Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
He gets his head to nearly every ball though.
Just seems to have lost any knack of putting them in.
He just doesn't seem to be the same player he was at Leicester. He was the star there but in truth Jonny Evans was the backbone of the defence. I feel that being the main man at Manchester is just a little too much for him and the Captains armband weighs about 20 pounds. I don't know if the responsibility for communication lies with him but there doesn't appear to be much chatter between the goalie & the backline. He seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

LJJT

Is it a tactic to let the ball travel across goal without trying to clear it or are he and lindelof just petrified of shanking it in their own goal??

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He just doesn't seem to be the same player he was at Leicester. He was the star there but in truth Jonny Evans was the backbone of the defence. I feel that being the main man at Manchester is just a little too much for him and the Captains armband weighs about 20 pounds. I don't know if the responsibility for communication lies with him but there doesn't appear to be much chatter between the goalie & the backline. He seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.
I don't go in for that thinking. He's been good here. Aside from the mad first month of the season, which people forget also came at a time we looked well off the pace generally due to no pre-season - not to mention his personal stress from that whole nonsense abroad.

Evans is not that good a player. It's the biggest myth on the redcafe. We seem to see occasional games of players elsewhere and overhype them. We had Evans for enough time to see his level.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't go in for that thinking. He's been good here. Aside from the mad first month of the season, which people forget also came at a time we looked well off the pace generally due to no pre-season - not to mention his personal stress from that whole nonsense abroad.

Evans is not that good a player. It's the biggest myth on the redcafe. We seem to see occasional games of players elsewhere and overhype them. We had Evans for enough time to see his level.
Which was very good bar 1 poor season under LVG, there is a reason his name comes up with big clubs again whilst he has been at Leicester and that is because he is a good player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Which was very good bar 1 poor season under LVG, there is a reason his name comes up with big clubs again whilst he has been at Leicester and that is because he is a good player.
Will agree to disagree on this one.

RedDevil@84

There were one line posts in the main post-match thread singling him out for criticism, with no mention of any other player, which was bizarre given that he actually played well.
There are other posters who are criticizing the other players. If we want every poster to give some kind of uniform criticism, then I think it is a bit too much to ask for.

GueRed

Is it a tactic to let the ball travel across goal without trying to clear it or are he and lindelof just petrified of shanking it in their own goal??
Gary Neville explained the goal clearly

Basically he said the ball should not have been allowed to travel that far into the box..

The near post block men in Pogba and Rashford didnt do enough to stop the cross.

by the time the ball swung into the back post it gave Maguire et al no chance.

Small details etc

GueRed

He's been very good for us since his sending off for england. Overall his time at United minus the beginning of the season he's been very solid.

But the twitter morons arent having it, he's their scapegoat.

It's no surprise most of them are Pogba or Martial fanboys.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's been very good for us since his sending off for england. Overall his time at United minus the beginning of the season he's been very solid.

But the twitter morons arent having it, he's their scapegoat.

It's no surprise most of them are Pogba or Martial fanboys.
How do you know? Did you read their twitter history of most of them?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He is currently second on the list of the most successful ball carriers in the PL. Second only to Jack Grealish.
I wonder where is this poster who claimed Lindelof is much better carrying the ball forward, basing it on some out of context statistics. In terms of skill he's a combination of Vida and Rio, excellent on the ball both passing, and carrying the ball out of defence, probably even more pres resistant than either of tham. Maguire is just fearless around his box. And quite a monster in the end and brave hard tackler. Surely he's now flawless, like anyone he can make a mistake but, media these days are much stronger, you make youtube compilations, can see highlights of everything. Even Rio and Vida made mistakes we just don't remember it that much and both had a great partner and another 9 superb players around along with a great manager who won them the game and noone talked about a little hesitation here and there.

When there's a player who one team is interested and other don't wanna sell, the price can go as high as for Maguire, he could have cost probably 20-30 million less but I think he's worth the money as much as Rio was worth it. Now finally get him a proper partner and settle on a system and we will see even better performances than as of late, in which he was really really good.

I keep reading about Henderson's contract, Pogba's reputation or Maguire fee as if people complained it went from their pocket. Let's be fair and judge everyone by their performances on the pitch and not blame them they are not flawless which not a single player ever was.

Sylar

He managed to get his head onto another set piece and missed the target. This one was harder but I'm amazing overall how he can't direct them at all

Red & White

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defender win so many headers from set pieces without scoring or hitting the target with the vast majority. If he could alter his technique to direct his headers down instead of over the bar, he’d be looking at double figure goals per season. It’s good to see him winning them, mind.

flappyjay

He would get into double digits a season for goals if he could direct his headers.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I wonder where is this poster who claimed Lindelof is much better carrying the ball forward, basing it on some out of context statistics. In terms of skill he's a combination of Vida and Rio, excellent on the ball both passing, and carrying the ball out of defence, probably even more pres resistant than either of tham. Maguire is just fearless around his box. And quite a monster in the end and brave hard tackler. Surely he's now flawless, like anyone he can make a mistake but, media these days are much stronger, you make youtube compilations, can see highlights of everything. Even Rio and Vida made mistakes we just don't remember it that much and both had a great partner and another 9 superb players around along with a great manager who won them the game and noone talked about a little hesitation here and there.
thanks for the laugh

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is there a better header of the ball in EPL ? I still don't agree with the decision to spend 80m on him but he is just dominant aerially.

macheda14

Is there a better header of the ball in EPL ? I still don't agree with the decision to spend 80m on him but he is just dominant aerially.
Defensively he’s fantastic, if only that were the case offensively. It’s crazy how often he gets his head on the ball in the opposition’s box and just skies it. I guess he’s using the same technique of up and away.

Haddock

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defender win so many headers from set pieces without scoring or hitting the target with the vast majority. If he could alter his technique to direct his headers down instead of over the bar, he’d be looking at double figure goals per season. It’s good to see him winning them, mind.
The abnormally large surface area bestowed by a slabhead lets him win most headers in either box but the sharp edges leave a relatively small 'sweet spot' thus hampering total control over a header. In a defensive situation this rarely matters as you only have to get it away but when attacking it makes hitting the target harder.

Red & White

The abnormally large surface area bestowed by a slabhead lets him win most headers in either box but the sharp edges leave a relatively small 'sweet spot' thus hampering total control over a header. In a defensive situation this rarely matters as you only have to get it away but when attacking it makes hitting the target harder.
Hahaha! Very good.

Burnley 0:1 Man Utd

A-man

Could have been better, could have been worse, but without his aerial dominance we would have been fecked. One man Air Force today.

NinjaFletch

This man and his big fecking slab was imperious tonight. Makes a world of difference having a partner in Bally who suits him.

KW2006

A shame he wear our armband. Zero passion for the team. Never protect his teammates.

el3mel

Absolutely great performance. Rock solid in the back and his goal was a fantastic header, pretty shame about VAR.

This has been his best period of form since joining the club. He's not putting a foot wrong.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No. Talk about kneejerk. Why do people start saying things ridiculous like this whenever we have a good win?
Didnt take long to get a bite. You won't find any posts from me saying we shouldn't have bought him though like the nonsense on here thinking we could do loads better. He's been excellent since September.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s class, he and Bailly are looking a formidable partnership.

acnumber9

Played well bar that one moment he completely lost a Burnley player and had to be bailed out by Bailly.

Mr Smith

Robbed of an excellent goal, if Ronaldo scored that people would be waxing lyrical and replaying 100 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.