5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you can simultaneously say he's good in the air and terrible in the air is an amusing paradox.

He's good in that he wins a huge amount of aerial balls statistically. Likely down to positioning, strength and sheer size.

He's bad in the fact that he clearly can't jump - genuinely zero spring- and his contested aerial duel percentage is actually quite low. Most annoyingly for me, he's absolutely terrible at actually directing anything he gets his head on. That ranges from attempts at goal to simple headed passes under no pressure... and everything in between.

I've got some stats that I'm going to edit to make more presentable, but for a quick spoiler: he's bottom 10% in headed attempts at goal that hit the target from set pieces and bottom 15% in defensive heading accuracy (how often a header in a player's own half results in his team retaining possession).

Coops73

Played well I thought, hopefully putting some of that Greek odyssey behind him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he was the best of the worst mainly because he involved with our both goals as well as made lot of clearances and some other defensive recovery. The full backs weren't really helping much handling the crossings from the wingback while our attackers were passive and not pressing.

FattyFooty

He also started the Rashford goal, don't forget that one. He had a part in all our goals today.

He also defended well. He can't be a cover for the whole backline.

Anustart89

Well done in some parts, but to see our captain go down on his knees upon conceding that equalizer was shocking. I didn’t expect more from Lindelöf but I was appalled at seeing him do that instead of getting the ball up and pushing the team on.

starman

Well done in some parts, but to see our captain go down on his knees upon conceding that equalizer was shocking. I didn’t expect more from Lindelöf but I was appalled at seeing him do that instead of getting the ball up and pushing the team on.
Ffs, get a grip, he won us the penalty to win the game

Anustart89

Ffs, get a grip, he created the winner
And two minutes before that, he, as our captain, slumped to his knees after conceding an equalizer against Brighton.

You’re deluded if you think that’s acceptable from a United captain, regardless of whether he scores 20 a season or not.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You could see how much it meant to him to concede at the end there, looked distraught. Shook himself off and forced the handball to win the game

starman

And two minutes before that, he, as our captain, slumped to his knees after conceding an equalizer against Brighton.

You’re deluded if you think that’s acceptable from a United captain, regardless of whether he scores 20 a season or not.
Do you understand the rules of football that you can't kickoff if the opposition is celebrating in your half?
The only delusion is your hate, that this is what you are looking for.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Monster captain plus he looked like literally a monster on the pitch in few key situation.

My favourite performance from him so far.

mu4c_20le

He literally won us the points today not just with the header but also by making a huge fuss over it. Everyone else was looking clueless, Rashford was scratching his head, but big Harry took over. My captain

Anustart89

Do you understand the rules of football that you can't kickoff if the opposition is celebrating in your half?
The only delusion is your hate, that this is what you are looking for.
I understand that they couldn’t have kicked off since I’m not an idiot, but for me a captain shouldn’t be falling to his knees like that. He should be telling his teammates to get up and go for a winner.

Our defenders fell to the ground like the Bayern players did after Ole’s winner in -99, except it wasn’t a champions league final and they had just conceded an equalizer.

But if you think that’s acceptable from a United captain then it’s no wonder that standards have dropped. The glazers have succeeded in their lowering of expectations. I would never have expected our captains from the past to react to an equalizer in that way.

starman

I understand that they couldn’t have kicked off since I’m not an idiot, but for me a captain shouldn’t be falling to his knees like that. He should be telling his teammates to get up and go for a winner.

Our defenders fell to the ground like the Bayern players did after Ole’s winner in -99, except it wasn’t a champions league final and they had just conceded an equalizer.

But if you think that’s acceptable from a United captain then it’s no wonder that standards have dropped. The glazers have succeeded in their lowering of expectations. I would never have expected our captains from the past to react to an equalizer in that way.
You are reaching to the extreme, him kneeling down is irrelevant when you can't kickoff. Unless there is a player cam you have no idea what he did when the camera is not on him from that moment to kicking off again. The guy is the only one that is a threat in the air in the box and reason as to why we won the game.

Much better today, he was forcing things to happen and leading the defence around.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Contribute 2 big goals for us, but he didn't quite manage to lead our defence line well, our defence has been shocking,

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
We really need to play a cb that compliments him better, lindelof is just to weak for me.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Astonishingly he was useful in two attacking set plays in one game of football.

More please.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That was 95th minute goal and the injury time was 5 min, even I thought it was over. And then he won the penalty, shouted for a hand ball which forced the referee and VAR team to had a look at it.

Anustart89

You are reaching to the extreme, him kneeling down is irrelevant when you can't kickoff. Unless there is a player cam you have no idea what he did when the camera is not on him from that moment to kicking off again. The guy is the only one that is a threat in the air in the box and reason as to why we won the game.
I don’t care what he did on the pitch, like I said before, and it’s not relevant whether we could’ve kicked off one second faster or not. It’s about the signals it sends to everyone. He could’ve scored 20 goals and I would’ve said that I don’t expect the captain to collapse on the ground in the face of an equalizer. It’s great that he helped us score goals but it’s awful to collapse on the floor like that as a Manchester United player, let alone as captain.

Agila Dathi

I honestly don't rate him at all. He's so slow that his hair doesn't move when he's running as fast as he can. Sure, he wins almost every header, but I actuallu wrote down every header he had today:
Header to a teammate: 1
Header to the opposition: 5
Headed to corner (no pressure from the opposittion): 1
One header he cleared the ball from the box, well done.
The penalty incident.

He wins the headers, but his headers are shit.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He also started the Rashford goal, don't forget that one. He had a part in all our goals today.

He also defended well. He can't be a cover for the whole backline.
On what planet did he defend well? Aaron Connolly had him on toast at times. He is so slow for a pro footballer.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Ok, so today was he brilliant, terrible or just standard Harry?

Shiva87

Too harsh my friend. Totally understandable in the circumstances and given the overall negativity around the club.

I think he feels responsible for letting the team down with the number of goals we are shipping in. Good work to win that header and winning the penalty after. Definitely a lot of luck involved, but this is the kind of thing you hope that the team learns from and can pick itself up in the future after a setback.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He literally won us the points today not just with the header but also by making a huge fuss over it. Everyone else was looking clueless, Rashford was scratching his head, but big Harry took over. My captain
That last part should come with a 'reach for the sick bag' warning.

Anustart89

That last part should come with a 'reach for the sick bag' warning.
:lol:

He went down like a sack of potatoes crying after conceding an equaliser but then he won a header from a corner and appealed strongly for a penalty which makes him a brilliant captain.

He's shown great leadership previously during his time here but today wasn't an example of that, I'm afraid.

lsd

The Oracle
As much as i do not rate him i would not criticise him for how he reacted to Brighton's equaliser. All it showed was he cares and you cannot criticise that.

I remember Fergie saying after United lost the league on the final day vs Blackburn he heard Steve Bruce sobbing in the toilet cubicle and knew United would regain the title the next season

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You could see how much it meant to him to concede at the end there, looked distraught. Shook himself off and forced the handball to win the game
Conceding that late in the game would distraught any player.

And yes, you're right. It's how he responded afterward, shows his mental strength.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Now he is getting criticism for how disappointed he was after conceding a goal :lol:

SinNombre

Now he is getting criticism for how disappointed he was after conceding a goal :lol:
And here I was thinking that it showed he cared.

More than AWB who was just walking around after being caught out on positioning.

Tony247

He led from the front, let down by his teammates at times. Very good captainship. I like him.

LoneStar

I don’t care what he did on the pitch, like I said before, and it’s not relevant whether we could’ve kicked off one second faster or not. It’s about the signals it sends to everyone. He could’ve scored 20 goals and I would’ve said that I don’t expect the captain to collapse on the ground in the face of an equalizer. It’s great that he helped us score goals but it’s awful to collapse on the floor like that as a Manchester United player, let alone as captain.
Yeah let’s just play Lukaku and Lindelof cause they keep pointing and shouting at people. Let’s also bring Keane back, just so he can shout at the players if this happens again.

‘I don’t care what he did on the pitch’ :lol:

I bet you’d chose Alli over Messi cause the former shouts about and makes a fuss

Status
Not open for further replies.