Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
If he was absent and it was back to the days of Smalling and Blind, Everton would have had a field day. He dominated our box. That was the perfect game for him, hopefully we'll see more of this.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If he was absent and it was back to the days of Smalling and Blind, Everton would have had a field day. He dominated our box. That was the perfect game for him, hopefully we'll see more of this.
That's a strange take since the stuff he was doing well today is pretty much what Smalling generally did. Dominating in the air, blocking shots and cutting out the passes coming into the box.

RedIan

Excellent game today. When we are under the cosh and Everton raining crosses into our box, Harry is there to clear every time.

poleglass red

Thought he was excellent today. Bruno will deservedly get the plaudits but Maguire was quality.

mattsville

He was excellent particularly 2nd half, considering he got nothing from Lindelof who lost every header he competed for.

Robertd0803

Thought he was like a rock today. Evertons game plan did suit him but he was immense on the balls in to the box.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
That's a strange take since the stuff he was doing well today is pretty much what Smalling generally did. Dominating in the air, blocking shots and cutting out the passes coming into the box.
I have a lot of strong memories against West Ham and Everton where we were losing every battle in the air despite Fellaini.

LJJT

Difference is though Maguire can bring the ball out and pass it and pass forward which is a big difference even though I like smalling

manunited1919

Thought he was like a rock today. Evertons game plan did suit him but he was immense on the balls in to the box.
This.
He was a total rock at the back. He is so much better when we weren’t playing a high line. We should’ve had a penalty as well at the attacking end when Pickford dropped that ball and took him out.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He looked really determined today. Very likely his best game this season. That defending tackle he made in the second half in the penalty was the first time I remember he went in hard in his United career. He, together with Bruno, was my MoM today.

My biggest gripe is him taking too many touches and holding the ball too much. Needs to move the ball much more quickly to deny giving the opposition time to organise themselves, get in shape and mark our players out.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
MOTM. Bruno was the difference maker up front, but Maguire hardly put a foot wrong all game. Immense.

GueRed

Great game from the captain

Displayed his strengths to the maximum yesterday
Dominate in the air. Great positional sense, a calm presence at the back.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
As I've said previously Maguire isn't good enough a first choice central defender that enables you to win the league but he was excellent today.
The guy is a much better player than a lot on here give credit. He’s perfectly capable of being part of a title winning side.

Idxomer

Really good game yesterday, especially in the 2nd half when the team was defending deep.

Eddy_JukeZ

He looked really determined today. Very likely his best game this season. That defending tackle he made in the second half in the penalty was the first time I remember he went in hard in his United career. He, together with Bruno, was my MoM today.

My biggest gripe is him taking too many touches and holding the ball too much. Needs to move the ball much more quickly to deny giving the opposition time to organise themselves, get in shape and mark our players out.
Apparently Ole likes him doing that.

Lyng

Brilliant yesterday. His haters try to pretend these performances don’t exist
This was his first of the kind for United though. He hasnt been anywhere close to this level for us before.
But he was excellent against Everton, and if he keeps up this level I will happily eat crow for being one of those not thinking he is good enough.

GMoore23

That was a proper Captains performance, hopefully he can push on now and help us climb the table after the break.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
This was his first of the kind for United though. He hasnt been anywhere close to this level for us before.
But he was excellent against Everton, and if he keeps up this level I will happily eat crow for being one of those not thinking he is good enough.
He has had the odd game here and there like this. Although this is probably the first since the lockdown last season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Question,

If we weren't in for Maguire which club would he have ended up at?
100 % Man City. Pep wanted him and there was video of him admitted that he wanted him. City didn’t want to pay more 70m and pretty sure his price would have dropped this year due to covid and both clubs will finally find an agreement of fees.

Andersonson

And today he is the captain.

But he aint a leader.... Only Bruno is fighting the refs and standing up for our players!

Im I doing this right?

GueRed

Captain for club and country.

Well deserved.

Cant wait till we see Telles whip in those crosses onto Slabhead and Cavani's bonces

Revaulx

Just proved the doubters wrong.
He hasn’t proved any such thing. He has demonstrated that he can perform at a very high level. He has actually done it before; he was consistently very good for four or so months before lockdown.

His doubters, and all our other inconsistent players’ doubters, will be silenced once we start to see good performances on a regular basis.

OK, some people will moan regardless :boring:

Status
Not open for further replies.