Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

If that margin is the size of the Grand Canyon then I'd agree. He's miles ahead of anyone post Vidic/Rio in my book.
Agreed, and that's coming from a guy who was a fan of Smalling during his one really good season under LVG and a Stockholm Syndrome victim of his for another season or so after that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'd guess that a lot of his detractors were vocal about Bruno being captain after his first few weeks at the club. A lot of them allowed their Bruno fanboyism to back them into a corner and couldn't bring themselves to admit that he's a very good defender and a good captain.
Maguire did have an absolutely dreadful start to the season. Combination of no pre-season and wrecked head from Greek saga probably. He’s been seriously good since then. Definitely one of the best CBs in the league this season overall (how long has it been since we could say that about one of our players?!)

SAF is the GOAT

First analysis says that he'll be missing the last 4 league games and the medical team will try to prepare him to the final.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just our luck if he is out of the final after being a consistent playing player all season.

Hopefully its just rubbish paper talk.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If you read what the Sun actually say they even admit the club are waiting to hear back from the scan :lol:

OL29

As a result of a multinational fan base. It’s a strange thing to criticise players from the country of the club - but our fan add sure love to do it.

I honestly don’t know why.
There’s also loads of fans who get personally offended if you criticise a British player but relentlessly criticise our foreign players. It’s not a one way thing.

There’s also loads of fans who get personally offended if you criticise a British player but relentlessly criticise our foreign players. It’s not a one way thing.
does that happen?

im sure it happens on some level with the no of supporters we have - but it’s not something I’ve seen.

United in sin

does that happen?

im sure it happens on some level with the no of supporters we have - but it’s not something I’ve seen.
It's pretty rampant tbf.

Ive never been a fan of Maguire but he's had a solid season after a miserable start. It certainly helps that he has the protection of two hardworking DMs no matter who we play. His lack of pace hasn't been tested much since the Tottenham disaster. Now if only he could score more from headers. That's something Smalling always offered, a genuine goal threat from the back

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Maguire did have an absolutely dreadful start to the season. Combination of no pre-season and wrecked head from Greek saga probably. He’s been seriously good since then. Definitely one of the best CBs in the league this season overall (how long has it been since we could say that about one of our players?!)
Yeah, of all the players who made sluggish starts, he was one of the most noticeable. Just seems to have gotten better and better since and has been the best CB in the country (alongside Dias). He's a bit of a rock. If we can find him a quality long-term partner, we'll have our best partnership since Rio and Vidic.

OL29

does that happen?

IMO yeah it happens even on this forum, I guess it’s reflective of the size and diversity of our fan base. All of our players are victim to agendas.

Siezard

Best centreback in the world this season. He should feature in PFA team of the year.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His price tag doesn't seem so absurd over time.

I might change my mind after the EL Final.

Stormpetrel

As a result of a multinational fan base. It’s a strange thing to criticise players from the country of the club - but our fan add sure love to do it.

I honestly don’t know why.
Always thought the English were the first to be overly critical of their players unless they're young talent from the club academy

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
@roonster09 . You were right about Harry and i was wrong. I thought that he is average and overpayed but i must say that i changed my mind. He is not world class but he is class.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@roonster09 . You were right about Harry and i was wrong. I thought that he is average and overpayed but i must say that i changed my mind. He is not world class but he is class.
Good to see posters changing their opinion on the players :)

I agree with you, he isn't world class but he is very good player. I would say we overpaid considering we broke the record for him.

theklr

At least Linda and Bailly will get some games together to work on if he doesnt make the final

BorisManUtd

Hopefully he can be back for Wolves, getting some minutes in that game before the Europa league final.

Djemba-Djemba

Isn’t ligament damage a serious thing? Doubt he can make the final to be honest
Ole sounded pretty positive about it to be fair.

I think it's hugely doubtful he'll play though yeah, just seen him on crutches.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Isn’t ligament damage a serious thing? Doubt he can make the final to be honest
It depends on the grade of the damage. Grade 1 is minimal and usually a quick recovery.

Grade 2 can be okay (10 days) all the way through to quite bad (I had a top level grade 2 once and it took a very long time for the initial recovery, even longer for full recovery)

Grade 3, you're fecked. Game over.

el3mel

Ok guys, it's time for all of us to apologize to him for any bad word we have ever said.

We're fecking clowns without him at the back shouting at players to do their job.

Sorry Maguire. FFS please be ready for the final.

Cast5

Because he’s played every game people take him for granted, he’s the glue in that defence and when he doesn’t play it shows. Let’s hope people start appreciating him for what he is, a top class centre half who gets way too much abuse from people with agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.