Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedorDead21

good on Southgate for playing him. It seems it was mostly Utd fans who were having a go at him, which is somewhat strange, but not unexpected from our toxic fanbase.
Ermmm he made an idiotic holiday decision in the summer and then behaved like an idiot once there. Ended up in prison, his form fell off a cliff, the club he captains ended up in 15th....When we are back in the top four on the back of his return to form (for many months)...he will deserve credit!

Ermmm he made an idiotic holiday decision in the summer and then behaved like an idiot once there. Ended up in prison, his form fell off a cliff, the club he captains ended up in 15th....When we are back in the top four on the back of his return to form (for many months)...he will deserve credit!
southgate, OGS and Maguire all deserve credit in the way that have handled his poor form, and allowed him to get some form back. Thankfully professionals aren’t as knee jerk as fans.

Maureen-yo

Not the toughest opposition but he's had a very good game tonight, distribution has been very positive too.

RedorDead21

southgate, OGS and Maguire all deserve credit in the way that have handled his poor form, and allowed him to get some form back. Thankfully professionals aren’t as knee jerk as fans.
He’s played a couple of good games since the season started. That’s where the praise should end.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s played a couple of good games since the season started. That’s where the praise should end.
He’s done very well - some of the criticism he had shouldn’t be unexpected given the state of our ‘fans’. It was way over the top.

you must be fun at parties.

rather than ostracise him like our fans wanted after the last England game, managers have trusted him and his started to repay that. That’s good news.

Dve

He´s been very consistently since last international break and he looks to be pretty much back to the form be was last winter.

When everyone agreed he was a fantastic captain.

romufc

The problem Maguire faces is that every goal and a hint of a mistake is blown out of proportion by United and non United fans.

Look at the mistakes red cafe darling Upamecano has made int he CL this season, does it make him a bad defender? No.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Another solid performance and he also had two chances to score, unlucky not to score.

Matt6677

Another solid performance and he also had two chances to score, unlucky not to score.
Yes indeed. The 80 million CB who needs two CDMs to protect him. Marvellous performance.

Cant wait for Poch to come in and drop this joke of a captain!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes indeed. The 80 million CB who needs two CDMs to protect him. Marvellous performance.

Cant wait for Poch to come in and drop this joke of a captain!
Good performance is good performance, don't force yourself try to be negative on positive performance.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Thought he was quite average tbh. We looked pretty ropey at the back whenever West Brom fancied attacking and his pace (or lack thereof) is a problem. Lead to the penalty incident if I recall correctly.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Thought he was quite average tbh. We looked pretty ropey at the back whenever West Brom fancied attacking and his pace (or lack thereof) is a problem. Lead to the penalty incident if I recall correctly.
Not from what I watched.

The stats also showed he had solid defensive numbers and offered something in attack & passing.

Carl

Not from what I watched.

The stats also showed he had solid defensive numbers and offered something in attack & passing.

Thought he was decent going forward. Just not defensively. Don't think he was poor defensively, just far from "solid". WBA very nearly had a pen, hit the bar and had a couple other moments where they probably should have scored. We didn't look great at the back at all.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If Poch came in, I doubt very much that dropping Maguire would be first on his list.

And just out of curiosity, what makes him a joke of a captain? Who would be a better captain?
I wouldn’t bother to be honest. Just had a look at his posts and the majority of his posts are about getting Poch and wondering why our best players should stay at United.
The trend of newbies just signing up here for the sole reason of questionning everything United does, or defending Jose, Klopp, Poch or Pogba in almost every post has been increasing for a long time now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Thought he was decent going forward. Just not defensively. Don't think he was poor defensively, just far from "solid". WBA very nearly had a pen, hit the bar and had a couple other moments where they probably should have scored. We didn't look great at the back at all.
7 ball recoveries, 4/6 aerial duel won, 3 interceptions & 2 clearances with clean sheet. That's solid.

The chance that DDG saved was Bissaka's mistake not Maguire. One when hit the post was from Lindelof/Bissaka's side not from Telles/Maguire's side, and the penalty incident was Bruno being clumsy.

Carl

7 ball recoveries, 4/6 aerial duel won, 3 interceptions & 2 clearances with clean sheet. That's solid.

The chance that DDG saved was Bissaka's mistake not Maguire. one was hit the post but from Lindelof/Bissaka's side not from Telles/Maguire's side, and the last one was penalty incident but it was Bruno being clumsy.
It was Maguire's lack of pace that allowed them into the position in the first place.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I wouldn’t bother to be honest. Just had a look at his posts and the majority of his posts are about getting Poch and wondering why our best players should stay at United.
The trend of newbies just signing up here for the sole reason of questionning everything United does, or defending Jose, Klopp, Poch or Pogba in almost every post has been increasing for a long time now.
I know. Some posts are irresistible though and make you want a tear up. I’m a bit bored today and have nothing better to do other than rise to the bait:wenger:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It was Maguire's lack of pace that allowed them into the position in the first place.
Blindly blame, I can't understand the logic. 7 ball recoveries and 3 interceptions, his lack of pace wasn't an issue if he managed to do those numbers.

Carl

Blindly blame. I can't understand the logic. 7 ball recoveries and 3 interceptions, his lack of pace wasn't an issue if he managed to do those numbers.
So because we disagree I'm "blindly blaming"? OK then.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So because we disagree I'm "blindly blaming"? OK then.
No. May be you can elaborate. Making claim without explanation is basically blindly blaming.

You can't be making 7 ball recoveries and 3 interception if his pace was an issue for player to perform defensively.

Carl

No. May be you can elaborate. Making claim without explanation is basically blindly blaming.

You can't be making 7 ball recoveries and 3 interception if his pace was an issue for player to perform defensively.
I presumed youd know the sequence I was referring to, given you clearly paid so much attention to his performance.

The build up to the penalty incident - they got into the box because of Maguire's extreme lack of pace.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I presumed youd know the sequence I was referring to, given you clearly paid so much attention to his performance.

The build up to the penalty incident - they got into the box because of Maguire's extreme lack of pace.
First of all, you replied to my post that talked about ''solid performance''. So of course the attention should be about his performance.

Secondly, you have to explain how the penalty incident was because Maguire lack of pace. Rashford lost the ball that started the attack, Maguire still managed to go toe to toe with Grant and force Grant into wide position.

A-man

I don’t think we can blame Maguire for Bruno not being able to keep calm, nor the long shot that hit the bar. Think he was calm and solid and good with the ball. 7/10 for me.

Carl

First of all, you replied to my post that talked about ''solid performance''. So of course the attention should be about his performance.

Secondly, you have to explain how the penalty incident was because Maguire lack of pace. Rashford lost the ball that started the attack, Maguire still managed to go toe to toe with Grant and force Grant into wide position.

If thats how you saw that incident then fair enough. I disagree.

I'm not even sure whats happening here tbh. I didn't even say he played badly, I just disagreed that he was "solid". Our back 4, of which he is a part of, wasn't great yesterday and looked shaky every time WBA went forward (which wasn't often). The same WBA that are probably the worst side in the league.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Decent at running with the ball, passing overrated.

Rarely finds a pass between the lines and his long range passing is meh.

Defensively he's been better though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If thats how you saw that incident then fair enough. I disagree.

I'm not even sure whats happening here tbh. I didn't even say he played badly, I just disagreed that he was "solid". Our back 4, of which he is a part of, wasn't great yesterday and looked shaky every time WBA went forward (which wasn't often). The same WBA that are probably the worst side in the league.
You disagree for no reason. You can't blame pace as an issue for that incident if he managed to go toe to toe with the player. But if that's how you want to believe about it and also his overall performance then believe what you believe because we are going nowhere in this debate or discussion if you keep refuse to explain what's behind your logic.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You disagree for no reason. You can't blame pace as an issue for that incident if he managed to go toe to toe with the player. But if that's how you want to believe about it and also his overall performance then believe what you believe because we are going nowhere in this debate or discussion if you keep refuse to explain what's behind your logic.
To be fair he only caught up to Grant because he fouled him /pulled him back... But he wasn't at fault for that incident or anything.

Himannv

I think he was quite good last night in a game where we were definitely below par as a whole. I though he did very well when going forward and on another day he might have scored. Couple of mistakes at the back ruined his rating a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.