Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

It's not people don't understand, it's about whether you are willing to understand it. You are not willing to do it because all the stats I gave you don't suit your argument. We are not talking 5-10 games of average here, we are talking about 30+ games of average per 90 minutes. It's not possible to have high number based on those overall 30+ games if you are not consistent enough. For example, you only give me clips of 4-5 Lindelof's long passes that directly to forward's chance creation, the stats of chances created or key passes don't show high number because he doesn't do it in consistent basis in those 30+ games.

When I gave you the variety of progressive ball that Maguire made in total earlier in this thread, you chose to ignore them but only focus on one aspect of his passing style to Shaw. This is where my argument started, why are you focussing on one aspect to judge the quality of player's ball playing? And you couldn't give me an explanation for it.

If you combine that information with the information of the one game stats as sample, and the information of the per 90 mins stats. It gives you understanding the more variety what Maguire offers in his ball playing ability.

This is what you don't understand. Ball playing centre back's main task is not to create chance but to build up the play from the back, to dictate, to supply the ball progressively to your attackers or your creative players. Creating chances is not their job, that's why their chances created numbers are relatively low. Even Lindelof's chance created total are equal to Maguire in this league, it doesn't reflect to quality of ball playing ability. Thus, it's wrong to judge quality of ball playing ability based on that because chances created is for our front four and full backs jobs. Agree?
Just because Lindelof also creates chances with his passes doesn’t mean can’t contribute in other ways. In your stats he has basically the same number of forward passes as Maguire.

Anyway I’m out of this endless discussion.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just because Lindelof also creates chances with his passes doesn’t mean can’t contribute in other ways. In your stats he has basically the same number of forward passes as Maguire.

Anyway I’m out of this endless discussion.
Once again, you are only looking at one single aspect. What about other aspects? Why do you refuse to look at their overall?

You should judge their ball playing ability quality based on overall not based on one aspect, agree? Come on mate, let's not make things so difficult by forcing things to suit your argument.

criticalanalysis

Once again, you are only looking at one single aspect. What about other aspects? Why do you refuse to look at their overall?

You should judge their ball playing ability quality based on overall not based on one aspect, agree? Come on mate, let's not make things so difficult by forcing things to suit your argument.
He genuinely believes Lindelof is as good and contributes as much passing wise as Maguire. When someone is so far bias with an opinion, you're never going to prove them otherwise.

I don't like Lindelof as a defender but I can 'accept' others thinking he is good and having the belief he performs to a good standard. But thinking he actually impacts the game as much as Maguire on the ball? They're almost the polar opposites on the ball. Safe and clean compared to brave and aggressive, yet somehow they're equal? Mental.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Ole about to break a promise when Harry puts his own name on the team sheet.

slored1

Please be fine, please be fine... Such an unnecessary injury, freak accident as well.

el3mel

Hopefully nothing serious. We don't need him for the rest of the league games so better wrap him up till EL final.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hopefully nothing more than a couple games out. Cannot afford to lose him for the EL final.

Really need him for the final, don't care about the league as CL is secured. Would be nice to beat Pool though. Thankfully it looked more like a shin or ankle injury rather than a knee, higher probability he'll be back in time. Absolute warrior is Maguire, insane that those are the first league minutes he's missed for us since signing.

Ludens the Red

Fingers crossed it’s not too bad. It wasn’t long but it felt like a gaping hole was missing in our defence when he went off.
Did look more like a bad knock than a twist.

Dr Foo

We can appreciate his value more with this injury scare - no other CB we have that come in and fill you with confidence or reliability

theklr

We’ll know by Tuesday with the scan, but man Bailly better step up now. Our chances against L’Pool are looking worse

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I’m never convinced with him. Always an accident waiting to happen, but admittedly he’s better than the other CBS that we have. Hopefully he recovers early.

I think we can live without him for Leicester as they know him rather too well, so it might be a disadvantage for us, but we definitely need him for the dippers game.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I honestly don’t understand how you can look at this season and describe Maguire as “an accident waiting to happen”.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m never convinced with him. Always an accident waiting to happen, but admittedly he’s better than the other CBS that we have. Hopefully he recovers early.

I think we can live without him for Leicester as they know him rather too well, so it might be a disadvantage for us, but we definitely need him for the dippers game.
Not sure why. He's easily our best CB and has been in great form for the majority of the season. The stats when he got injured showing he was 1st in every defensive category backed that up as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I honestly don’t understand how you can look at this season and describe Maguire as “an accident waiting to happen”.
He's the first CB we've had in years that makes me calm when he is on the ball.

SATA

He’s a fit lad and quick healer. Here’s hoping he makes the final and play some minutes in the last league game of the season

Real Name

Accident waiting to happened is a notion that stayed from the beginning of the season and its simply not true now.
Sure he sometimes makes mistakes just like any other cb but he's been in a fine form for months now, calm, reliable and always available.
This injury has come in the worst possible time, hopefully he'll be ready for the final.

Chicharo

Feck this. We have to stop the Scousers for obvious reasons, other than that, just hope he will be fit for the final. Apart from that game rest everybody, I don't care

Red_toad

He’s a fit lad and quick healer. Here’s hoping he makes the final and play some minutes in the last league game of the season
Walked off the beating from the Greek Police in the summer, I'm sure he'll be back for the dippers. Ole's playing mind games :devil:

3KDré

You can see the difference in our defence when he went off. Villa took control of the ball and we had to defend deep. There's more to a defence than just having good defenders, having players that can make everyone else around them a bit more calm with their passing and communication is really important. Exactly why we looked better and more in control when Matic came on too. Individually Maguire might not be the quickest or the most agile but he clearly helps everyone else around him position themselves better and act calmer.

always_hoping

“Hopefully [the Europa League final] will be okay with Harry but I don’t know,” Solskjaer said.

“We need to check it. It might be a few weeks or a month — we don’t know.

“It was his calf or lower leg. I think the player landed on him and he twisted something.”

---------------

Will be a massive blow if he misses the Europa league final, fingers and toes crossed he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.