Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Can you see me now? Can you see me?

I'm gonna go home and drink a Bud, because Coors don't pay me shit.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The people who said he is the one that needs replacing look stupid now! Ha! That’s my single victory from tonight.

I am so depressed. :(

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's one of the best CBs in the world so it's not surprising the drop off when he's out. As I've said since we signed him, only Shaw is on his level.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's just different level to Lindelof & Bailly. It's so clear even before this game if you pay attention on the game.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We 100% need to sign someone who can partner him and also make us stronger for the games we don't have Maguire. Dias was by far the most important signing for City this season and did even revitalised Stones.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I mean it was obvious from day one that he levelled up our defence so it says a lot about those who haven't appreciated him

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Anyone who doubts his quality just needs to think long and hard about the defensive performance they've just seen.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well I eat my own words. This man makes our defence.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I hope people didn’t need today’s game to see his value. Otherwise I need to question if they have been watching us at all this season.
Our best CB and one of our few players who can pass and is comfortable with the thing which is called ball.

croadyman

Tonight just shows how vital he is to the team. It seems we shit the bed when he isn’t playing. We must sign a top CB to partner him next season.
Yeah just praying that Ole can see he needs a better partner than Lindelof/Bailly but won't hold my breath

CM10

I'd be tempted to say Matic should start in his place in the Europa final if Maguire isn't fit for it. The defence was really poor in his absence, and although Matic wouldn't be as good he has the organisational skills and is composed with the ball at his feet. Left footer too.

izec

We have been conceding the same type of goals with him playing recently.
We dont concede 4 with him tonight. And a player can do as much if you have calamity GKs behind you, scared Lindelöf next to you and McTominay and Fred in front of you stinking up the place. All these players around him, bar Shaw, who had a stinker as well tonight, are absolutely useless. The last time i checked, football is still a team sport and the defensive unit has to work. If 5 out of 6 players have mares, you concede stupid goals.

Tonight just showed how useless these players are, they got brutally exposed.

Zoo

I wish some people would make their minds up though, Liverpool have played the whole season without Virgil van Dijk yet most say that has nothing to do with their bad season. Is missing your best defender an excuse or not.
Your kidding that’s all anyone talks about in the media. Their title defence has been an embarrassment but that doesn’t get said because of what happened to Van Dijk.

mu4c_20le

We definitely missed his leadership, though I'm not sure how he could have prevented Henderson from spilling the shot.

tjb

The fact some donkeys don’t rate him is embarrassing. @Schmeichel's Cartwheel

What a shambles we were at the back tonight.
He takes on so much responsibility for us. Hardly has a bad game. Had a 2 to 3 game blip in form due to being a convict in Greece and our fans abandon him. Its his look, which is all the more disgraceful.

I've seen people on here say Lindelof is the better partner ( mainly off of mistakes brought upon by Lindelof himself). This is a guy that led to us conceding 52 goals in 2018/19. He has no presence in duels, constantly carried by brilliant defending of both Maguire and AWB. Yet somehow gets away with consistently average performance because his presence is so small that he barely gets noticed. Same goes for Mctominay. We have a habit of attacking our biggest personalities in favour of average players who are being carried.

criticalanalysis

He takes on so much responsibility for us. Hardly has a bad game. Had a 2 to 3 game blip in form due to being a convict in Greece and our fans abandon him. Its his look, which is all the more disgraceful.

I've seen people on here say Lindelof is the better partner ( mainly off of mistakes brought upon by Lindelof himself). This is a guy that led to us conceding 52 goals in 2018/19. He has no presence in duels, constantly carried by brilliant defending of both Maguire and AWB. Yet somehow gets away with consistently average performance because his presence is so small that he barely gets noticed. Same goes for Mctominay. We have a habit of attacking our biggest personalities in favour of average players who are being carried.
Read a few pages back. Someone systematically broke down in stats (and just by watching) how Maguire is the better passer and more progressive on the ball. One of Lindelof's superfan basically ignore all of that and said 'actually nah I think they are of equal quality'. Shameful stuff.

tjb

Read a few pages back. Someone systematically broke down in stats (and just by watching) how Maguire is the better passer and more progressive on the ball. One of Lindelof's superfan basically ignore all of that and said 'actually nah I think they are of equal quality'. Shameful stuff.
All you need to do is watch the games. Look how much Maguire has to hold the ball because our midfielders are too scared to play progressive passes. He and Bruno take on by far the most responsibility on the team. Yet people are so quick to call them out because, their passing percentage is low ( due to taking risks alone in attack), their caught out for pace ( due to adjusting their position to cover the defensive partner)....

Same thing used to happen with Pogba when he played with Fellaini and Herrera. Those two would lose balls, consistently get relieved of the ball, yet Pogba would take the blame. Same thing happened to Lukaku and Ibra, Mhiki,Mata,Rashford and Martial would do nothing during a game. Those two would have a missed chance or a bad touch and because they actually attempted to do something, that would be the talking point in our games.

redshaw

I'm happier when he's there and haven't been on his back like a lot on here, he's pretty good and praying he's back for the final but lets not forget he was playing in Rome and Istanbul and Spurs at home plus others. I'd say the courtcase may have some effect with Spurs 6-1 but watching the Spurs game with Harry and Lindleof getting dragged all over then months later probably the most farcical defending by any major club in Istanbul, the De Gea onslaught in Rome just recently, we switch off whoever plays at any stage of the season, whether it's Harry or Bailly.

Mentality of the team is a big factor, you can see we thought we'd already won in Istanbul, took it easy in Rome and produced and onslaught for DeGea. Had to respond to two Roma goals at home very early on. We concede the first goal often and shit the bed when there's not much riding on the game. We usually kick into gear once going a goal or two down even when Super Harry is playing and he was no help in Rome.

We're also still very poor at playing out from the back and have two very poor passing midfielders in Fred and McTominay in front of our defence. Tonight both of them gave it away one after the other setting up an attack for Liverpool, they're playing the worst ever right now.

Last edited:

MyDevil

Leaked 6 goals without him. That says enough.

We really lack leadership at the back in these 2 games.

Last edited:

Oldyella

Yeah just praying that Ole can see he needs a better partner than Lindelof/Bailly but won't hold my breath
If after last night he can't see that..

Problem is it also showed we need a new midfielder and right sided attacker too..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Have conceded nine goals in three matches in the last week where he hasn't played.

Hope nobody doubts his quality again.

GueRed

As well as his defensive qualities his leadership is a massive miss at the back.

Anyone who still doesnt rate Maguire as an positive figure in our team is beyond help.

Status
Not open for further replies.