Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexdegea

Worse game I've seen from a centre back in a while. Ole shouldn't have started him, but Jesus he couldn't even do basics right you don't need to be fit to know a player is coming onto you and to just stand there looking at the ball like it's going to magically appear at your feet. Positioning shocking as well.

he's the captain, and he's making at least a massive lapse in judgement every game

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Nightmare performance from beginning to end sadly; hopefully he can put it behind him immediately as we have no time to rebuild his confidence the way things are.

Red00012

All 4 for me. The 3rd probably the least of the bunch but I mean it's on him and his partner to make sure Jamie Vardy doesn't have 5 yards of space in our box
He’s definitely at fault for the 3rd, Vardy is free and Lindelof is behind him both go out and then take a step back together like synchronised shit defending.

Manny

Grammar Police
I feel like he gets rattled far too easily then his game just falls apart

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Let’s not kid ourselves he was shocking before the injury too, in the very same game he got injured he lost the ball needlessly in a dangerous position that really could have cost us. It’s how he’s been playing all season. The injury is just another excuse.

red4ever 79

Wasnt his fault he started. Ole has smiled and saw him train once, asked him how he feels and Harry said 'I'm ok boss' If that's the approach to elite level football where fitness and reaction times are punished if they are slightly off, then thats the Molde in Ole.
It's like Sunday football level. How you feeling Jack, you had a few beers last night, can you play

GMoore23

Shouldn't be our captain, Not a natural leader and doesn't deal with pressure all that well.
Shouldn't have been playing today though, that's on Ole.

big rons sovereign

All 4 for me. The 3rd probably the least of the bunch but I mean it's on him and his partner to make sure Jamie Vardy doesn't have 5 yards of space in our box
4th was the worst for me, he just stood still while his man sauntered past him.
I've always thought.he was shite but today was the worst of it.

RuudtheRed

He's usually a decent defender but he was woeful today. His form has been bad this season for pretty long now. Don't think he inspires confidence in the squad as a captain and has no business shouting at others to wake up. The problem is as the captain Ole seems to view him as undroppable even with poor spells of form, so Lindelof will undoubtedly get the hook once Varane is fit again

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Quick someone hand him a new deal with higher wages for no reason at all! Feel for next manager if he doesn't rate him, we're stuck with him if it happens.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
3rd is definitely on him, he tries to get closer to Vardy and at the last moment backs out for some reason and ended up in no man's land. It's the corner one I'm not sure if he could have done better. But feel he was largely unaware of positions of others around him

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's not. He was average most of the time. Making silly mistakes some costing us, some not. People blamed Lindeloff and said he needs a better partner and all that yadda yadda shit.
Have some of you completely forgotten how bad he was at the beginning of last season?
First 4 or 5 games I'll give you but we all know there was well documented circumstances affecting him.

daveskimufc

I knew when we signed a better defender he would get found out.
You’re dead right
I foolishly didn’t, I believed that having a world class partner would give him a bit less pressure and we would have a cb pairing to worry other challenging teams.

he truly has been woeful this season.

Ole wouldn’t dare drop his captain

FatTails

I think I’d like to see Varane and Lindelof get some extended time together at some point. They’re both better on the ball, have decent pace, and I think they might build a good partnership. Harry is just too clunky on the ball, not as bad as someone like Smalling, but one of the factors that make us not press resistant.

What we’d be sacrificing is Harry is a lot better in the air than Lindelof, but part of me thinks that might be an OK sacrifice to make. We’d also be getting Lindelof’s better long passing.

James_42

Lindelof has been far better than him this season. Even though he is the captain, Lindelof should take his place when Varane is fit again.

Ole probably shouldn't have played him, but even before the recent injury he has been really poor this season.

If Ole doesn't play him then it makes him look stupid for paying 80m for him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
3rd is definitely on him, he tries to get closer to Vardy and at the last moment backs out for some reason and ended up in no man's land. It's the corner one I'm not sure if he could have done better. But feel he was largely unaware of positions of others around him
Possibly, though his movement was so sluggish and non existant the whole day (probably because he wasn't moving properly anyway due to not being fit) that I can't help but think he'd have moved out with everyone normally.

Basically all four goals were due to him not moving as he should, which has to be in some part due to a fitness thing for me.

anant

Possibly, though his movement was so sluggish and non existant the whole day (probably because he wasn't moving properly anyway due to not being fit) that I can't help but think he'd have moved out with everyone normally.

Basically all four goals were due to him not moving as he should, which has to be in some part due to a fitness thing for me.
I don't mind a defender losing duels honestly. The issue with him was that he turned off at least twice - which resulted in the 1st and last goal and his decision for the 3rd goal was terribly poor - the worst decision he could have chosen there

I don't blame him, he should not have been on the pitch. He was playing a second behind everybody else.

Raven

He should be fecking ashamed of that. Never seen a performance that bad at this level.

Guapa

He's just not that good.Not a leader either.Give Bruno the arm band.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Is this guy bigger than the club or something? I don't get how he gets special privileges. He starts all the time regardless of form or fitness, he's been made captain straight away and he's the first name on the team sheet. Is he the one dictating when he should play?

I would understand if he was a Keane or Bryan Robson type figure, but he's an above-average CB. I just don't get this utter desperation to play him

izec

I'm honestly furious about his performance today.
He should have never been on the pitch. Ole fecked him over. He started badly, and then you throw him in half fit against Leicester away, while we are out of form anyway, is a receipt for disaster.

Ole is known for playing half fit players that he relies on, did the same with Harry, Luke, Bruno and Rashford in the past. It almost never pays off. He continues to do so.

PoTMS

Another signing that Ole made who is average as feck.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
What actually are his strengths supposed to be? I don’t get it. Awful player.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If only we signed him when he left Hull for a quarter of the price then this wouldn’t have ended up looking so ridiculous, no matter how the press portray him. On top of Wan Bissaka and now Sancho. 200 million :lol:

anant

If only we signed him when he left Hull for a quarter of the price then this wouldn’t have ended up looking so ridiculous, no matter how the press portray him. On top of Wan Bissaka and now Sancho. 200 million :lol:
Let's not overblow this. He isn't a bad signing. He is a top top defender, among the best in the world and does produce 7/10 performance more often than not, despite some weaknesses. The issue is on his bad days, he is terribly bad, worse than Lindelof on his bad days as well (and just better than Bailly on his bad days) and gives a 2-3/10 performance

redshaw

Rushed back for sure but overrated as well, he reminded me today of a boxer who's got up from a knockout he was that poor. Maguire and AWB cost £130 million but have huge drawbacks in ability and speed. Ole should have seen he's in no shape and pretty much admitted it was a mistake in bringing him back like that post match

Like I said though when people were praising him around the Europa final and afterwards in how good he was. He played in many poor games like away to Roma where we got our arses smacked, should've been 8-2 to Roma, De Gea was in god rebound mode. Maguire all over the shop against Istanbul and many more. He's a solid enough PL player that can head you out of danger at times and can go long without injury but needs time to get back to fitness, he's slow when fit and can be exposed. last season when we got smashed by Spurs 6-1 6-2 or whatever he was again making silly mistakes, very slow and getting drawn in, he had the court case still on going but again looks very shaky for most of this season. Varane and Lindelof look the best combo. Harry is not helping keeping the goals out in the last 12-18 months, we have a shocking goals against and he looks awful many times in embarrassing defeats.

He'sRaldo

Is this guy bigger than the club or something? I don't get how he gets special privileges. He starts all the time regardless of form or fitness, he's been made captain straight away and he's the first name on the team sheet. Is he the one dictating when he should play?

I would understand if he was a Keane or Bryan Robson type figure, but he's an above-average CB. I just don't get this utter desperation to play him
This. I just can't believe he's captain and undroppable.

Just shows how low we've sunk really.

spiriticon

Today was a solid -1/10 from him. I haven't seen a performance like that since the 6-1 vs Spurs last year. Bravo.

To be fair to him, he was clearly unfit. Ole takes a portion of the blame for this utter desecration of a performance.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He was poor, but I can't even blame him. He's been overplayed and for some reason Ole rushes him back despite Harry playing terribly this season.

There were some people getting angry at me for saying Rio had much more ability on the ball than Maguire :lol:
I think he's a good defender mind, but how can one honestly watch these past few games and get upset at a comment like that.

Manny

Grammar Police
I don't blame him, he should not have been on the pitch. He was playing a second behind everybody else.
The alternative would have been playing Bailly, so we still would have lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.