Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

Fair play, he was very good today as was Lindelof. Unlucky for the first two goals but poor for their third. Otherwise, a good performance.

Ekeke

To be fair to him that was a 100% chance for Neymar he won't miss those even though Martial probably would've. Arry was good tonight.
Certainly wasnt when he put himself on the floor in PSG's half at the start of the move. Thats one of the main reasons it was a great chance, the CB wasnt there

Haddock

To be fair to him that was a 100% chance for Neymar he won't miss those even though Martial probably would've. Arry was good tonight.
Yeah it's not like Neymar ever bottled easy chances throughout the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Jonno

A good performance, hes in good form.

Fine margains. He does his job and watches Martial fluff 2 golden chances that are the equivalent of Maguire routinely defending a corner.

Ekeke

Eh? Completely stretched due to being down to 10 and committing everyone forward.

He had a good game
His asshole was stretched on the floor when he committed himself ahead of the half way line and sat himself down. If Maguire is slow to get back in a normal situation, imagine how slow he is after sitting down against PSG's break away. He finally almost got back and then fell over again

predator

Youth NITK
Good performance from harry. He was highly disciplined and even got stuck in upfront at times. Any other centre backs would've been on their arse a couple of times tonight in that game against that psg side.

Jonno

His asshole was stretched on the floor when he committed himself ahead of the half way line and sat himself down. If Maguire is slow to get back in a normal situation, imagine how slow he is after sitting down against PSG's break away. He finally almost got back and then fell over again
Oh dear. It’s called covering for 3 positions in the death of the game where we’re throwing everyone forward. He did well to get back 50 yards vs Neymar. He played well.

CB goes forward to try a force an equaliser when down to 10 men on injury time. Shocker!

crap lost mate. That’s the rock he had to take. Most of the time it won’t work, but have you have to take those risks given the situation.

rhajdu

I really liked his commitment to go forward in the last 10+ minutes. He caused problems for them and created at least a chance for Bruno. He also defended well.

Ekeke

Or being down to 10 men? Forcing Maguire to step up to a midfield position?

Clearly a tactic, being told to step up? No... must be Maguires fault
If you cant see how diving in here in this situation as a CB and missing both the player and the ball so your team has less men to defend the counter isnt bad, no amount of logic will convince you because logic didnt get you to your point of view in the first place. He's 40 yards from the opponents goal and going to ground, letting both his man and the ball past him.

Jonno

If you cant see how diving in here in this situation as a CB and missing both the player and the ball so your team has less men to defend the counter isnt bad, no amount of logic will convince you because logic didnt get you to your point of view in the first place. He's 40 yards from the opponents goal and going to ground, letting both his man and the ball past him.

Again. Our tactic was to force the ball off them, despite being a man down.

Have you ever played a man down? Ever played a man down vs Neymar and Mbappe? Whilst needing a goal within minutes?

If we’re drawing the game, our entire back line is 40 yards deeper.

it’s a clear and obvious tactic to squeeze up high up the pitch. It was the only chance we score an equaloser.

all your screenshot shows is how exposed being down to 10 men we were.

Ekeke

Again. Our tactic was to force the ball off them, despite being a man down.

Have you ever played a man down? Ever played a man down vs Neymar and Mbappe? Whilst needing a goal within minutes?

If we’re drawing the game, our entire back line is 40 yards deeper.

it’s a clear and obvious tactic to squeeze up high up the pitch. It was the only chance we score an equaloser.

all your screenshot shows is how exposed being down to 10 men we were.
Have you ever played in the champions league? Thought not. Stop being stupid

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Pathetic post from somebody with a clear agenda.

Maguire was very good tonight. So Neymar went past him in the centre of the pitch when we were throwing everything we had (with 10 men) to force a goal? Grow up.

Jonno

Have you ever played in the champions league? Thought not. Stop being stupid
Have i Said I have? no. Have I watched CL and top level football for 30+ years, yes. Have I played 11 a side football all of my life, yes.

Youre failing to spot basic tactics. He’s been instructed to press up high in a high risk last minute strategy.

Ekeke

Have i Said I have? no. Have I watched CL and top level football for 30+ years, yes. Have I played 11 a side football all of my life, yes.

Youre failing to spot basic tactics. He’s been instructed to press up high in a high risk last minute strategy.
You could watch paint dry for 30 years and not know how to paint. You're proving something similar

Diving in on your ass has nothing to do with being asked to press high up the pitch. If he stays on his feet hes back to defend

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Should have fouled Neymar by wrestling him and I am serious. Instead he goes for the sliding tackle and misses it completely.

Jonno

You could watch paint dry for 30 years and not know how to paint. You're proving something similar

Diving in on your ass has nothing to do with being asked to press high up the pitch. If he stays on his feet hes back to defend
He did get back, you said so yourself? He kept up with Ney,ar the entire way. Despite being told to press 50 yards up the pitch, due to his team mate getting sent Off.

youve got some agenda mate, criticising Maguire for being forced to stretch across CB AND CM in the dying seconds due to being a man down and a goal down

strange view

Ekeke

He did get back, you said so yourself? He kept up with Ney,ar the entire way. Despite being told to press 50 yards up the pitch, due to his team mate getting sent Off.

youve got some agenda mate, criticising Maguire for being forced to stretch across CB AND CM in the dying seconds due to being a man down and a goal down

strange view
No he almost got back. And he would have if he didnt sit down. He almost got back but fell over again when he was almost there.

rhajdu

No he almost got back. And he would have if he didnt sit down. He almost got back but fell over again when he was almost there.
I am pretty sure that he got back and tried to deny Rafinha, but unfortunately Rafinha decided to pass instead. Neymar could shoot wherever he wanted so I don't think it mattered that Maguire slipped at the end. In hindsight I would tried to block the pass to Neymar, but then Rafinha would shoot instead and might be a goal anyway.

I admire that we tried to equalize despite of the circumstances. It was also a bit stupid, because now we are going to be second in the group at best. At least it was good mentality.

Last edited:

Ekeke

I am pretty sure that he got back and tried to deny Rafinha, but unfortunately Rafinha decided to pass instead. Neymar could shoot wherever he wanted so I don't think it mattered that Maguire slipped at the end. In hindsight I would tried to block the pass to Neymar, but then Rafinha would shoot instead and might be a goal anyway.

I admire that we tried to equalize despite of the circumstances. It was also a bit stupid, because now we are going to be second in the group at best. At least it was good mentality.
He got back after Bruno Fernandes had to try and play CB covering him, which predictably didnt go great with Raphinha running past him with ease and being able to play the ball back. If Maguire isnt stranded up the pitch we dont have our AM trying to cover him and hes the one vs. Raphina and you'd expect him to put up a little bit more resistance. As it is, Maguire was late back and then still leaves Neymar free for the pull back

Status
Not open for further replies.