Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

@Fracture90

Your list of players in the same bracket or ahead of Maguire is looking more lopsided every week. Rudiger, Sanchez, Sokratis all full or errors. The Spurs back line looks like a cheese grater.
Your disagreeing with my subjective list will somehow make Maguire any less of a traffic cone that's equally as error prone as some of them?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's been worth every penny, a huge reason why we've made steps forward this year.

That header to start the counter was immense. Things like that never get mentioned in goals but it was difference between it scrambling around in our box or scoring at the other end.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very pleased with him. In PL football, a large part of central defending is literally heading the ball. It’s massively important, and he does that so well. I’d love to see him alongside another aerially dominant defender. A Smalling with better passing ability would be fantastic.

FujiVice

Maguire and Bruno are natural leaders. Mouthy cnuts, not intimidated by the badge, but wants to live up to the standards the badge set. Ole should be commended for bringing in the likes of those two. What I love about Harry Maguire is, he doesnt hide. He'll bring that ball out, he'll take a risk. He's got a big set of balls on him.

I do hope we got for another defender, though. Maguire has his faults like every defender has, so would love to see someone accentuate his positives alongside him.

Paul_Scholes18

His lack of pace is a concern if we want to play more expansive football with higher pressing.
Defending deep he is maybe the best defender in the league at the moment.

0le

He's been worth every penny, a huge reason why we've made steps forward this year.

That header to start the counter was immense. Things like that never get mentioned in goals but it was difference between it scrambling around in our box or scoring at the other end.
Good point.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Maguire and Bruno are natural leaders. Mouthy cnuts, not intimidated by the badge, but wants to live up to the standards the badge set. Ole should be commended for bringing in the likes of those two. What I love about Harry Maguire is, he doesnt hide. He'll bring that ball out, he'll take a risk. He's got a big set of balls on him.

I do hope we got for another defender, though. Maguire has his faults like every defender has, so would love to see someone accentuate his positives alongside him.
Agreed. United have desperately needed players with this type of attidude and determination. Both were perfect corenerstones for the rebuild. Neither are scared of a damn thing.

TheReligion

Abusive
Mate you continue blowing smoke up Maguire's arse if you're inclined to do so, i really don't mind.
Being critical of your list isn't blowing smoke up anyone's ring piece. I just don't understand how anyone with a pair of fully functioning eyes can compare Maguire to Lovren, Sokratis et al.

Fracture90

Being critical of your list isn't blowing smoke up anyone's ring piece. I just don't understand how anyone with a pair of fully functioning eyes can compare Maguire to Lovren, Sokratis et al.
But it is though, because you keep pushing the issue. If not you wouldn't be coming back to me all the time regarding the CB's i rate to be better than him.

I don't rate him as highly as you do, and honestly from what I've seen very few people outside UTD fans rate him that highly. But as i said you can continue blowing smoke up his arse all you want and believe that he's amongst the very best, that's the beauty of having an opinion.

TheReligion

Abusive
But it is though, because you keep pushing the issue. If not you wouldn't be coming back to me all the time regarding the CB's i rate to be better than him.

I don't rate him as highly as you do, and honestly from what I've seen very few people outside UTD fans rate him that highly. But as i said you can continue blowing smoke up his arse all you want and believe that he's amongst the very best, that's the beauty of having an opinion.
I'm not sure why you keep going on about smoke blowing and arses. You're getting pulled on the ridiculous comparisons you made. I don't think you and I have discussed my opinion on Maguire's strengths and weaknesses or what he brings to this team. I just find it terribly short sighted, and totally misinformed, that you compare him to a whole host of players that are weaker than him in that position.

It would be perhaps better to explain why you consider Sanchez, Lovren, Sokratis, Rudiger, Otamendi, Stones, Diop etc to be better than Maguire then it would be possible to engage with you on the topic properly. Instead it feels like you're just trying to be controversial for no reason.

Fracture90

I'm not sure why you keep going on about smoke blowing and arses. You're getting pulled on the ridiculous comparisons you made. I don't think you and I have discussed my opinion on Maguire's strengths and weaknesses or what he brings to this team. I just find it terribly short sighted, and totally misinformed, that you compare him to a whole host of players that are weaker than him in that position.

It would be perhaps better to explain why you consider Sanchez, Lovren, Sokratis, Rudiger, Otamendi, Stones, Diop etc to be better than Maguire then it would be possible to engage with you on the topic properly. Instead it feels like you're just trying to be controversial for no reason.
The fact that you're constantly coming back and forcing the issue is as if you're personally invested in this beyond simply being an UTD fan.

People will have opinions that won't always align with your own, so i suggest you better make piece with that for your own sake.

Also i see you continue your own unhealthy practice of arguing with your own imagined arguments of what you'd want people to have said.

TheReligion

Abusive
The fact that you're constantly coming back and forcing the issue is as if you're personally invested in this beyond simply being an UTD fan.

People will have opinions that won't always align with your own, so i suggest you better make piece with that for your own sake.

Also i see you continue your own unhealthy practice of arguing with your own imagined arguments of what you'd want people to have said.
Again. Side stepping the question. Further adds to my suspicion you're making such comments to be controversial as opposed to be honestly wanting to engage in discussion about the subject. Shame really. And this is why you're being called on it.

Fracture90

Again. Side stepping the question. Further adds to my suspicion you're making such comments to be controversial as opposed to be honestly wanting to engage in discussion about the subject. Shame really. And this is why you're being called on it.
Nah mate, if a serious discussion ever was your intention, then your opener wouldn't be a petty remark with which you started yesterday.

Besides you would have done it the day one, but instead you in your typical manner started adding your own words and tried to sell them as mine, on which i called you out that ended in your subsequent disappearance.

Only for you to resurface yesterday with that cheap attempt at getting my reaction.

TheReligion

Abusive
Nah mate, if a serious discussion ever was your intention, then your opener wouldn't be a petty remark with which you started yesterday.

Besides you would have done it the day one, but instead you in your typical manner started adding your own words and tried to sell them as mine, on which i called you out that ended in your subsequent disappearance.

Only for you to resurface yesterday with that cheap attempt at getting my reaction.
You're the one that made the statement so you're the one that should be called to back it up. That's how a forum works really. Otherwise you'll be accused of being provocative or on the WUM. So I'll ask again; what are the weaknesses and strengths of Maguire in your opinion and how do they compare to the list of players you mentioned in the PL that are better than him?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He's grown on me a bit since he signed. Still obviously a long, long way from being an £85m player, but he doesn't look the complete liability I feared he would.

Ollie Derbyshire

He’s done well but still needs a pacey partner next to him to get the most out of his attributes. One reason I prefer Bailey when fit over Lindelof

Fracture90

You're the one that made the statement so you're the one that should be called to back it up. That's how a forum works really. Otherwise you'll be accused of being provocative or on the WUM. So I'll ask again; what are the weaknesses and strengths of Maguire in your opinion and how do they compare to the list of players you mentioned in the PL that are better than him?
Honestly i find it interesting that only now you're insisting on me explaining myself, like i owe it to you or something, after you disappeared when i called you out on adding your own words and trying to sell them as mine. Sense of entitlement much?

As i said if you were really interested in me explaining as to why i don't rate him as much you could have just asked that the first time we spoke, yet after unsuccessful arguing with your own words you disappeared.

Only to come back with yesterday's petty remark. Were you meditating on it these past few days? Must've stayed pretty deep in your mind pretty deep if you've returned to it after a few days.

TheReligion

Abusive
Honestly i find it interesting that only now you're insisting on me explaining myself, like i owe it to you or something, after you disappeared when i called you out on adding your own words and trying to sell them as mine. Sense of entitlement much?

As i said if you were really interested in me explaining as to why i don't rate him as much you could have just asked that the first time we spoke, yet after unsuccessful arguing with your own words you disappeared.

Only to come back with yesterday's petty remark. Were you meditating on it these past few days? Must've stayed pretty deep in your mind pretty deep if you've returned to it after a few days.
Right. Anyway after all the diversionary tactics are you still unwilling to explain your opinion? If so we will leave it here as I can't be bothered wasting any more time on it. Have the conviction to back up what you say in the future though otherwise you will look like a troll.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
He's got the personality of a leader, but sadly, I don't think he has the skills of a top defender. Sure our other defenders make mistakes ever so often but the two most glaring errors I can think of from recent history are Harry's ridiculously slow turn against Spurs that led to a goal, and him getting nutmegged for the goal we conceded today. Don't know if that's selective memory on my part but I don't see him being the answer to our defensive frailty. Can't really upgrade this summer on our record defensive signing either so I guess we're going to have to hope he comes good soon.

Mindhunter

The nutmeg really doesn't look good on him. He seems to be playing for a completely different team right now. We thought we were getting a version of VVD when we bought him but he isn't that at all.

A-man

Big fan, but first half today was really really bad. His positioning was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.