Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentSmith

I wonder if Maguire’s fitness will give Southgate the confidence to go with Shaw at LB if Mings doesn’t need baby sitting.

Thought Trippier played really well in his place, but Walker was dreadful, so could switch Trippier to RB and slot Shaw into his place. Seems a more natural and balanced back 4.

A-man

I feel it’s always a bit difficult to being on CBs on as subs. I know the Dutch have done it in this tournament, but its much easier to bring in attacking players.

I agree Maguire is easily the better player, and we need him on the pitch to go deep into the competition, it’s just the fitness issue - and thankfully Mings allayed some of the fears i had in him, which means we don’t need to rush.

ideally 4-0 up at half time and we can bring him on then :D
Normally when you bring on a new CB he has everything to lose... But if they decide beforehand to sub at half time maybe.
I really hope he gets some minutes!
Now I need to pick up some beers and go to a friends house to watch Sweden -Slovakia.

DFreshKing

I can't decide if I would risk Maguire tonight but then I think Mings. Still if we can't beat Scotland without Maguire we are not going very far anyway imho.

Abraxas

Without wishing to jinx him he showed what he brings tonight in terms of composure and class on the ball. A very big upgrade from Mings in that department.

A-man

Good defensively and under pressure. A couple of good passes in first half that we won’t see from Mings. Don’t understand why opponents play this way against England instead of creating movement behind the backline.

Abraxas

Good defensively and under pressure. A couple of good passes in first half that we won’t see from Mings. Don’t understand why opponents play this way against England instead of creating movement behind the backline.
Just don't think the Czechs have that kind of player. That Schick looks a big, solid lad and decent on the ball but there's not many direct players or pace in their attack which made it a comfortable night at the back.

A-man

Just don't think the Czechs have that kind of player. That Schick looks a big, solid lad and decent on the ball but there's not many direct players or pace in their attack which made it a comfortable night at the back.
You’re probably right. But I doubt any teams will score against England with that type of players. That is really England’s strength defensively. Players like Mbappe will cause more problem.

krentz

Best England CB by miles no question about that. Btw dont like the fact that he played full 90 mins tonight.

Bertie 2 Hats

Harry Maguire played more passes into the final third than any other England player against the Czech Republic (8) :)

Dan_F

Best England CB by miles no question about that. Btw dont like the fact that he played full 90 mins tonight.
Yeah I thought it was weird he took Stones off. There’s a full week till the next game so you’d have thought Maguire was the priority.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Excellent performance from the big man. Those long balls were insanely accurate.

A-man

You’d wonder if the enforced break did him some good. Now we just need a Germany win and him, Shaw and Rashford can rack up some more fuel in the tank for next season. Gwan the Germans!
The break did him good, he looked really fresh and full of energy. I think the whole starting xi need a break. Most of them have been playing a lot for a very long time now and they looked worn down at the end of the season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The break did him good, he looked really fresh and full of energy. I think the whole starting xi need a break. Most of them have been playing a lot for a very long time now and they looked worn down at the end of the season.
Yup. I feel conflicted watching teams with United players in them. I know they’ll be gutted to lose but want them on the beach asap. Felt bad for Bruno last night but overall pleased that Portugal went out.

Just need England, France and Sweden to lose and we’re all good.

A-man

Yup. I feel conflicted watching teams with United players in them. I know they’ll be gutted to lose but want them on the beach asap. Felt bad for Bruno last night but overall pleased that Portugal went out.

Just need England, France and Sweden to lose and we’re all good.
Haha I understand that conflict, feel the same way. Of the players left in the tournament, especiall Shaw and Lindelof looked tired at the end of the season, but they have looked rather energetic in the Euros so far. Pogba looks fine as well.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Absolutely class. Always rated him. So happy for him.

With those Klinsmann comments and even the commentary here in Sweden tonight, I think this might be the tournament where the World finally recognises that he’s an absolutely top class centre back.

slored1

Honestly he is a brilliant centre back. Get him Varane and he will be top 3 in the league.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good, hopefully he gets the recognition he deserves.

Amarsdd

All the English fans hating on him for the last two years and even before the tournament even when he is clearly the best English CB by a mile. Now he's been probably one of their best performers in the two matches he's played.

Status
Not open for further replies.