Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wonder if United were right about those 'fat genes' because I'm sure he was a lot more athletic only a year ago. He looks to have filled out a fair bit and become really cumbersome.
He's always been cumbersome and maybe even more so now. Just as slow as Maguire and not great aerially.

ShinjiNinja26

Interesting stat for Sunday.

Some achievement. Granted he’s looked a bit shaky at times since the restart but there’s no doubt he’s improved us at the back. When you think what we’ve had there in recent years he’s much better just have to find him a partner with pace that’s the area where he’s found lacking. Not to sound to Brendan like but he’s showed great character stepping up to Utd and taking on the captains armband after just walking in the door. Hope he finally fires a bullet header past Leicester on Sunday, preferably the winner. :devil:

El-Manos

A previous poster summed it up perfectly this week. He hasn't been bad but he hasn't exactly lifted our defence like we all hoped he would. He's our best defender and he is reliable, as proven by above stat. But that shouldn't be the standard at United in all fairness. I hope he pushes on next season and becomes a proper leader.

Web of Bissaka

Interesting stat for Sunday.

Wow!!!!! Thank you for being a reliable fit CB <--- our highest risk department.

Fergie love to rotate even in league games, plus there're also injuries. A bit surprise Rio didn't manage to break the record first. He was usually injury-free, card-free and our must-play player before Rio-Vidic era. After winning the titles mathematically, we usually play with 2nd strings late season league games.

Post-SAF, we don't have players that are totally injury-free until now. Surprise Blind didn't break this record under LVG's 2nd season, and Matic in Mou's two full seasons unless suspensions, could swear both of them play all games/season. Both managers also kept on switching players around, cannot settle on best 11.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Could really re-write his heading ability narrative with a goal today. He should really be close to double-digits this season, that Newcastle miss is still staggering.

Khadaad

If we press them and their out ball to Vardy isn't in space, Maguire is going to have an easy time. If they press us, I do hope we try and play a long ball behind them from time to time rather than playing out from the back every single time.

Hopefully, we stop Perez from getting the ball between the defense and Matic because neither Maguire nor Lindelof are catching Vardy if there is a ball behind.

Reactions: Sultan

Deery

Dreary
Going to put my money where my mouth is an say he’ll rise to the challenge today and put in a captain’s performance.

kundalini

Booked early on for stupid challenge and looked a nervous wreck at times. Rescued by Matic after an extraordinary error in the first half. Stupid challenge conceded free-kick in dangerous territory late on.

redshaw

Not a good game but overall he's made us stronger and pleased for him his move was redeemed in the end, was looking a dodgy move at the start but his old team are 5th now and we're playing CL footy next season

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Matic and Lindelof bailed him today. Not bad performance but he was shaky from the start.
He just wants to do more than he is his job. He must realise that he is not Beckenbauer.

Tony247

Genuinely thought he was going to get himslef sent off. Lindelof did double duty today.

OleBoiii

Norwegian football experts and pundits put him in their PL team of the season.

He's the only United player that made it, although Bruno was close.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is it just me or does Harry not excel at pretty much anything. I don't think I could say what his best attribute is.

James Peril

Norwegian football experts and pundits put him in their PL team of the season.

He's the only United player that made it, although Bruno was close.
It’s obviously silly that he’s included in any such team, but it also shows the shocking level of defenders in the Premier League this season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why? We only conceded 3 more goals than Liverpool, the best defensive team. And that's despite DDG having played his arguably worst season yet.
Remove DDGs errors that directly lead to goals and we'd we level.

saivet

Why? We only conceded 3 more goals than Liverpool, the best defensive team. And that's despite DDG having played his arguably worst season yet.
Has Maguire even been our best defender? I certainly don't think so.

LJJT

His fitness and dependability are his strongest assets. His post lockdown form concerns me but his fitness has played a key part in our season. I am concerned he and AWB have serious limitations however

Redlyn

So his biggest attribute is his ability to stay fit....I'll take it after dealing with Jones, smalling, rojo and Bailly for many seasons.

saivet

I think so.

He's definitely been our best CB, though. That's what matters the most in this case.
I think Lindelof has been more consistent and overall better than him, though Maguire has had better one off performances.

Wal2Fra

Considering he's played every minute I'd say he undoubtedly excels at staying fit, being in shape and not getting injured.

And obviously he's fecking brilliant in the air.
Brilliant in the air defensivley, but could have had 3 goals in the past few games and has missed many headers throughout the season on the attacking front, which I think has been a big let down.

I know as a CB it is not his role to score but one of his strengths that were talked about coming into the team was his ability to get on the end of set pieces. Most of the time he didn't even challenge the keeper.

FattyFooty

I think Lindelof has been more consistent and overall better than him, though Maguire has had better one off performances.
No offence.

But, there are more to football than 1 vs 1 situations.

I find it almost disturbing how people who have seen this team with and without him, can't tell the difference.

Anyways get used to him. He's here to stay. And that's awesome!

saivet

No offence.

But, there are more to football than 1 vs 1 situations.

I find it almost disturbing how people who have seen this team with and without him, can't tell the difference.

Anyways get used to him. He's here to stay. And that's awesome!
I never mentioned 1 on 1 defending and I never said he hasn't made a difference, I just don't think he has clearly been our best defender.

mu4c_20le

I actually think it's the exact opposite.. when Maguire makes a rare mistake it's usually magnified because of his price tag. When Lindelof does it people are like typical lindelof. If we go by recency bias then I can see how people could say Lindelof had a better season

Status
Not open for further replies.