Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

He was very good today, when he won a few crushing challenges he must have felt 10 feet tall. The squad has a lot of good things going for it, it's just a matter of getting them all on the same wavelength.

PaulScholes99

Last 3 games he was absolutely class. Of course against Tranmere you expect him, but against City and Wolves he really impressed me. If he had scored his chance today it would have been a perfect game, he dealt so good with Wolves attack.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Quality was never in doubt. If we bring in more players of his quality, and, by some miracle, become a cohesive team instead of relying on individual quality, his fee will have been good value.

Not that I have a problem with the fee anyway. I'm delighted we payed it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah he was great again.

This is why he was getting criticism earlier... if you contrast the performances over the last two games between previous ones its night and day.

Looks like he's cutting out the stupid shit and becoming more aware of danger. Still dawdles on the ball a bit unnecessarily, but that also might go in time.

Jeffthered

He is our best defender, but some considerable distance, and is, in my opinion, our second best outfield footballer, aside from Pogba, because he is also very influential on the pitch. He's captain, after hald a season.. what does that tell you about the others in our squad!!

Harry Maguire has had to arrive at a massive club, and has had to 'hit the ground' running as it were. Who does he have around him to rely on, and I ask that both defensively and otherwise? I have been quite alarmed by some of the criticism he has received on here.. he's carrying that defence, and is a major, major player for us, probably far more than I (and probably himself...) are comfortable with. He isn't perfect, who is... but he's one of the best in the country, and what a player he would be if he had a decent player alongside him. Can you imagine playing alongside Shaw, Bissaka, Fred and Lindeholf?? How fragile are they?

I would like him to be able to rest a few games, but I cannot see that happening. We paid over the odds for him, but I am glad he is at the club. He can make us a better team, and could not described as an average player. He'll start scoring soon, for sure, because he regularly has chances.

ParksLife81

Just hope that in Ole's overhaul or the club's if Ole goes they have earmarked a centre back. I actually rate Linderof but if we are aiming to get back to top 4 and dare I say challenging for the title he can't be anything more than a back up to Maguire and another centre back. Obviously Koulibaly is the player we seem most linked to, though haven't seen enough of him yet.

Be interesting who he pairs in the summer at the Euros. Stones and Maguire doesn't inspire confidence but Gomez and Maguire has the makings of a good partnership. Even Mings and Maguire could work well. If it is Gomez and they play well together we should look for a player of that ilk. Quick, very tidy and a smart reader of the game.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Love it Harry... That's what I want to fecking see you big headed bastard.

Should have been sent off mind you, but give a shit

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Really improving and now adding a goal. Very happy. needs to keep it up!

Bobski

Far better in a 3, can read the play, avoid being pulled wide where he struggles and be more of a free defender.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good, very proactive in stopping the attacks, stepped up and passed the ball well. Beautiful header too, glad he scored his first PL goal for us.

TsuWave

Seemed to enjoy playing with Bailly.

Could have gotten a dickhead red card. Great goal.

DocRockter

The kick was reaction to the guy falling on to him, there's no way he'd risk a red card in that situation.

A real captain!

cyberman

He had no reason to kick him on the balls, he obviously thought he was going to getjumped on but it looks bad all the same.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Could have been sent off, but it was clearly an instinctive defensive reaction. Good header, finally!

Paul_Scholes18

Very good performance. Hope he can keep them up!
The break seem to have done our team much good :).

RedDevilRoshi

He had a good game, he scored a good header but why he took the risk off getting a red card... i dont get it.
This. Very lucky to have stayed on when you consider Son got sent off for something similar against Rudiger.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Is retrospective action still a thing? Or has VAR ended that?

The more I see it, the more stupid it is.

OverratedOpinion

I have been very critical but that was an excellent performance. I think personally I sometimes panic when new signings take time to bed in despite seeing again and again that you should never judge the first few months.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great defending, lovely header, and maybe I’m biased but I don’t think it was a red, I think they got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.