Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

He is slowing down our midfield. He needs to pass the ball sooner to our midfield instead of dithering on it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
8/10
Solid professional and highly efficient performance. His calmness on the ball consistently helped us out of the games RBL press and he was also outstanding in the air.

Really glad he has gotten a few excellent performances after the Spurs horror show.

Art

Art the artist
Love how he's just gotten about his business since the break. Great performance.

Walters_19_MuFc

Given the start to his season, I think Maguire has done fantastically well to bounce back in the manner in which he has done.

Dealt with everything tonight and was so assured on the ball. Top performance!

Given the start to his season, I think Maguire has done fantastically well to bounce back in the manner in which he has done.

Dealt with everything tonight and was so assured on the ball. Top performance!
true. I was a bit worried after the England match. At that point, everything was going wrong for him.

he looked like a man that would save a puppy from drowning, but in doing so would end setting fire to a dozen nuns.

football can change quickly, but 3 games ago he was under immense pressure. Well done him, and well done Ole for keeping him in the team.

Womp

idiot
Needs to stop pulling people down in the box, he's gotten away with it a few times in the past few games but it's only a matter of time before refs start picking up on it

Lyng

He did much better today. Looked more calm and seemed to have his confidence back. Great work by our back four.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Hats off to Harry, he has certainly performed well these last few matches (as has AWB), and I was all for leaving them out as I thought they both looked tired and off the pace, but well done to Ole for keeping faith with them.
He really does need to keep his arms down when challenging for the ball in our box, that was the one thing I criticised Smalling for when VAR was being brought in, and with players like Poulson about, you know they will make the most of any contact, realising that VAR is recording everything, and can restrospectively look back at any incident.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I give him a lot of stick, but he's done well the last few games. Long may it continue.

Our midfield is doing a much better job of protecting the backline, which has also been crucial.

Kostov

I think he was excellent last night, dealt with everything and together with Lindelof looked very assured. I hope they just stay fit if anything.

Last edited:

OrcaFat

I thing he was excellent last night, dealt with everything and together with Lindelof looked very assured. I hope they just stay fit if anything.
He was great and I agree it’s important those two stay fit and keep the form going, if they do we’ll get back to being one of the best defences in the league.

I would add that anyone who is baffled by the signing of Maguire or thinks he was a waste of money is rather confused and should cast their mind back to the pre Maguire days which were substantially worse.

acnumber9

His individual performance wasn’t particularly bad today but we’re suffering as a team because we have to play two cloggers in midfield to cover for the fact he can’t run.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
His individual performance wasn’t particularly bad today but we’re suffering as a team because we have to play two cloggers in midfield to cover for the fact he can’t run.
Pogba or another better player should be taking mcts place. It’s Pogba unbalancing everything in midfield. We’ve tried him everywhere and it doesn’t work. It’s ponderous. There’s no width out out ball on his side. Superficial pressing. Maguire was fine today. Decent header. Unlucky to see it go wide. He’ll score a few of them before the season is out. Defensively he was ok. We need a better ball player in there than mct and we need a lot more legs than matic. Partey would have been perfect for us.

OrcaFat

Played well today. He is definitely not a major part of our problems. I thought Lindelof dithered a bit today.

acnumber9

Pogba or another better player should be taking mcts place. It’s Pogba unbalancing everything in midfield. We’ve tried him everywhere and it doesn’t work. It’s ponderous. There’s no width. Superficial pressing. Maguire was fine today. Decent header. Unlucky to see it go wide. He’ll score a few of them before the season is out. Defensively he was ok.
We can’t play higher up the pitch because he can’t run and have to play midfielders that can’t pass to make up for it. He needs to do more than float a couple of harmless headers wide. He didn’t do anything particularly wrong but when do you ever watch Maguire and think that was a great bit of defending? I never do. It would almost be understandable that we sacrifice midfield for it if he did.

R77

The only vague positive today is that he didn't do anything mental. Thought I'd refrain from commenting for a couple of games after criticising him a lot. Bad game to lift the embargo, but it is what it is.

AneRu

Pogba or another better player should be taking mcts place. It’s Pogba unbalancing everything in midfield. We’ve tried him everywhere and it doesn’t work. It’s ponderous. There’s no width out out ball on his side. Superficial pressing. Maguire was fine today. Decent header. Unlucky to see it go wide. He’ll score a few of them before the season is out. Defensively he was ok. We need a better ball player in there than mct and we need a lot more legs than matic. Partey would have been perfect for us.
I know Pogba was trash today but I think the imbalance is not completely his fault. Thing is we can't play a proper 4-3-3 because our DMs can't handle the workload alone (Matic needs a harrier beside him), whilst the other two are shite on the ball and Pogba himself is useless off the ball and with simple passes to play as one of a two.

As long as those four are still starting for us we are always going to have issues because when teams press us they will panic and when they sit off us players like McTominay are useless.

Maguire and Lindelof being one placed is also bad for us because we can't push up to press teams ourselves. Our spine, for all the money spent on it is really in a bad place.

Brophs

The One and Only
Not remotely the take away from today but always nice to see a centre half decide that what the moment really requires when losing in the last couple of minutes of a game is a speculative punt of a shot from 30 yards. He'll take his place in the Marcos Rojo hall of fame.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I love how people quote Mark Goldbridge word for word and pretend they are coming up with their own thoughts. Enough with the agenda against Maguire. He was one of the best players on the pitch today...

acnumber9

I love how people quote Mark Goldbridge word for word and pretend they are coming up with their own thoughts. Enough with the agenda against Maguire. He was one of the best players on the pitch today...
Never read or listened to anything Goldbridge has said. One of the best players on the pitch? What did he do?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Not remotely the take away from today but always nice to see a centre half decide that what the moment really requires when losing in the last couple of minutes of a game is a speculative punt of a shot from 30 yards. He'll take his place in the Marcos Rojo hall of fame.
What does he do in training to give him the balls to try such brainless nonsense?

Neville was saying on commentary a few weeks back how Fergie would go mental at players if they took a hit and hope strike like that in a desperate situation like today.

Irwin99

It was either him or Lindelof for MotM for me. I picked him just for his consistency whereas Lindelof made two very good blocks but also two big mistakes (particularly the William one in the first half). Decent defensively. Never in a million years worth 80 million or worth the captain's armband but it's kind of hard to know what people want or expect from him in matches like this; i mean, he's a defender and he did his job reasonably well.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Never read or listened to anything Goldbridge has said. One of the best players on the pitch? What did he do?
Sure you haven't :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsenal were kept to only 7 shots (2 on target) while having most of the play. If you don't think that our defense played fantastic today then perhaps you should take up a different sport

acnumber9

Sure you haven't :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsenal were kept to only 7 shots (2 on target) while having most of the play. If you don't think that our defense played fantastic today then perhaps you should take up a different sport
I can read shite from the likes of you on here. Don’t need to go to Goldbridge for it. On this occasion he happens to be right it would seem. If you think our defence was fantastic then you’re a fecking lunatic. Arsenal can’t attack for shit and have a grand total of 9 goals in the league this season.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Chris Smalling had a 90.5% passing average in Serie A last season? Is he a good passer?
No idea. I don't watch Serie A. I watch United and Maguire's passing was fine. Nobody in the back line is to blame for the result today. They were the best players on the pitch. The finger pointing needs to be aimed at players further up the pitch. Blame the players who need to be blamed, not the players who you have an agenda against. We lost 1-0 from a penalty a midfielder stupidly gave away and only only 7(2) shots against all game. The midfield and attack should be thanking the defense for keeping us in the game and should be praised not scapegoated...

acnumber9

No idea. I don't watch Serie A. I watch United and Maguire's passing was fine. Nobody in the back line is to blame for the result today. They were the best players on the pitch. The finger pointing needs to be aimed at players further up the pitch. Blame the players who need to be blamed, not the players who you have an agenda against. We lost 1-0 from a penalty a midfielder stupidly gave away and only only 7(2) shots against all game. The midfield and attack should be thanking the defense for keeping us in the game and should be praised not scapegoated...
You watched him for United presumably? Well his passing percentage throughout his career is better than Maguire’s. Passing stats don’t make a good passer.

How many posters have you accused of having an agenda against Maguire now?

Status
Not open for further replies.