It's so frustrating. Does it 9 times out of 10

Stadjer

He did show commitment and dedication to show up at work while still having a hang over from celebrating NYE.

Maybe he was still a bit drunk... because he was really bad today.

Eddy_JukeZ

Shouting (ALL CAPS)
Serious question: How is HE THE CAPTAIN?

What has he done/shown to be given the captaincy in his 1ST SEASON AT THE CLUB?

Such a waste of money. HE TAKES AGES on the ball. He's horrific. Only we could spend 80 million on a defender and that defender isn't world class.

dev1l

We watched a different game mate. In The game I watched Fred was continously surrounded by 3 or 4 Arsenal players while Matic was hiding.
We have to replace Matic fast.

acnumber9

Highlight of the game was definitely when he stood for ten seconds thinking about what to do with the ball and then just kicked it out of play. Aside from that his defending was a shambles.

ShinjiNinja26

Poor tonight simple as that, had he scored that chance just before half time it could’ve been a different game considering how poor Arsenal were second half.

mu4c_20le

When he bombed down the pitch he looked like a 50+ ex legend in a charity match

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I dont think he was that bad today. Not by any means good, but not as bad as some of you guys have him out to be. I think some rest could do wonders for him.

Lindelöf, on the other hand, has improved alot if you compare to the beginning of the season. If I remember correctly he did that last year too after a horrific start?

Kostur

海尔的老板

Such a waste of money. HE TAKES AGES on the ball. He's horrific. Only we could spend 80 million on a defender and that defender isn't world class.
Because Lingard was one just a couple of games ago. It seems like it's some kind of a fecking contest in picking the biggest clown to lead this circus. Ronald McDonald must be rubbing has hands as we speak.

Thiagoal

I’m seriously pissed off that he’s captain! Been in the team for four months; played pretty averagely yet gets given the arm band? Just shows how much we’re lacking any leadership in the group

el3mel

A bigger problem is we'll never be able to get half of what we paid for him in the future whenever a new manager comes and decides to play a high lineup thus inevitably benching Maguire for good.

Bwuk

I don’t think he’s the issue at all.

None of the midfield want the ball, nor do the full backs.

How many times does Luke Shaw pass the ball back to him and position himself so he can’t receive it back.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm sorry, but to pay this much for this guy shows what clowns you have in charge. I know jack shit about football I said this transfer was a joke before it happened. Anyone with a brain knew he was overpriced. £80 million, Christ.

Ekeke

Some people wanted us to pay £80 million for him. Including our manager

Never seemed like a decent idea

mu4c_20le

How many times does Luke Shaw pass the ball back to him and position himself so he can’t receive it back.
Ok, what about the part where he got spun around like a top.

Lindelof was better than him today, actually bailed us out a few times and just as composed on the ball if not more

Based Adnan

His inability to score clear chances from set pieces is infuriating. I thought that was supposed to be one of his strengths?

Fussmeister

Agree, and it doesnt help that Matic and Fred
blocks all the passing lanes and takes the space for him and lindelöf

Artorias

I’m seriously pissed off that he’s captain! Been in the team for four months; played pretty averagely yet gets given the arm band? Just shows how much we’re lacking any leadership in the group
Agree. No merits to be the captain. I'm starting to hate him more than Pogba. At least Pogba is a marketing asset.

mu4c_20le

I was never convinced and i remember the main justification at the time was that we'd finally see the end of Smalling!

el3mel

His inability to score clear chances from set pieces is infuriating. I thought that was supposed to be one of his strengths?
Yep. I'm not Smalling biggest fan at all but he used to get few goals out of these, 4 goals or so each season. Maguire is useless in them even with that height and big head he has.

LJJT

Centre mid didn’t protect the back 4 today. He’s not fantastic but he’s best centre back we’ve had for a while and best one at the club. He’s also available every game which is a miracle for us. Thought he was all over the place today though the whole back 4 was atrocious. But I think that’s linked to the huge spaces out centre mids gave arsenal

Skills

Snitch

He's white and english, which makes him a natural leader and right type of character. Or something like that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Honestly, why the feck is he so shit with his head? He puts zero direction or thought into his heading... He just puts his massive dumb head on the thing, seemingly without any attempt to direct it anywhere.

It's getting to the point where I can't stand him... Half because he's naff, and half because of what he represents for his this club operates.

I'd rather have Lewis Feckin Dunk...at least he'd score a bloody goal.

Paul_Scholes18

If you got infinite money it might not sound too bad, but we did not go for midfielders and strikers that we needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.