Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He is more suited to a team playing low block counter attacking football. So he doesn't have too much space behind him.
Always thought he was best in a back three, but at the moment his game seems to have gone to pieces, even in a back three now he would struggle.
Watching him it seems to be unaware of opponents around him, and no where near as dominant as he once was.
I feared the worst on Sunday when I saw the Maguire and Lindelof partnership back.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
CDM? I think it's time we tried him there. He is a good header of the ball, he can tackle, can pass better than McTominay, not that slower than McTominay.
This is madness. Guy can't play well in a position he's played in for years and people are suggesting we put him in midfield. If there is any semblance of a meritocracy in the club (there hasn't been for years imo), he'd be sold first thing in the summer. I don't see him as this guy who can "pass better than McTominay". It's one thing to pass around in the centre back role. Another thing higher up the pitch in midfield. Maguire already falls to pieces when he gets pressed. It'll be a disaster of epic proportions if he plays in midfield.

Wing Attack Plan R

Maybe the solution is just to accept that we’ll have to play that way while we’ve got these players.

Give Southgate a three year contract then move him on when the likes of Harry’s have expired.

It won’t be pretty and we’ll almost certainly win nothing, but at least it seems like a plan.
Agreed. I think it's why he was better last season. Ole had us counter attack, he was able to sit more. Harry will look better playing for Southgate than RR, but I don't think United fans want us to play like England (I certainly don't).

Wing Attack Plan R

CDM? I think it's time we tried him there. He is a good header of the ball, he can tackle, can pass better than McTominay, not that slower than McTominay.
I disagree with all this. He's a terrible tackler, he can't pass better than McTominay, and McTominy runs backwards faster than Maguire can run forwards. It's time we tried him sat on the bench.

Based Adnan

Always something with him every week

No idea why he's considered undroppable by Ralf. Everyone knows the decision that needs to be made re Maguire and he's just passed it on to the next manager.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s a menace! Need to get Varane to mark him more often

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Thought he was very good tonight to be honest,
Didn't put a foot wrong and the own goal wasn't really his fault, he had to play the ball and wasn't to know the player was offside.
Was solid throughout.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Bad own goal which everyone will go over the top about but otherwise decent performance against the most in form striker in the league.

Trequarista10

He's properly cursed. He's an average defender, but everything is going wrong for him at the moment. He's not that bad.

Greck

Harry Maguire endorsement in a nutshell: "Excluding the frequent gamebreaking mistakes he's a good defender".

So why did we even can Phil Jones if we were always okay with this?

Long Time Red

Bad own goal which everyone will go over the top about but otherwise decent performance against the most in form striker in the league.
He's been incredibly shit recently but he was decent today.

Unfortunate own goals happen, at least he tried to deal with it today rather than leave it for someone else to deal with.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He actually had a pretty decent game before the calamity. I'm not expecting much balance here though.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I know that everyone is going to be all over Maguire for the own goal, but what is he supposed to do there? If he doesn't try to block the cross Tottenham has a tap in. It was unlucky and there will be over reactions because it's Maguire and people are just looking for reasons to hate on him. I'm more concerned at how Tottenham got into that area so easily. Maguire played well today and was unlucky on that play...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He's been incredibly shit recently but he was decent today.

Unfortunate own goals happen, at least he tried to deal with it today rather than leave it for someone else to deal with.
True, but most won't look at it like that. When people have a hate for someone they look for reasons to hate them more.

Ole'sattheWheel

He was alright - unlucky with the OG though. He had to get something on it with Kane? lurking behind.
Romero screaming in his face was so embarrassing though - not captain material atall

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Captain parody. Someone should make a youtube video of his displays with the benny Hill theme song

lsd

The Oracle
I know that everyone is going to be all over Maguire for the own goal, but what is he supposed to do there? If he doesn't try to block the cross Tottenham has a tap in. It was unlucky and there will be over reactions because it's Maguire and people are just looking for reasons to hate on him. I'm more concerned at how Tottenham got into that area so easily. Maguire played well today and was unlucky on that play...

It wouldn't have been a goal if he didn't touch it

MemeFather

he was avg before the own goal.
No fecking technical ability. just turns around passes to de geal, kills of the pressure we had on spurs.
He is so fecking slow at everything. I saw atleast 2 fouls on Kane that the ref missed, just clatters and mow people down in dangerous areas.

the own goal just adds to it. If ragnick keeps playing him im gonna turn on him too

AFC NimbleThumb

You waste no time :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Maguire had any awareness he'd know the man behind him was offside. He did a lot of good today but that goal was a reminder that he can only defend when the game is ahead of him. Just not an elite level centre back. £80m was about three or four times his true value.

unitedrulez84

Thought Sancho should have blocked the path (Son's pass to Reguillon) for Spurs 2nd goal there. Not sure why he was hesitant and slowed down.

united for life

Will any manager have balls to bench him? He is atrocious
not sure why anyone wouldn’t. It’s not as if they’d be dropping Ramos. It’s Maguire. Terrible. He just needs to go. He will be better off without the pressure of the shirt….and the armband for sure!

dave2528

He actually had a pretty decent game before the calamity. I'm not expecting much balance here though.
I mean, he didn't really do much at all prior to that but then, that's him summed up all nice and tidy. He's almost always snatching utter embarrassment from what would have been an anonymous display.

L1nk

Aside from the OG that I was reactionarily angry about he played well enough. My real issue with him is that whenever he plays our defense feels less sure of itself and seems like it's due a calamitous moment or two

jesperjaap

Thought he was very good tonight to be honest,
Didn't put a foot wrong and the own goal wasn't really his fault, he had to play the ball and wasn't to know the player was offside.
Was solid throughout.
I think he had a reasonable game bar the own goal, but no doubt we need a centre back this summer....again

Status
Not open for further replies.