Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
And then was purring like a Rolls Royce after
He didn't have much else to do. I don't like it when a defender falls over when you need them to be strong. Could've been a key moment at that stage.
Thankfully it didn't matter.

RedDevilRoshi

Dodgy opening few minutes but other than that, him & Bailly weren’t really troubled and pretty much strolled through the game. He’s very good at coming out with the ball. Something he does really well.

RedIan

Love watching him storm forward with the ball into attack, thats how i remember him in his early days when he caught my eye playing for Hull.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He proper cocked up that moment where you expect someone like him to show them who's boss.
That was very surprising from Maguire, actually it was very Lindelof-esque.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It was never a penalty in my opinion. The player dived down as soon as he was touched. Maybe if he stayed on his feet and Maguire actually held him back and he went down but its easy to see why VAR didn't call it.
Yeah I don't think it was, but wouldn't have been shocked if VAR called it. You could compare it to the Ramos red card yesterday... hand on the shoulder and Jesus goes flying.

Sea-Cow

Very disappointed in him in the first 15 minutes or so. He is so lucky to escape giving a pen, and a possible red, when he blatantly grabs the guys leg. He just has to be stronger and better there in dealing with a simple hoof upfield. Bailey wasn't blameless there either of course, but still. I want my captain / leader / CB to be better there.

Then to make it worse he followed it up with an embarrassing dive when he made his marauding run forward.

Just.... come on man. Vidic wouldn't do that. And we need him to be Vidic.

Sea-Cow

It was never a penalty in my opinion. The player dived down as soon as he was touched. Maybe if he stayed on his feet and Maguire actually held him back and he went down but its easy to see why VAR didn't call it.
Really? I agree with you that his grab on the leg in no way actually stopped the guy's movement, and if he wanted to he could have easily brushed that off and kept going instead of throwing himself to the ground.

But yellows are given all the time, outside the box, for the slightest grab of an arm or shoulder if the ref thinks you are attempting to stop a break. I think if the ref or VAR called it we could have no complaints.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He pretty much single-handedly deals with every corner we face. Brilliant

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Without him we easily loose that game

MOTM for old slabhead

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fantastic. Felt so bad with that dodgy deflection but thank god for VAR

marktan

It's nice to have a commanding CB. We haven't had one since Rio and Vida. The thing with CB's is, if one is top-class, the other one gets elevated too. We saw that when Evans, Smalling, Jones etc were paired with Rio or Vida.

Hephaestus

Was sceptical when we signed him but he's really won me over, god he was good today.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Absolutely fantastic display. Very dominant and it felt like he was a one man defence at times.

el3mel

Was rock solid today. Dealt with all their set pieces and dominated his box. Magnificent performance.

kiristao

One of his best performances for United. Good in the air and getting the ball out of defense as well.

AshRK

That was his best performance defensively. He has been really good in last month or so.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He proved his class today.

We haven't been put under pressure very often this season, but we certainly did today. Maguire stepped up and marshaled the defense like a pro.

The best defensive display by a United player since Vidic and Rio were in their pomp.

The_Midfielder

Amazing today.. Everton's corners were really good .. but he handled all of them pretty good ..

A-man

Think he was very good today and won many crucial headers at corners. My MOTM. However he climbed his opponent and used his arms too much at times and it was close to penalty sometimes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant today. Been brilliant since the turn of the year and very good in general all season.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yes, cause that's how it works.
Absolutely it does. Part of the game is influencing the officials. This is explicit in sports like cricket, but in football you need to do it too. If De Gea and Maguire passively accept the goal, then the video refereeing views the incident completely differently.

RedIan

What a performance 2nd half. I shit it every time Everton got a corner which felt like every 2 minutes but harry cleared them time and again. MOTM for me.

spiriticon

No corner kick will get past this guy.

Baines > Maguire has gotta be the top combo for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.