Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Quite pleased for Maguire. The goal clearly gave him a boost, hopefully he takes this on now.

A-man

This is exactly why getting another decent CB should have been a priority. Not a super 80 million CB, but someone of average PL level who can stay fit.

It’s a disaster on one hand, but on the other hand I think PSG is the worst possible team to face for Maguire. They excel exactly at his weaknesses. Maybe missing this game can be good for his path back to normal self, as I think he would have been slaughtered. Now the other can be slaughtered instead.

GueRed

there was someone on here saying the club should loan Maguire out! :lol:

some football fans are beyond help

GueRed

This is exactly why getting another decent CB should have been a priority. Not a super 80 million CB, but someone of average PL level who can stay fit.

It’s a disaster on one hand, but on the other hand I think PSG is the worst possible team to face for Maguire. They excel exactly at his weaknesses. Maybe missing this game can be good for his path back to normal self, as I think he would have been slaughtered. Now the other can be slaughtered instead.
Solskjaer wanted another centre-back but Woodward failed to deliver (surprise surprise)

Bobski

Impossible to know and it is really just speculation confirming personal opinions but I doubt we are as comfortable defensively with Maguire in there tonight.

yamo123x

Impossible to know and it is really just speculation confirming personal opinions but I doubt we are as comfortable defensively with Maguire in there tonight.
Come on, why bash him
He too was outstanding against newcastle.

He.would benefit from a back 3 alongside 2 mobile centre backs

Chief123

Come on, why bash him
He too was outstanding against newcastle.

He.would benefit from a back 3 alongside 2 mobile centre backs
I would say he was “ok” against Newcastle considering there wasn’t much defending to be done. Newcastle were incredibly poor going forward.

The truth is that was our best performance defensively this season against two of the best attacking players in the world.

There is no reason to not give Tuanzebe and Lindelof a run of games if both are fit. Maguire could do with a break for a while.

SAFMUTD

My thoughts as well, I think Tuanzabe was a better fit than Maguire considering PSG's speedy attackers.

eire-red

You may be right, but we'll likely be more comfortable with him in the team against RB Leipzig who play with Poulsen as a target man.

Speed is a genuine weakness of many CB's, doesn't make him a bad CB. He has other elements to his game that our other defenders don't possess.

He's had a poor start to the season, but I thought he was one of our top performers last season, and I think he'll reach those levels again.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
My thoughts as well, I think Tuanzabe was a better fit than Maguire considering PSG's speedy attackers.
Tuanzebe than Maguire for sure was a better fit to duel Mbappe and Neymar. But in 3 at the back Maguire will take Lindelof place in the middle, I'm pretty sure of it. Not that Victor is a bad player, but we'll struggle with aerial threat without Maguire.

Dorris

Except there's no way Maguire plays where Tuanzebe did. How many times did Lindelof get faced 1v1? Maguire would've been fine.

Kostov

I would say he was “ok” against Newcastle considering there wasn’t much defending to be done. Newcastle were incredibly poor going forward.

The truth is that was our best performance defensively this season against two of the best attacking players in the world.

There is no reason to not give Tuanzebe and Lindelof a run of games if both are fit. Maguire could do with a break for a while.
And a blatant feck up was still done by one of CB you praise 2 lines down the same post, when he was turned like a little child.

A-man

HAs anybody heard anything about his injury? What's it about? How long is he out?

Chief123

And a blatant feck up was still done by one of CB you praise 2 lines down the same post, when he was turned like a little child.
Whereas Maguire has had a blatant feck up every game he played before that and some of them monumental. So yeah, my point still stands. Tuanzebe and Lindelof deserve a run together.

Kostov

Whereas Maguire has had a blatant feck up every game he played before that and some of them monumental. So yeah, my point still stands. Tuanzebe and Lindelof deserve a run together.
Maybe you should go and rewatch the matches before that Spurs game, Lindelof was appalling against Palace and had a hand in all 3 goals we conceded, maybe you suffer from short memory, but apart from the Spurs game which Lindelof had the luxury of not playing he has been even worse.

Kostov

HAs anybody heard anything about his injury? What's it about? How long is he out?
He wrote about trying to be back for the weekend didn't he? I think he will recover fast and we will need him imo in the PL for his aerial dominance if anything.

A-man

He wrote about trying to be back for the weekend didn't he? I think he will recover fast and we will need him imo in the PL for his aerial dominance if anything.
For sure he’ll be needed. If he’s fit for Saturday, I think Ole will pick him.

Chief123

Maybe you should go and rewatch the matches before that Spurs game, Lindelof was appalling against Palace and had a hand in all 3 goals we conceded, maybe you suffer from short memory, but apart from the Spurs game which Lindelof had the luxury of not playing he has been even worse.
I’ve watched every game. Maguire has been shocking this season but some are struggling to accept it. Is Lindelof a good solution long term? No. But right now Maguire warrants being dropped.

Zen86

I’ve watched every game. Maguire has been shocking this season but some are struggling to accept it. Is Lindelof a good solution long term? No. But right now Maguire warrants being dropped.
If we dropped every player who had 3 bad games, we’d struggle to field a team most weeks.

Alemar

Tuanzebe and Lindelof deserve a run together.
With Telles in the squad, Maguire may be preferable to Lindelof from attacking perspective, he can score significant amount of goals from corners and indirect free kicks by Telles. Lindelof never scores headers

Borys

Statistics Wizard
With Telles in the squad, Maguire may be preferable to Lindelof from attacking perspective, he can score significant amount of goals from corners and indirect free kicks by Telles. Lindelof never scores headers
This. With midfield sealed now by Fred and McTominay, we can let ourselves play Telles ahead of Shaw in some games. And that's where Maguire has to play, target for Alex corners.

Man Utd 0:0 Chelsea

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good to see this thread so far down. Looks back to his normal level now.
Was never a pen, and calm and assured all game, like v Newcastle.

el3mel

The penalty incident was very poor and was lucky to escape unpunished in it. However, rest of the game was really good. Made several good interceptions as well. Nice.

Oo0AahCantona

He played well overall, but we should have lost to that penalty in which case he would get crucified.

Matt6677

Lets not get carried away. He was just decent and lucky not to penalised for that clear penalty

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Too soft for penalty to me. Just because he put his arm around Azpi doesn’t mean there is any forces to bring him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.