Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

If the exchange with Rashford is true, then it shows how he's viewed inside the squad. Rashford deserved bollocking for acting line Cristiano Ronaldo and walking back to onside, instead he tells Maguire to feck off. :lol:

Show some balls Harry and smack the shit out of him.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He was shaky once again last night, he will need to improve for sunday.
WTF are you talking about? Is the agenda against Maguire so bad that in order for him to get any credit at all he has to have an absolutely perfect game where our opponent gets no chances at all? I still can't believe that he still gets shite from some fans even when we keep clean sheets. Unbelievable...

Roboc7

His tendency to drop too deep and play opposition onside isn’t going to be fixed by any amount of money spent on a CB to play alongside him. Nearly cost us the point at end of the game but got away with it.

Adcuth

If the exchange with Rashford is true, then it shows how he's viewed inside the squad. Rashford deserved bollocking for acting line Cristiano Ronaldo and walking back to onside, instead he tells Maguire to feck off. :lol:

He wouldn't have done that to Keane

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
If Maguire dug Rashford out, is that what people questioning his captaincy hoped for from him? Let's be honest, Rashford needed telling last night and surely there should be some support for Maguire.

Kostov

WTF are you talking about? Is the agenda against Maguire so bad that in order for him to get any credit at all he has to have an absolutely perfect game where our opponent gets no chances at all? I still can't believe that he still gets shite from some fans even when we keep clean sheets. Unbelievable...
You missed my point, he obviously isn’t respected enough since Rashford speaks to him like that. Harry should have bollocked him and put Rashford in his place for acting the big shot.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don’t think a player should call the captain a fecking nob head and tell him to feck off, kind of hints of a feck it attitude from rashford if quotes are true and that he hasn’t got real respect for him. Wonder how many others feel this way and if it’s a problem.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I don’t think a player should call the captain a fecking nob head and tell him to feck off, kind of hints of a feck it attitude from rashford if quotes are true and that he hasn’t got real respect for him. Wonder how many others feel this way and if it’s a problem.
Why would he when after most games we lose Maguire never takes responsibility and always blames our forwards. He has never said we didn't defend well, its always we had chances but didn't score.

What do you mean if it’s true? Didn’t you see the video? :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Why would he when after most games we lose Maguire never takes responsibility and always blames our forwards. He has never said we didn't defend well, its always we had chances but didn't score.
I know respect is earned. I’m not sure you’re right why but it’s a shame Maguire hasn’t got it

Robbie Boy

We got absolutely fecking rinsed by Leicester. If he were at any of our rivals, he would be absolutely slated on here and rated by no one. I've never taken to him, he's just there.

edgecutter

He, like many others are under performing and while I agree that he was a massive waste of money surely we should be questioning what's going on in Carrington. Far too many players are below par and it can't just be the players are 'poor'. Maguire has played well for Hull and Leicester before coming to us and was sought after by many big clubs, surely the structure of what are trying to do in the pitch has to be questioned.

acnumber9

If Maguire dug Rashford out, is that what people questioning his captaincy hoped for from him? Let's be honest, Rashford needed telling last night and surely there should be some support for Maguire.
Maguire has a cheek telling anyone to get back onside when he fecks up every attacking free kick we have by ending up offside.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Maguire has a cheek telling anyone to get back onside when he fecks up every attacking free kick we have by ending up offside.
Be honest, if that was Keane shouting last night you'd say that was being a good captain. Rashfords performance was unacceptable last night and he needed telling. I get this feeling that Maguire can't win at the moment, and maybe he never will.

acnumber9

Be honest, if that was Keane shouting last night you'd say that was being a good captain. Rashfords performance was unacceptable last night and he needed telling. I get this feeling that Maguire can't win at the moment, and maybe he never will.
Telling somebody to be onside after one of his shite passes that he’d no hope of getting anyway? Had it been Roy Keane he may have played a decent pass rather than humping the ball in the general direction of somebody coming back from an offside position. Maybe if he’s shown a tenth of what Keane did, I’d be more willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

Roboc7

Anyone who’s played football must have played with someone like Maguire, lecturing someone about offside one minute then playing their forwards onside himself the next.

I think there’s not really anything wrong with what either player did, just type of thing that happens during games.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

You're really comparing Keane to Maguire, really? One was a maniacal inspirational winner and leader, the other has won less trophies than Rashford himself, whilst being the most expensive defender in the history of football.

He'sRaldo

You're really comparing Keane to Maguire, really? One was a maniacal inspirational winner and leader, the other has won less trophies than Rashford himself, whilst being the most expensive defender in the history of football.
This Maguire captain situation is just a real mess.

Hulme91

The geezer can't win with certain sections of the fanbase clearly
Similar to the overreaction towards Pogba, every loss is his fault... every goal conceded is due to him... all of our problems lie at his feet etc etc

DoomSlayer

This Maguire captain situation is just a real mess.
It's probably one of the worst transfers ever, in my opinion. The guy has no leadership, no aura, no world class talent. Absolute shambles.

People claiming that he has made our defense better are delusional. We have reverted back to parking the bus or playing zombie football because our defense can't handle it, just look at how slow the ball is recycled in our own half, it's infuriating.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Anyone who’s played football must have played with someone like Maguire, lecturing someone about offside one minute then playing their forwards inside himself the next.

I think there’s not really anything wrong with what either player did, just type of thing that happens during games.
I once played with a guy who was always critical of everyone. Then one day I rolled the ball across the six yard box only for him to blast it over the bar.

He had the cheek to complain about my technique in passing him the ball. I said, fair enough but you just missed an open goal and put it over the bar from six yards out so I never want to hear you fecking talk about anyone's technique again.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You missed my point, he obviously isn’t respected enough since Rashford speaks to him like that. Harry should have bollocked him and put Rashford in his place for acting the big shot.
If that's your point then why say "he was shaky". Like I said, drop the agenda...

acnumber9

Anyone who’s played football must have played with someone like Maguire, lecturing someone about offside one minute then playing their forwards inside himself the next.

There isn’t really. Not sure why it’s a big deal at all.

Hellboy

The geezer can't win with certain sections of the fanbase clearly
Similar to the overreaction towards Pogba, every loss is his fault... every goal conceded is due to him... all of our problems lie at his feet etc etc
He can‘t win because he‘s shite. I‘d have Wes Brown or Silvestre over slabhead

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So he should accept being sworn at? Sure because he is captain Rashford should allow him to speak to him how he wants. I'm afraid it doesn't work like that and captain has to earn his players respect to be able to speak to them like that else you get what happened yesterday.

This is why its best to have a captain who is one of the best/or more consistent performers because they would command respect from their team mates.

Renegade

So he should accept being sworn at? Sure because he is captain Rashford should allow him to speak to him how he wants. I'm afraid it doesn't work like that and captain has to earn his players respect to be able to speak to them like that else you get what happened yesterday.

This is why its best to have a captain who is one of the best/or more consistent performers because they would command respect from their team mates.
I kind of agree as this is partially why Moyes failed here. A non winner managing champions.
I hate the idea of Maguire being captain but at the time, Jan 2020. We really had no options.

Status
Not open for further replies.