Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Do people think Maguire can only travel if he's in the squad?

I mean he can still go as club captain without being named in the playing squad you know :lol:

A-man

Probably didn't play enough games to be considered.
Could be, but then it’s not consistent. Other players, Mahrez and KdB as example, played less than 25 matches while Cooper played 25 and Fofana 27. But maybe amount of games was a factor, which I think is fair as it is a major factor of a players impact.

A-man

He's been named in the squad, it's not just a case of him being captain so he's travelling to support the team

There must still be a chance of him being fit to play
I could be wrong of course, and hope I am, but doubt he’ll play. He had a gravity boot on for 9 days, I would assume it takes some time after that to recover and get back to full training. If we bring 4 goal keepers we might as well bring the captain.

Oranges038

Shame he looks likely to miss the game.

If the trophy is there to be lifted. I wonder will he go full JT on it.

jesperjaap

One thing to consider, if he isnt fit is he really going to risk a bad injury with the Euros so close and playing at Wmbley. I know this is a EUropean trophy and his first chance of silverware, but that has to be a consideration.
Be surprised if he plays personally having been in an air boot up until so recently like others have said

Andersons Dietician

Watching that video interview, anyone find him pointing out that manager telling him his feet need to get faster or he’ll never make it seem like a bad thing. Maybe the delivery was wrong and Harry has obviously made it to one of the top clubs and a main stay internationally. But I think most of us even to this day note he’s like an oil tanker and has slower feet than my gran in a zimmer.

You would hope from that moment he’s been doing ladder drills and stuff trying to improve everyday. Coach did him a favour than the possible yes man he was speaking about prior. Heck he even says in the interview his dad calls him out and says he could do better.

Hopefully he’ll improve next year and actually take up a leadership role on the pitch instead of passing it on to others.

A-man

I haven’t followed the latest development, could someone fill me in?
I saw he wasn’t even on the bench, is that because of the injury or because he hasn’t returned to normal fitness level? Do we need to be worried about long term damage?

TheReligion

Abusive
I haven’t followed the latest development, could someone fill me in?
I saw he wasn’t even on the bench, is that because of the injury or because he hasn’t returned to normal fitness level? Do we need to be worried about long term damage?
Not back to normal fitness. He's been training. They expect him back for the Czech Republic game.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If he’s back In training I don’t really understand why he can’t play the Scotland game. It doesn’t usually take more than a week to pick up fitness again. He’s not even been out that long.

James Peril

As expected, Mings did just fine and he’ll do the same job as Maguire when called upon. Perhaps Maguire is a better player overall, but the danger is that he will be even more sluggish and out of form, Maguire is already pretty sluggish and slow when in his best form. Keep Mings, rest Maguire and let him gather physical shape before the new season starts. He’s no Rio Ferdinand, it’s not like England’s hopes rest on his shoulders.

TheReligion

Abusive
As expected, Mings did just fine and he’ll do the same job as Maguire when called upon. Perhaps Maguire is a better player overall, but the danger is that he will be even more sluggish and out of form, Maguire is already pretty sluggish and slow when in his best form. Keep Mings, rest Maguire and let him gather physical shape before the new season starts. He’s no Rio Ferdinand, it’s not like England’s hopes rest on his shoulders.
I think it's easy to say this after the event and for sure Mings did well enough to see us beat Croatia. I'm all for Maguire getting a rest but he's very important to both United and England with regards to his leadership, anticipation, arial ability and distribution. He's far superior to Mings and the other English CBs.

Andersons Dietician

If he’s back In training I don’t really understand why he can’t play the Scotland game. It doesn’t usually take more than a week to pick up fitness again. He’s not even been out that long.
Won’t want to subject him to the mauling Dykes, Che and McGinn are going to put that defence through on Friday. Patterson, Gilmour hopefully Tierney back. Chlanna nan con thigibh a’ so ‘s gheibh sibh feòil!

A-man

Any news about the man? I’m getting a bit worried. First Ole’s talk that he might play the cup final, but the we saw Harry on crutches and with a big boot for a very long time and now he wasn’t even on the bench. Was that just tactics from Ole or has there been complications?

Is he training 100%?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Any news about the man? I’m getting a bit worried. First Ole’s talk that he might play the cup final, but the we saw Harry on crutches and with a big boot for a very long time and now he wasn’t even on the bench. Was that just tactics from Ole or has there been complications?

Is he training 100%?

Thanks, good to hear. Was getting worried as it seemed worse than the first reports.
really is good news. I’d like him to come off the bench. It’s a risk to start him after 2 months out.

As much as I think he’s a donkey, Mings played well in the first game.

if Maguire can get 30 mins today - I think that’s a better option. He’s got to get through the rest of the tournament.

Is he training 100%?
i would assume that was just typical manager speak, keeping the opposition on their toes, whilst also not sending the fan base into meltdown.

A-man

really is good news. I’d like him to come off the bench. It’s a risk to start him after 2 months out.

As much as I think he’s a donkey, Mings played well in the first game.

if Maguire can get 30 mins today - I think that’s a better option. He’s got to get through the rest of the tournament.
Mings looked really good, but imo Harry offers more, ie not just good defending.
30 min would be perfect.But I guess it depends on how the match turns out.

i would assume that was just typical manager speak, keeping the opposition on their toes, whilst also not sending the fan base into meltdown.
Yes probably, and also a little bit that they didn’t really know how severe it was.

Mings looked really good, but imo Harry offers more, ie not just good defending.
30 min would be perfect.But I guess it depends on how the match turns out.
I feel it’s always a bit difficult to being on CBs on as subs. I know the Dutch have done it in this tournament, but its much easier to bring in attacking players.

I agree Maguire is easily the better player, and we need him on the pitch to go deep into the competition, it’s just the fitness issue - and thankfully Mings allayed some of the fears i had in him, which means we don’t need to rush.

ideally 4-0 up at half time and we can bring him on then :D

Red Royal

England should be able to cope with Scotlands forward line pretty well without needing Harry. Would prefer to keep hom for the later stages, and todays game is likely to be our most physically demandong challenge. Keep Harry for the later rounds for Portugal or Germany.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
England should be able to cope with Scotlands forward line pretty well without needing Harry. Would prefer to keep hom for the later stages, and todays game is likely to be our most physically demandong challenge. Keep Harry for the later rounds for Portugal or Germany.
That is certainly true, but he could do with some match fitness and rhythm before England actually needs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.