Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The one time he gets a header on target, it was ruled out due to some imaginary reason.

Andersons Dietician

I thought he was really good for most of the game. I mean it was a game built for him and how that goal was disallowed was ridiculous. However near the end he just seemed to get a bit sloppy and drop the previous level he’d been playing at.

Don’t get what people are complaining about with him not showing passion. He must have sprinted from the defence to get to the Brady incident and start harking on at the ref. He didn’t look happy either.

I honestly just can’t get my head around how he doesn’t have a goal to his name this evening. I mean compare that to Haalands goal from the weekend. What use is VAR if it isn’t consistent.

Devil may care

Good performance, he looks much more comfortable next to Bailly who complments him and he wrongly had a goal disallowed.

Oranges038

Looks a more solid partnership with him and Bailly, played well tonight and definitely should have had a goal.

Oranges038

Robbed of an excellent goal, if Ronaldo scored that people would be waxing lyrical and replaying 100 times.

Ronaldo scored this and it was.

This was a foul.. apologies for the quality it was the best I could find.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Didn't think he was particularly good. Bailly bailed him out many times
------------Aerials---Tackles--Interceptions--Blocks--Clearances---Rating
Harry: ------4------------1----------------0----------------1--------------3-------------7.11
Eric----------2------------0----------------2----------------3--------------4-------------7.10

Seems pretty even to me, which confirms as to why I named them both as MOTM. But then again, I'm not coming in with an agenda against Maguire..

Harry Maguire Match Statistics (whoscored.com)
Eric Bailly Match Statistics (whoscored.com)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Didn't think he was particularly good. Bailly bailed him out many times
Did you actually watch the game?
I mean everyone is entitled to an opinion but this takes the biscuit.
Apart from one moment in the dying embers of the game where he was done by a dummy run, he was solid against an aerial bombardment at times.
Absolute rock with some great passing too.
Bailly put in some good blocks but to say it was bailing out Maguire is a massive stretch of the truth.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Let’s not forget the early interception/block he made in the early minute when Bissaka was beaten in aerial, that was crucial too. Both him & Bailly were equally great in my opinion, will put Maguire above due to that goal that should have been considered as goal in my opinion.

No Love

A shame he wear our armband. Zero passion for the team. Never protect his teammates.
I think I can say with great confidence, you’ll fit right in here if/when you get promoted from the Newbs.

Did very well. As captain, he also did well not to get booked. If it was me, I’d have told the ref he’s a fecking Cnut on numerous occasions in the first half.

It’s Maguire plus one.

as much of his detractors don’t like it:

Lindelof plus one, or,

Bailly plus one are not good solutions.

very pleased with him since the England match.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There was a moment in the second half he got caught out of position but apart from that won almost everything. Bailly complements him well

eire-red

Showing his worth once again. How anyone thinks our best defence doesn't have him in it is beyond me.

Got caught out once when the ball was crossed to Vydra and Bailly blocked it out for a corner. Otherwise excellent, especially with Burnley pumping the ball in. That decision to disallow his goal was disgraceful, of all the headers he fluffs he scores the most difficult one.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Class performance. Aggressive and won the aerial duels while Bailly picked up the lose balls behind him when they happened. Really good partnership this can be, and the understanding they have is superior to every other combination we've tried. Deserved his perfectly good goal and in my eyes it counts. That shouldn't have happened, wtf these days with VAR and everything it shouldn't be possible. That decision and the lack of VAR review of a goal has to be be examined.

Red00012

How that goal was disallowed is beyond me

If that’s Chris Wood on the other side it’s a goal .

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
He's a fecking massive cnut isnt he? Standing next to Kevin Friend he looked like something out of where the wild things are. He reminds me of a fridge.

RUCK4444

I cannot believe that after missing HUNDREDS of headed chances Kevin feckin Friend disallows the one that Harry scores :(

It was a great header and absolutely nothing wrong with it, perfectly fair goal.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
A shame he wear our armband. Zero passion for the team. Never protect his teammates.
Was this left from a previous game & you just decided to send it today?

It’s certainly not descriptive of his efforts today.

meamth

Am I the only one here appreciating his dribbling ability?

Such a delight seeing a collossal man carrying the ball with class.

SAFMUTD

Fecking Klopp with his mind games stole him his goal. There's no way that wasnt a goal.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Looks every bit an £80m defender at the moment, having a great season imo. Shame that header didn’t count but it’ll come.

No Spring Chicken

Maguire seemed to be among the worst affected by the odd start to the season, no doubt with the arrest playing a part. But he’s been getting better and better as the weeks go past and he’s looking in top form at the mo.

Being alongside Bailly definitely helps. When he’s next to Lindelof he looks like he’s second guessing what might go wrong and they both sit deeper. With Bailly next to him, and particularly with Matic ahead, he’s more prepared to move out with the ball. We should definitely be encouraging that because not only is he a decent passer from deep midfield, but it disrupts the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.