Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

This just shows that players don't treat him as a captain at all. He's holding the armband but that's about it for them. No respect for him whatsoever in that regard from the players.

Last edited:

Eternitiy

It is uncomfortable, I think, for the other players when a guy who just came to the club becomes its captain in his first season. It's not like he's this renowned veteran in his 30s whose had success at other clubs, either.

I think Shaw should be our captain. Our best player, one of our longest serving players, still only 25, and well respected in the dressing room, it seems. He also leads by example on the pitch and gives positive interviews, unlike others who are always making excuses.

el3mel

It is uncomfortable, I think, for the other players when a guy who just came to the club becomes its captain in his first season. It's not like he's this renowned veteran in his 30s whose had success at other clubs, either.

I think Shaw should be our captain. Our best player, one of our longest serving players, still only 25, and well respected in the dressing room, it seems. He also leads by example on the pitch and gives positive interviews, unlike others who are always making excuses.
To be honest Rashford deserved to be called out. He has been so lazy and arrogant on the pitch currently. Maguire was right to call him out to back trach. The fact that Rashford responded this way shows that players don't respect him at all and he's not a leader for them. Forget Keane, I can't imagine Rashford saying this to Evra and getting away with it. This sums his "captaincy" state in the dressing room, the armband but nothing more about it.

Kostov

It also speaks volumes about themselves imo. Most of them are absolute spineless cowards. As someone already pointed out, there's Bruno and Shaw, with McT maybe if he improves and cements his place as a starter. Everybody else doesn't have an ounce of leadership.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
It also speaks volumes about themselves imo. Most of them are absolute spineless cowards. As someone already pointed out, there's Bruno and Shaw, with McT maybe if he improves and cements his place as a starter. Everybody else doesn't have an ounce of leadership.
Wasn't long ago Bruno had a word with Lindelof and they locked horns. I think the manager needs to get on top of these situations and nip them in the bud.

Andersons Dietician

You missed my point, he obviously isn’t respected enough since Rashford speaks to him like that. Harry should have bollocked him and put Rashford in his place for acting the big shot.
That is just general football chat, it happens. People saying things like keane wouldn’t have had that of course he would of and that’s how Keano would have wanted it. Rashford clearly knows he’s playing turd and is frustrated with his own performance. It’s just what happens.

Maguire was right to call him out on it and I hope he’s been doing way more of it over the season.We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe Maguire grabbed him by the throat, pinned him against the wall and told him not to speak to him like that ever again or else. Maybe Rashford apologised of his own accord after the game to Harry and said he shouldn’t have spoken to him like that.

Most likely as soon as they stepped off the pitch it was forgotten about.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
To be honest Rashford deserved to be called out. He has been so lazy and arrogant on the pitch currently. Maguire was right to call him out to back trach. The fact that Rashford responded this way shows that players don't respect him at all and he's not a leader for them. Forget Keane, I can't imagine Rashford saying this to Evra and getting away with it. This sums his "captaincy" state in the dressing room, the armband but nothing more about it.
Either that, or he's been playing through some injury.

On Maguire, I'd find it hard to respect a former Leicester and Sheffield United player who became captain in his first season, much less someone who continually makes silly mistakes in games.

He's no captain. Doesn't have the ability nor the personality.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This just shows that players don't treat him as a captain at all. He's holding the armband but that's about it for them. No respect for him whatsoever in that regard from the players.
I can only assume your never played football and been wound up in the heat of the moment. Do you really think any of our entitled players would be afraid to answer back to Bruno or anyone else in the same way?

Ole90+3

Shaw is one of the least vocal players in the team on observation. I don't think he'd even want to be captain.

GueRed

the hysteria by snowflake kids on twitter because a couple of teammates swearing at each other :lol:, like its never happened before on a football pitch.

fecking fannies they've probably never played a game of football or been to a live football game before.

I LOVE it

The Schmeichel. v. Bruce .v. Pallister ones are up there as my favourite verbal rollickings between our players.

Phil Neville telling Keane to feck off at sunderland away 2002 was a good one too! :lol:

Classical Mechanic

I can only assume your never played football and been wound up in the heat of the moment. Do you really think any of our entitled players would be afraid to answer back to Bruno or anyone else in the same way?
People started calling for Bruno to be captain because he started having a go at a couple of his teammates on the pitch. Lindelof squared up to him on one occasion in the EL semi-final. People seem to have selective memories.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
the hysteria by snowflake kids on twitter because a couple of teammates swearing at each other :lol:, like its never happened before on a football pitch.

fecking fannies they've probably never played a game of football or been to a live football game before.

I LOVE it

The Schmeichel. v. Bruce .v. Pallister ones are up there as my favourite verbal rollickings between our players.

Phil Neville telling Keane to feck off at sunderland away 2002 was a good one too! :lol:
It's totally normal, I don't see how it says anything about the relationship between Maguire and Rashford, or any other player?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

I LOVE it

100% find it proper weird people care.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So he should accept being sworn at? Sure because he is captain Rashford should allow him to speak to him how he wants. I'm afraid it doesn't work like that and captain has to earn his players respect to be able to speak to them like that else you get what happened yesterday.

This is why its best to have a captain who is one of the best/or more consistent performers because they would command respect from their team mates.
You are missing something here. He should accept that he made mistake for not staying onside. That was what Maguire was pissed at Rashford about and we are all upset for Rashford to keep stay in offside position anyway. Maguire was right, Rashford had no reason to just stay static, lazy and being in offside position when the team needs a goal to score, if he’s tired then get off the pitch ask for subs. If he doesn’t realise his mistake then he’s a stubborn one.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ever since his incident at Greece he's not the same. Maybe Hermes took one of his souls or something.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You are missing something here. He should accept that he made mistake for not staying onside. That was what Maguire was pissed at Rashford about and we are all upset for Rashford to keep stay in offside position anyway. Maguire was right, Rashford had no reason to just stay static, lazy and being in offside position when the team needs a goal to score, if he’s tired then get off the pitch ask for subs. If he doesn’t realise his mistake then he’s a stubborn one.
Except being overplayed and through a serious injury at that.

Regardless the main point was if Maguire was respected Rashford doesnt react that way.

el3mel

People started calling for Bruno to be captain because he started having a go at a couple of his teammates on the pitch. Lindelof squared up to him on one occasion in the EL semi-final. People seem to have selective memories.
Calling your captain "knobhead" in front of everyone is crossing the line.

Cast5

Teammates argue on a football pitch, completely normal and happens all the time. Doesn’t mean you don’t respect each other, have any of you kicked a ball?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Except being overplayed and through a serious injury at that.

Regardless the main point was if Maguire was respected Rashford doesnt react that way.
Maguire has nothing to do with Rashford being overplayed, if you are injured and being lazy to run back into onside position then tell the coach to come off. Maguire has right to get upset at Rashford which counter your own argument about rashford shouldn’t allow Maguire to speak to him how he wants. Because in reality he has valid reason.

Players swearing each other is normal even in Sunday league football. Player yelling to other players due to the player making mistakes is also normal.

Rashford doesn’t respect Maguire then that’s his own problem. If you think this is disrespectful then let me tell you something this doesn’t happen to Maguire alone, Bruno did the same thing to Matic vs Everton and Matic pushed him off. Your logic doesn’t apply to Bruno either means doesn’t apply to anyone right now.

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

Calling your captain "knobhead" in front of everyone is crossing the line.
It’s not exactly a grave insult in England. There’s a curious asymmetry when people were literally called for Bruno to be captain when him calling out his team mates on the pitch elicited a physical push back against him but when Maguire elicits a low grade insult in return he’s actually deemed unsuitable to be captain because of it.

GueRed

He wouldn't have done that to Keane
I've seen loads of players snap back at Keane...sometimes with just as much vitriol.

did i care? not a jot

competitive sportmens shouts swear words at each other shocker.

get a grip snowflakes

Cassidy

Maguire has nothing to do with Rashford being overplayed, if you are injured and being lazy to run back into onside position then tell the coach to come off. Maguire has right to get upset at Rashford which counter your own argument about rashford shouldn’t allow Maguire to speak to him how he wants. Because in reality he has valid reason.

Players swearing each other is normal even in Sunday league football. Player yelling to other players due to the player making mistakes is also normal.

Rashford doesn’t respect Maguire then that’s his own problem. If you think this is disrespectful then let me tell you something this doesn’t happen to Maguire alone, Bruno did the same thing to Matic vs Everton and Matic pushed him off. Your logic doesn’t apply to Bruno either means doesn’t apply to anyone right now.
Don’t get your point re Matic/Bruno. Unless you believe all our team get along (we know full well they do not) dressing room division has been documented plenty.

I also think its naive to think everyone was/is onboard with Maguire as captain, especially given the timing of when he was made captain, the summer and his overall form

A-man

It’s not exactly a grave insult in England. There’s a curious asymmetry when people were literally called for Bruno to be captain when him calling out his team mates on the pitch elicited a physical push back against him but when Maguire elicits a low grade insult in return he’s actually deemed unsuitable to be captain because of it.
People saw what they wanted to see. When Bruno was yelling at his team mates he was a future captain. When anybody else does that, he is an idiot. Even when Bruno played blame game with his team mates in an after-match interview, he was seen as captain material.

Maguire is not a perfect captain. I don’t really see anybody in the team who has the attributes I want for a captain.

it’s ridiculous that do many people dig forensically into these tiny things.

firstly it means nothing, secondly you are right, people search for evidence to support their opinion - and so similar incidents are viewed through different lenses.

does anyone think that footballers don’t have a go/ or a dig from time to time?

or that any Of them care?

only fans on forums seem to care... god knows why.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Not the first time it's happened between the 2. Remember when Martial was sent off against Spurs and Rashford was having a go at the ref that Lamela had the first dig and Maquire was telling him to calm down that the ref was right because it was checked by VAR?

Small incidents can have lasting effects. If a player feels his captain isn't going to stick up for him then respect could be lost if it was ever there in the first place.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People just have their favourites suppose. If giving their man Bruno the captaincy would stop him giving shocking performances like Wednesday I'm all for it.

el3mel

But Bruno isn't the captain though, is he ? Maguire is, and as such should be respected from his teammates when he gives instructions or screams at them.

Maguire was right to call Rashford out as a leader. The problem is Rashford responding in such manner instead of saying "ok" because he definitely had to backtrack. The fact that his response was "What the feck should I do ? Feck off knobhead" is ridiculous. He didn't just swear and insult Maguire, he also refused to do what was asked from him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Don’t get your point re Matic/Bruno. Unless you believe all our team get along (we know full well they do not) dressing room division has been documented plenty.

I also think its naive to think everyone was/is onboard with Maguire as captain, especially given the timing of when he was made captain, the summer and his overall form
Bruno did the same thing to Matic like Maguire to Rashford. Matic also reacted the similar way like Rashford. Bruno is more and one of top consistent one among everyone so your logic of being best captain choice and command respect doesn’t apply to someone who is our top consistent player and more consistent player than Maguire like Bruno.

You are naive if you think swearing to each other is not normal in football.

Cassidy

Bruno did the same thing to Matic like Maguire to Rashford. Matic also reacted the similar way like Rashford. Bruno is more and one of top consistent one among everyone so your logic of being best captain choice and command respect doesn’t apply to someone who is our top consistent player and more consistent player than Maguire like Bruno.

You are naive if you think swearing to each other is not normal in football.
And a major reason Matic plays less, I'm sure you can figure out the rest since there is more than one component to respecting someone on the pitch

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
And a major reason Matic plays less, I'm sure you can figure out the rest since there is more than one component to respecting someone on the pitch
Why is it relevant? Playing less doesn’t give a right for Matic to act the same way as rashford.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
When he shouted "Rashford youre fking offside" man i wanted to slap his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.