Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Pogba, Fred and Cavani are too tbf. No idea what all the moaning is about, it's been a good weekend for us!
Great weekend for us. The players are running on fumes. Rashford is clearly carrying an injury. The stats from the game are a carbon copy of how city faired against Brighton at home a few weeks ago.

Red00012

Great weekend for us. The players are running on fumes. Rashford is clearly carrying an injury. The stats from the game are a carbon copy of how city faired against Brighton at home a few weeks ago.
On here Rashford is carrying an injury since he was 16 and will carry it until he’s 86. Give it a rest FFS

GueRed

if he was Argentinian, Brazilian, Serbian, Italian, Nigerian, Irish, French.....anything but English!.. our fanbase would rate him.

Mr Smith

if he was Argentinian, Brazilian, Serbian, Italian, Nigerian, Irish, French.....anything but English!.. our fanbase would rate him.
That's not true; the criticisms of Maguire are valid, its got nothing to do with his nationality. He lacks pace and can be exposed on the break, and is prone to lapses in concentration and outright brain-farts. That said, he was really good today, and has been putting in consistently solid performances for a couple of months now. He deserves a lot of praise for that consistency.

Ludens the Red

Played well.

I’m baffled by how much criticism he gets outside of United.
I mean he’s not perfect but he’s a lot better than people make out.

And the amount of Centre backs people claim are better than him is laughable.
Hilariously three of them had absolute shockers in the last week. Stones, Mings and Evans.

Dve

Another solid game from Maguire. He´s had a good season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Played well.

Hilariously three of them had absolute shockers in the last week. Stones, Mings and Evans.
And Silva

Amarsdd

Played well.

It's hip and cool to make fun of Maguire.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Funny how the Maguire transfer has had the far most scrutiny when in fact the AWB one is looking the worst value one now after 18 months.

Maguire isn't worth 80m we all knew that but he's still a good CB. AWB is barely a top 10 PL fullback.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Funny how the Maguire transfer has had the far most scrutiny when in fact the AWB one is looking the worst value one now after 18 months.

Maguire isn't worth 80m we all knew that but he's still a good CB. AWB is barely a top 10 PL fullback.
You just can't compliment a player without putting another one down, fan you?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You just can't compliment a player without putting another one down, fan you?
Wan Bissaka is shite pal. Knew it when we signed him. Knew it after 6 months and still know it now. He's the death of nearly every good attack we have. He can't head. He can't pass. He can't cross. He's bad positionally.

Maguire has actually been a decent signing even if overpriced.

TheReligion

Abusive
Wan Bissaka is shite pal. Knew it when we signed him. Knew it after 6 months and still know it now. He's the death of nearly every good attack we have. He can't head. He can't pass. He can't cross. He's bad positionally.

Maguire has actually been a decent signing even if overpriced.
Do you not see value in perceverence with him? He's 23 and making some improvements I feel.

Sylar

Was expecting a penalty and red against him especially with dean in charge
Replay shows mike dean did well

He had another good game
100th game is ridiculous, for what 2 seasons?

Classical Mechanic

Played well.

There was a Leicester fan on here claiming recently that all their centre backs were better than him and that United would look a lot better with any of their CBs next to Lindelof. This despite the fact they’ve conceded more goals than us this season and that we conceded 1/3 of our goals in the first 3 games after having no pre-season. Take out the first 3 games for both sides and our defence is has been significantly better than Leicester’s.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There was a Leicester fan on here claiming recently that all their centre backs were better than him and that United would look a lot better with any of their CBs next to Lindelof. This despite the fact they’ve conceded more goals than us this season and that we conceded 1/3 of our goals in the first 3 games after having no pre-season. Take out the first 3 games for both sides and our defence is has been significantly better than Leicester’s.
With Ndidi playing in midfield for them too.

I think this is all down to expectations from the fans.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Do you not see value in perceverence with him? He's 23 and making some improvements I feel.
No. He's not good enough and never will be. The fact he can't make an England squad even when Trent isn't there says it all.

We got mugged by Palace. Awful signing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No. He's not good enough and never will be. The fact he can't make an England squad even when Trent isn't there says it all.

We got mugged by Palace. Awful signing.
That's based on your opinion not fact because in my view Bissaka is good enough for us, still young and showing improvement. And if we are using your logic means Steve Bruce wasn't good enough and never was because he couldn't make an England squad.

The fact you inserted Bissaka into Maguire's topic means there is unreliability about your opinion as it looks like you are just pure Bissaka hater.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Fred is not English and lot of people don't rate him. Everytime I see the comments, their comments always based on his price tag means their dissatisfaction are biased based on price tag. 20m-40m, less people will moaning and instead defending him.

Jonno

Brilliant defender, top class as usual, top class since he signed.

Unfairly bashed every week because of his fee, nationality, large head and his arrest on holdiay.

A players value is based on demand, we overpaid for him but I don't care, he has played a crucial role in securing us back to back top finishes for the first time post Fergie, so his transfer premium tax has paid for itself and some.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That's based on your opinion not fact because in my view Bissaka is good enough for us, still young and showing improvement. And if we are using your logic means Steve Bruce wasn't good enough and never was because he couldn't make an England squad.

The fact you inserted Bissaka into Maguire's topic means there is unreliability about your opinion as it looks like you are just pure Bissaka hater.
Dont care what you think tbh. Maguire was overpriced but still has a decent future for us. Wan Bissaka won't be first team regular for much longer. Just too many flaws in his game. Can't give him the ball for starters.

I do wonder what game some of you watch. He's like England's 6th choice right back. Says it all.

Ludens the Red

It's hip and cool to make fun of Maguire.
Yup, literally that.

Yep :lol: I was very close to going into the Leicester thread and pointing out yet another defensive collapse of theirs. None of Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu are more consistent than Maguire. The amount of times that defence has collapsed, especially at home, this season, is remarkable.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Dont care what you think tbh. Maguire was overpriced but still has a decent future for us. Wan Bissaka won't be first team regular for much longer. Just too many flaws in his game. Can't give him the ball for starters.

I do wonder what game some of you watch. He's like England's 6th choice right back. Says it all.
The fact you don't care about what other posters think show that you are just hating on player based on first impression and refuse to accept anything different/alternative for consideration and evaluation that your view has potential to be wrong. This is where the false and biases in your opinion because in reality they are not fact. Fact and opinion are different. Once again, using your logic, Steve Bruce wasn't good enough for us just because he couldn't make into England squad, which false.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The fact you don't care about what other posters think show that you are just hating and refuse to accept anything different/alternative for consideration and evaluation that your view has potential to be wrong. This is where the false and biases in your opinion because in reality they are not fact. Fact and opinion are different. Once again, using your logic, Steve Bruce wasn't good enough because he couldn't make an England squad.
Entitled to your opinion but if you can't see the gaping flaws in his game then there's no hope for you mate. Not even Pep could make this guy into a good player.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Already made his 100th appearance for us which is kind of ridiculous.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Entitled to your opinion but if you can't see the gaping flaws in his game then there's no hope for you mate. Not even Pep could make this guy into a good player.
Again, opinion is different to fact. You only stated an opinion, it is not fact. The fact there are different alternative views that tackle your view shows there is uncertainty in what you are saying, after all it's opinion not fact.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Again, opinion is different to fact. You only stated an opinion, it is not fact. The fact there are different alternative views that tackle your view shows there is uncertainty in what you are saying, after all it's opinion not fact.
These alternative views are the same people who were calling him the best right right in England and some even in Europe when he signed.

New flash: A lot of our fans are clueless.

GueRed

That's not true; the criticisms of Maguire are valid, its got nothing to do with his nationality. He lacks pace and can be exposed on the break, and is prone to lapses in concentration and outright brain-farts. That said, he was really good today, and has been putting in consistently solid performances for a couple of months now. He deserves a lot of praise for that consistency.
What centre-back in europe hasnt had the odd laspe in concentration?

Maguire hasnt had had half the number of brainfarts since his arrival compared to Bailly and Lindelof, yet out the three he is the one getting the most disrespect and abuse on the internet/social media.

Maguire has been one of the best centre-backs in the Premier League this season. But being English counts against him by most of the fanbase it seems.

hubbuh

The fact you don't care about what other posters think show that you are just hating on player based on first impression and refuse to accept anything different/alternative for consideration and evaluation that your view has potential to be wrong. This is where the false and biases in your opinion because in reality they are not fact. Fact and opinion are different. Once again, using your logic, Steve Bruce wasn't good enough for us just because he couldn't make into England squad, which false.
AWB is nothing like Steve Bruce. Bruce not getting a cap is a famously well documented national joke with scores of articles written about it, no one is doing that for AWB. It's not a valid point.

Status
Not open for further replies.