Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

He has been really good recently. Improved a lot since start of the season.

GueRed

Is currently on the same good consistent form we saw from him most of last season.

Him, Bruno and Rashford are our most important players imo

A-man

Started a little weak, as the rest of the team, but then grew in to it and second half was top quality. Dominant in defence and what I liked most of all was that when our midfield was stuck, he did what he could to initiate the attack.
Bruno and Rashford obviously had a big impact yesterday, but I picked Maguire as my Man of the match.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Think he's been our most consistent player since the last international break. Really impressed with how he's playing.

Going back to the posters tearing into him for Neymar going past him with ease in the centre of the pitch... He spent the game doing that to McT, Fred, Bruno, Pogba, AWB as well, its almost undefendable when he's running at you in open space and rather than jockey, we needed to win the ball back so it was inevitable.

arnie_ni

I don't think him and lindelof drive on with the ball enough. There's times they have 20 odd metres of open space in front of them and they hesitate. They are getting better at it though.

Both are decent enough to do it and start attacks.

Think he's been our most consistent player since the last international break. Really impressed with how he's playing.

Going back to the posters tearing into him for Neymar going past him with ease in the centre of the pitch... He spent the game doing that to McT, Fred, Bruno, Pogba, AWB as well, its almost undefendable when he's running at you in open space and rather than jockey, we needed to win the ball back so it was inevitable.
he’s done well. Especially coming back from the ridiculous abuse he was getting.

. take the captaincy off of him
. Drop him
. Needs time out of football

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s starting to show some form. Think he’s been really good the past few games.

Rossa

he’s done well. Especially coming back from the ridiculous abuse he was getting.

. take the captaincy off of him
. Drop him
. Needs time out of football
Don’t see the need for the abuse fans give players. I wonder if they would as outspoken if they had to post with their real names?

He’s been much better recently. Long may it continue

Don’t see the need for the abuse fans give players. I wonder if they would as outspoken if they had to post with their real names?

of course not. The internet does allow you to be more extreme in your views, comments and posts, than you would if you had to be accountable for them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Big game for him at City next week. He was great their last year, twice.

Needs a bit of a statement match after a return to form.

Sylar

I think he's played himself out of the real funk he had at the beginning of the season. Maybe the shortened break along with the arrest didn't help him

Set pieces aside he's been really solid

Indeed. A lot of the personal abuse seems to be from accounts (esp on Twitter) where it's a player profile pic and something like MartialSzn

Being critical is one thing, but when you get personal, that's something else

Raven

Thought he was really good overall. Wish he'd stop trying to smash it from 30-40 yards though, really pisses me off.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You have to respect the guy for his obvious professionalism, work ethic and intelligence. The habits he maintains day in day out are making him fit and available for 60+ games a year and he is highly consistent.
Not saying he is a world class CB, but hard not to respect him.

Doracle

Started a little weak, as the rest of the team, but then grew in to it and second half was top quality. Dominant in defence and what I liked most of all was that when our midfield was stuck, he did what he could to initiate the attack.
Bruno and Rashford obviously had a big impact yesterday, but I picked Maguire as my Man of the match.
Yeah, I gave Bruno, Rashford and Maguire 9s yesterday. Whilst Rashford was my MOTM, Maguire was immense. So dominant in the air and his distribution was excellent. Incredible he’s got a 5.3 average rating on here for that performance. He’s been superb since the very slow start to the season.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
His passing is almost Carrick-esque at times, consistently playing some hard through balls on and off the ground. Obviously there will be times when he will find it hard due to lack of runners or a system of the other team but he really is a top player playing into open defenses. Also never afraid to step out of defense.

Very press resistant unlike Lindelof who is physically weak and can't do it consistently. Shame about his accuracy at heading, he could have had 4 or 5 goals if he got it on target. Similar to Smalling, dominating everything in the air just can't get himself on target when attacking corners. But maybe it's a matter of time and we are still getting used to Telles delivery, not easy to direct it in when the ball is hit at such pace and trajectory, it has to be added.

BTW this is not a dig at Lindelof, I think he's been solid for the last two games but it still should be said that HM is clearly class above when both players are praised in such games.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Thought he was really good overall. Wish he'd stop trying to smash it from 30-40 yards though, really pisses me off.
I don't mind when a player takes responsibility and tries to have a go, he hit a few from distance before and surely was pissed we couldn't take a single shot on target for a long time that game. It's not like he's Marcos Rojo who can have games with three attempts like that, even though he's got a good shot on him too.

And yeah, I know it was a bit too far out than usual but Pogbas side foot attempt was also very far away for that kind of shot but end up in the back of the net

Raven

I don't mind when a player takes responsibility and tries to have a go, he hit a few from distance before and surely was pissed we couldn't take a single shot on target for a long time that game. It's not like he's Marcos Rojo who can have games with three attempts like that, even though he's got a good shot on him too.

And yeah, I know it was a bit too far out than usual but Pogbas side foot attempt was also very far away for that kind of shot but end up in the back of the net
I don't mind players taking cracks from distance, usually when there's nothing else on. Maguire does it far too regularly for my liking, especially when there are better options available to him.

Pogba has far more business having a crack from that distance, he's one of the most technically gifted players on the planet.

A-man

Yeah, I gave Bruno, Rashford and Maguire 9s yesterday. Whilst Rashford was my MOTM, Maguire was immense. So dominant in the air and his distribution was excellent. Incredible he’s got a 5.3 average rating on here for that performance. He’s been superb since the very slow start to the season.
5.3? Yes that was odd. It is easier to like two offensive guys who come on and create chances than a guy who keeps us in the match with solid defence and hard work, I guess.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The number of drilled crosses Maguire allows in behind him is maddening. Its not a one off. It happens all the time. Sevilla, the Palace game. Tonight he deliberately moved away from the cross. You'd have thought he'd have learned his lesson from having been caught out so often? Nope. Still letting balls fly across the box without any sense of danger. He's like someone who touches a hot stove but doesn't learn that it burns you and keeps doing it. Bizarre.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No words, we were absolute trash at the back vs West Ham first half and this place was singing his praises.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
1 decent match, 3 average ,1 horrendous....
Rinse and repeat
As consistent as my grandpa's boner

Bobski

Has he ever actually been part of a good defensive unit, at club or international level?

Status
Not open for further replies.