Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Playing him out wide in a back 3 relying on him to be mobile is just asking for trouble in the form he’s been in personally.

Apokalips

In Rio/Campbell era he would be considered alongside the Lescott type level, he's a good defender but not top bracket and never has been.

Terminator

The whole incident in Greece really seems to have fecked up him. Hope he gets it past him soon.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's disappointing. A good period away with England might have been just what he needed to get himself back on track. Now he'll be under even more pressure.

Am I alone in thinking we’d be better with Smalling, and without Maguire?!
Many people, and I'm one of them, think we'd be best with the two of them together. In theory at least they compensate for each others weaknesses and allow themselves to focus on their respective strengths. Unfortunately we'll never know.

I will say that I'm unsure how Smalling and AWB together on the right side would go. It'd become an utter black hole of ball-playing ability. I guess we could play Smalling on the left and Maguire on the right, but that'd be the opposite of how they each normally play.

Zoo

He should have come off if he was injured. He was feeling it at the beginning of the game but Neville only picked up on it later on.

Oh well, his confidence is shot to pieces right now.

b20times

He is a walking nightmare. Is there no chance of loaning him out in January? How we can laugh at Man City for blowing money on their defence is beyond me.
I'm so embarrassed.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
I don't understand why our fans are against him. He's clearly going through a rough patch and it's obvious that whatever happeneed in Greece is affecting him. He needs some time off and support from our fans yet some are so keen to throw him under the bus. Cretins I tell you
I agree, he needs an arm around him and a break. He's not a terrible player but he needs time off to work through whatever it is that he is going through.

Put the trust in him to come back like he was (a solid performer, but not world class) and he will want to repay that trust.

I don't understand why our fans are against him. He's clearly going through a rough patch and it's obvious that whatever happeneed in Greece is affecting him. He needs some time off and support from our fans yet some are so keen to throw him under the bus. Cretins I tell you
this is going to be like cat nip to a lot of our fans.

Agreed, he’s playing like he’s got the world on his shoulders, needs a break and crucially needs our support.

dev1l

Sadly you re correct. Don't take the sickos too seriously though. This time last year they were engaged in the silly Brexit FC frenzy.

Josep Dowling

He shouldn’t have gone on England duty. He needs a break from football to sort himself out. I can’t see the club allowing him the time though.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Please Ole for the love of god take our armband off this shit footballer. Please. He’s literally good at heading the ball away, that’s it. His passing is shit, his attacking heading is shit, his tackling is shit, he can’t run & he is the furthest thing from a leader. Should be nowhere near United. Get him out.

AFC NimbleThumb

Grow up ffs
You need to aim your ire at the bunch lauding him with phrases such as ‘My Captain’ because he started fining teammates for not turning up to social events.

I said at the time he shouldn’t have been given the captaincy. I said at the time we shouldn’t have signed him.

‘My captain’ :lol:
MODS assemble, think someone’s diaper needs a change.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I agree he's in poor form and it seems the negative press and that debacle in Greece may be getting to him. He's also been scrutinised a lot more recently, his price tag and his captain status.

But this "get him therapy", "needs a long break from football", "take him out of the squad" stuff.

Do people not realise who our other centre backs are? Bailly and Lindelof as a pairing is an unmitigated disaster. Only ever functional when they had papa Fellaini holding their hands, doing the dirty work. Tuanzebe is only just back from injury - do people want Ole to do his thing and flog him to death as soon as he's back to training? I'm sure Ole is only too happy to oblige.

The market is closed. He'll need to play.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Take the armband off him, give him a few weeks off to recuperate, he just needs to be away from the game and out of the headlights for a bit. This genuinely looks like something that could derail his career right now.

Zoo

Please Ole for the love of god take our armband off this shit footballer. Please. He’s literally good at heading the ball away, that’s it. His passing is shit, his attacking heading is shit, his tackling is shit, he can’t run & he is the furthest thing from a leader. Should be nowhere near United. Get him out.
You’re wrong here.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I agree he's in poor form and it seems the negative press and that debacle in Greece may be getting to him. He's also been scrutinised a lot more recently, his price tag and his captain status.

But this "get him therapy", "needs a long break from football", "take him out of the squad" stuff.

Do people not realise who our other centre backs are? Bailly and Lindelof as a pairing is an unmitigated disaster. Only ever functional when they had papa Fellaini holding their hands, doing the dirty work. Tuanzebe is only just back from injury - do people want Ole to do his thing and flog him to death as soon as he's back to training? I'm sure Ole is only too happy to oblige.

The market is closed. He'll need to play.
Timing :lol:

But I think it's worth the short-term hit - if it can be even considered that in his current form - to get him back to his best sooner rather than later. We've seen too many CBs just fade away over the last few years. We, quite literally, can't afford the same to happen with Maguire.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He will get back to form by the way. Significantly so and will show he's a far better player than what we are so seeing right now. The only problem is that Maguire, even at his best, does not possess the ability to be the lynchpin of a title winning defence. Therefore that in itself is going to be a massive issue going forward.

Castia

Dropping him will put even more pressure on him. Would give the likes of Keane an opportunity to stick the boot in
If he’s completely out of the squad I think people would understand he’s not in the right frame of mind. No point even putting him on the bench at the moment

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We should probably give him a break away from the spotlight. If we can't cope without him then our defenders really are fecking terrible as Maguire in this form is a hinderance.

Irrational.

Leicester have made absolute mugs of us. We've been robbed blind. Coady looked twice the player he did playing next to him before Harry got sent off.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Timing :lol:

But I think it's worth the short-term hit - if it can be even considered that in his current form - to get him back to his best sooner rather than later. We've seen too many CBs just fade away over the last few years. We, quite literally, can't afford the same to happen with Maguire.
I'd rather take the chance and not play Lindelof and Bailly together in a team that is suffering a crisis in confidence under a manager who looks absolutely defeated. If they start together against Newcastle I'm going to the bookmakers.

Smores

It's always interesting to see which players get hounded for bad form and which ones get all the excuses in the world.

I've seen some imply he's tired. I can't recall ever reading a CB needing a break due to fatigue.

He's just in shit form.

Skills

Snitch
If he’s completely out of the squad I think people would understand he’s not in the right frame of mind. No point even putting him on the bench at the moment.
Yeah but imagine if we lose a game. I can already hear Keane ranting about lack of character, mental strength, not captaincy material etc.

And if turns out we do well, there'll be others after him.

'Manchester United keep first clean sheet of the season after dropping £80m CB'

He can't win in that scenario.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I'd rather take the chance and not play Lindelof and Bailly together in a team that is suffering a crisis in confidence under a manager who looks absolutely defeated. If they start together against Newcastle I'm going to the bookmakers.
It's by no means an ideal partnership, and highlights the shocking lack of quality we have there. But is Maguire more reliable than either of those in his current form? I'm doubtful. On his day, definitely. Not right now.

90 + 5min

Well, the antics in Greece seem to have done more harm then he thought.

AshRK

Sad how petty some of our fans have become, mocking and making fun of our own player. Shit happens in everyone's life. Maguire is going through his bad patch, if you cannot back him then at least stop mocking him.

And it seems reading some idiotic comments some really want him to fail and are taking pleasure at his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.