Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

If our existing manager isnt always the one who signs players for us, I sincerely hope our ex manager who was just sacked isnt either! And who cares about calling their judgement into question? We have regularly laughed at Pep and his inability to sign defenders.

Sorry, to me this just feels like a way to let Ole off the hook for a bad signing(Not that that's even been decided yet, jury is out and he may still come good)
Zaha was never a Moyes signing. It was the ex-manager’s signing.

I’m not really pro Ole long term, but the excessive stabbing at him over any excuse is a bit OTT. The fact is Maguire has not been as convincing as we had all hoped. A decent defender but not the quality we need.

But the point is not every signing turns out how you want. People are slating Ole like he’s made the worst catastrophic decision a manager has ever made by signing Maguire (which I still think was lined up before his arrival). But no one is willing to label Pep or Jose with any criticism for chasing the exact same player. It just comes across very agenda driven.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Maguire was more than decent last season. Pace always an issue but our defensive record supports that notion. This season he's clearly shattered mentally, presumably from all that business in Greece. While you'd hope that playing would take his mind off of it, that doesn't seem to be the case and he needs to admit that and get himself sorted out.

Jeffchin

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
He also picked up Cavani's hair band in the aftermath of the winning goal celebration, that's attention to details I want my captain to have :D

forlans.second

Thought he really did well today, the commentary didn't do him justice with a couple of very well timed interceptions

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Yep, good game by him. Not a „worth 80 Mio“ performance but well done.
Our man marking is abysmal, but that is more a fault of the management.

Reddevildans

I wish he had more urgency and conviction in his passing. Most of the time hes just ambling along and is way to lazy on the ball. He should be fizzing It into the feet of the midfielder and attackers. No way hes a 80m defender. A solid game from him today though.

meamth

I wish he had more urgency and conviction in his passing. Most of the time hes just ambling along and is way to lazy on the ball. He should be fizzing It into the feet of the midfielder and attackers. No way hes a 80m defender. A solid game from him today though.
What more can he do mate? This is a risky game, one mistake with risky/quick passing, they can hurt us. He did well today.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Excellent today. Made a really good tackle on Walcott which stopped him being one on one. After a torrid start to the season, he’s recovered really, really well.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Every page on Maguire thread, I always see ''80m''

This is the problem of our fan base. They can't accept him being a good defender, they can only accept him if he plays like 80m player. We paid the money because there is not many available good defender out there. Lucas Hernandez cost 70m in the same year we signed Maguire. Diop was valued for 60m by West Ham and Dias cost 70m in covid year. That's the reality of good centre back in the market. You can only hope release clause if you want to sign good defender for cheap.

Reddevildans

What more can he do mate? This is a risky game, one mistake with risky/quick passing, they can hurt us. He did well today.
Just wish he could quicken things. I actually think his passing is underrated a bit. And hes more than capable of playing through the press to our forward players more than he is. I know it's with risk but it could also mean a creation of a chance.

jem

Yeah I thought he was good today. Goldbridge only gave him a 5 on the United Stand ratings, and I can't really see why. Neither goal was his fault, and he made some great clearances, and seemed (to me at least) to be a bit quicker with his passing.

Devil may care

He was decent today, no issues, nothing will change for me though that Maglof isn't a long term partnership.

He also picked up Cavani's hair band in the aftermath of the winning goal celebration, that's attention to details I want my captain to have :D
:lol:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I'd say a solid performance. Honestly I think he has been a bit underwhelming. Not a flop by any means, he is pretty consistent and reliable but haven't seen his top level yet. If we have, as I said its quite underwhelming.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah I thought he was good today. Goldbridge only gave him a 5 on the United Stand ratings, and I can't really see why. Neither goal was his fault, and he made some great clearances, and seemed (to me at least) to be a bit quicker with his passing.
Because goldbridge is a bellend who dislikes maguire and wants Bruno to be captain?

Harry was solid today.

jem

Because goldbridge is a bellend who dislikes maguire and wants Bruno to be captain?

Harry was solid today.
Well I want Bruno to be captain too, but I do agree that Goldbridge gets ridiculously attached to his opinions (whilst constantly calling out others for having an agenda.)

Adam-Utd

Well I want Bruno to be captain too, but I do agree that Goldbridge gets ridiculously attached to his opinions (whilst constantly calling out others for having an agenda.)
How anybody could give any of our defence less than a 7 I don’t really know. We conceded no chances apart from a free kick and a corner, we were pretty solid and maguire made 2/3 very important interceptions.

it’s pure agenda.

Red_toad

How anybody could give any of our defence less than a 7 I don’t really know. We conceded no chances apart from a free kick and a corner, we were pretty solid and maguire made 2/3 very important interceptions.

it’s pure agenda.
Are you including Dave in the less than 7? I thought he was very shaky and we improved when Hendo came on.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He was always good in winning Ariel duals, probably one of the best in the league in this. But he isn’t captain materiel at all and he never helps organize our defense, we should give captain armband to Bruno instead.

boxykronikle

He had a great game IMO. I would blame the 2nd Soton goal on Dave. It was not his first time not standing closer to the near post. The first goal was a clusterfeck with Rashford losing his man.

Robaldo

He was one of our best players during the second half of last season; hopefully he'll continue in this vein now that the summer episode seems to have left him.

DoomSlayer

Has been playing good recently, but his lack of organisational skills in defense is really showing, both in open play and on set pieces.

I don't think I'll ever be happy with Maguire being captain, Bruno is the only player in the squad that is seemingly setting the standards and keeping the rest of the players in check when they aren't pulling their weight.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Surprised nobody's bumped this. He played well today. Stopped a lot of aerial balls
Yeah, had a very solid game, good on the ball, beast in the air, flawless in defense, the kind of game Lindelof gets 9/10 here. Kinda the same situation with Pogba, you expect for him this kind of games ot be a standard, however not their fault they came for such ridiiculous money. Pogba´s fee was somewhat justified though. We should judge them the same though. Not like Lindelof or say VdB came for nothing. 30m is still a big fee.

Adam-Utd

Are you including Dave in the less than 7? I thought he was very shaky and we improved when Hendo came on.
I wasn’t - but not sure DDG did a lot wrong. Corner was more on the defence and the free kick was world class. Henderson didn’t have much to do luckily but maybe his more vocal side helped, hard to know. Think the team just improved.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
you expect for him this kind of games ot be a standard
For me, this was a fairly standard Maguire performance. I see this as his level of performance most matches, he's one of our most reliable performers. While I know he's not perfect, I am always surprised to see how his detractors pick apart his game and bash him with his pricetag.

The comparison with Pogba isn't particularly fair. Yes, both came with massive price tags and it is fair to say that neither have proved to be worth the money but at least Maguire shows up every match. Over his career here, I am sure Maguire will go on to repay that massive fee.

Jonno

Amazing how people just disappear for the consistently good performances he puts in.

Another solid display, does very little wrong and lots right.

Status
Not open for further replies.