Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Picked out some lovely passes through the lines in the last couple of games. And a few shockers to balance it.

thepolice123

Martial and Matic should have given him the shout for the cross. Both of them ran to the same guy and left Saint-Maxim unmarked. He over stretched for the ball because he thought no one was behind.

Rossa

Worst header of the ball of a supposedly good aerial player that I can think of. His aim is terrible and he has bo power on the ball as if there are no neck muscles at all. He wins the aerial battles more often than not, but the headers are so so soft

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Martial and Matic should have given him the shout for the cross. Both of them ran to the same guy and left Saint-Maxim unmarked. He over stretched for the ball because he thought no one was behind.
Agree. Poor header, but if one of those two had picked up Saint Maximin, then they wouldn't have scored.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It is not the first time that he refuses to kick the ball out. Against SU he also didn't kick ball out and instead passed it to De gea who was one 1m from him. All that in 6y box. I like how he is calm on the ball and tries to keep it in game but sometimes you just must to kick the ball out.

simplyared

For his actions on their goal he should be crucified. That ball should be headed out for a corner. Blindly heading the ball backwards is criminal in that situation. Apart from that he put in a good performance. Love his forward runs and the way he links up with our attacking players. There are few CB's that can do that job better than him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just glad team didn't gave up after that clearing as he was improving in the 2nd half with lot more bravery.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Might be harsh, but I wish we never brought him. I was happy when we missed out on him under Jose, but that didn't last. He has far too many weaknesses to ever be considered one of the best CB's in the world, let alone live up to his price tag.

The transfer fee means he won't be leaving any time soon either.

Who ever scouted him needs to be sacked.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I can’t watch much more of this lad in our team. There’s always a mistake on its way and every opponent believes they can score when Harry is about. Just one blunder after another and still generally adored on here and elsewhere. He cost us the goal tonight, there can’t be any argument about that, or can there? Not a great defender, not even good. Championship standard at best.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I can’t watch much more of this lad in our team. There’s always a mistake on its way and every opponent believes they can score when Harry is about. Just one blunder after another and still generally adored on here and elsewhere. He cost us the goal tonight, there can’t be any argument about that, or can there? Not a great defender, not even good. Championship standard at best.
We can and should make an upgrade on both him and Lindelof in the summer, without spending another transfer budget.

city-puma

We need to partner him with Bailly! The whole team panick in defending set pieces.

westmeath

We can and should make an upgrade on both him and Lindelof in the summer, without spending another transfer budget.
Hard to see Harry ever winning the league. Now Wes Morgan did it, so nothing is impossible but just very hard to see. I’d keep Lindelof, think he would be good if beside a competent partner.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hard to see Harry ever winning the league. Now Wes Morgan did it, so nothing is impossible but just very hard to see. I’d keep Lindelof, think he would be good if beside a competent partner.
We'll probably keep both Harry and Linde, for a simple purpose of them being the only two CB's free of injuries.

I'm afraid Bailly won't make it as the intervals between his appearances are getting too bloated for any title race in the future...

Borys

Statistics Wizard
For his actions on their goal he should be crucified. That ball should be headed out for a corner. Blindly heading the ball backwards is criminal in that situation. Apart from that he put in a good performance. Love his forward runs and the way he links up with our attacking players. There are few CB's that can do that job better than him.
That's true, however I can see why we want to avoid set pieces at all cost with De Gea in goal. It was a difficult ball to clear to be honest.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Of course there can. Not every defensive header can get out of the box and that was an awkward one. It was the lack of marking from his team-mates that screwed us. Nobody within 5 yards of their most dangerous player. How does that happen?!

Maguire had a decent game. Weird day to have a go at him.

city-puma

Of course there can. Not every defensive header can get out of the box and that was an awkward one. It was the lack of marking from his team-mates that screwed us. Nobody within 5 yards of their most dangerous player. How does that happen?!

I don’t remember a single headed clearance by lindelof today. That’s the reason Maguire had to do more.

simplyared

Yes he made a mistake on the goal. Should have headed it out for a corner. That said your opening comments are way off bro!

NinjaFletch

And that's the other thing, he's playing with a defensive partner that avoids aerials and a keeper that doesn't come for crosses. Maguire is expected to cover everything within a huge patch of grass in the box. He generally does that very well and he still gets criticised if he occasionally looks a bit awkward doing it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think he always plays pretty well but has a mistake in him every game. Might stem from the players around him but he’s definitely the better of the two CBs.

lex talionis

I cringe at the abuse Maguire takes here, but he really has to hold his hand up for the misguided header. Send it out of play FFS.

You surely also realised Martial was behind him with no man and a full view of the situation, didn’t say a fecking word.

A-man

Very mixed bag.
Aerially dominant, yet more or less assisting for the goal
Great passing, combined with horrible passing.
It was a tough match, Newcastle played pretty well and we didn’t get it to work. It is a strength to win like this on a day like this.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think he has pretty obvious limitations but he is by far and away the best centre half way we have had since the golden period.

Really harsh to criticise him for the goal tonight but his general passing was well off it.

A-man

It was not the first time we had 3 passive players watching the clearance go straight out to an opponent. It is annoying. That said, with his abilities this was a header he should have been able to direct better imo. I blame mostly the passive team mates, but also him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He is an idiot. We're blessed this wasn't looked at because it's a blatant penalty and arguably a red card...

westmeath

He is an idiot. We're blessed this wasn't looked at because it's a blatant penalty and arguably a red card...

I would say unbelievable but it’s not though is it? It’s quite typical.

AFC NimbleThumb

No player is beyond mistakes, everybody makes them but when after every other game forensic analysis about how your Best CB did or didn’t feck up has to be undertaken then there’s an issue.

I actually feel sorry for the CB we but that’s meant to do their own job & cover for this guy.

westmeath

I’ve watched it again and again after you posted just to see if I can see the “awkwardness” of that header. I tried but can’t.

It was so easy to just put it out for a corner.

None of his teammates could have expected him to place it on a platter for the opponent’s most dangerous player.

Its a terrible mistake

spiriticon

That is brilliant, can't believe I missed that :lol:.

He should have followed up with a Hulk Hogan leg drop for good measure

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No player is beyond mistakes, everybody makes them but when after every other game forensic analysis about how your Best CB did or didn’t feck up has to be undertaken then there’s an issue.

I actually feel sorry for the CB we but that’s meant to do their own job & cover for this guy.
Have a look at the Van Dijk thread. Ever since they signed him there’s a bunch of posts trying to claim it’s his fault after every goal Liverpool concede, if he’s even vaguely involved. The fact that people who don’t rate him on here are trying to blame him for every goal we concede means feck all.

Cast5

Imagine the meltdown in this thread if he’d have headed it out for a corner and they scored from the corner :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Watching it back, he did nothing wrong with that header. There looks to be a bit of a mix-up between Matic and Martial as both get dragged to the back post which leaves one less player to mark St Max. Arguably this was Martial's fault because Matic goes to cover his man whereas he goes nowhere (although that might be harsh).

It was unlucky that it went straight into St Max's path as 9/10 there's no danger there.

This might have been mentioned 800 times already.

OverratedOpinion

Played every single premier league game since he signed for us... which is amazing considering how none of our CBs are ever fit.

He might not be another Rio.. but he is the best we have had in years.. and he is always present.. AND.. he is the biggest goal threat we have had in a long time.. Probably more of a threat than Vidic (though he doesnt attack the ball like Vidic).. Also, the gets forward pretty well when we are in command..

A few errors in him.. but I'm glad we have him..
He is a decent player but my god "goal threat" is right. His accuracy when he gets into decent heading positions is atrocious. He should be scoring 6 or 7 a season with the amount of headers he wins from corners yet he has the same number of goals as Wan Bissaka this season.

united for life

I see a lot of blame on him for the goal. He’s not at fault. Martial was supposed to be covering but he just ran towards the ball and left his man.

but overall, maguire is not a leader at the back. The responsibility is too much. Sign ramos and let him benefit from a proper leader next to him

Status
Not open for further replies.