Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Does he have a contract till 2025? Please don't tell me we gave him a 6 year contract :houllier:

mu4c_20le

I said I wanted Varane Lindelof at the start of the season and got green smilies...

acnumber9

That this man is captain of Manchester United baffles me. Whatever you think of him as an actual player, and I don’t rate him, what characteristics does he have that makes him a captain. He’s got zero mental fortitude.

lex talionis

Mates, Harry is nowhere close to being fit. Watch him run today like a man wearing cement shoes. He was more than a decent CB before his recent fitness issues.

Alejandro Angel

The worst ever individual defensive performance I can remember from anyone at this club. It's unfair that someone can perform so poorly in their job with no repercussions. That's our club captain, and that's an absolute disgrace.
He has been absolutely shite since the coming back from the euros. Over 90percent of the goals in the last three games have been mostly his fault.
Must be dropped.
Couldn't agree with you more.
We used to complain about smalling and Rojo, at this minute I would prefer to see any of them even Jones would have done better.
Must be dropped.

Classical Mechanic

Even as a Maguire 'fan' I don't think he should be captain when the new manager comes in. Personally I think he'll be a very player for us going forward but not as a team leader.

AFC NimbleThumb

Our captain can’t even look the interviewer in the eyes let alone his teammates.

He’s done NOTHING in the game.

Oranges038

Doesn't even look bothered in the interview.

Just coming out with drivel.

Fluctuation0161

I suspect he is not fit following injury and has been rushed back because Varane is now also injured.

Ole should've just gone with the fully fit pair of bailly and lindelof.

Based Adnan

Conveniently says it's not worth blaming people as he was one of the worst performers on the day and has been so far this season

Roboc7

Awful, will be vulnerable when a new manager arrives and would expect him to lose the Captaincy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Been a fecking disaster so far this season. His place in the team under a new manager is far from guaranteed.

lex talionis

That’s how he always looks.
Perhaps. I’m twice his age but I fancy my chances of beating Harry Maguire in a 40 meter foot race. But no chance I could ever last more than the two minutes it would take to run 40 meters.

TSE123

Ridiculous to blame his performances (many bad ones!) on fitness.
He has ALWAYS been slow and positionally weak.
Being a little bit harsh, but in no way extreme, he alone has caused between 8-10 goals in the past 3 games!
Liverpool obviously new this was the weakest spot. 9 out of 10 attacks was down their right.

Last edited:

OhGee

I suspect he is not fit following injury and has been rushed back because Varane is now also injured.

Ole should've just gone with the fully fit pair of bailly and lindelof.
Yeah but that is Ole being Ole. He has his favorites and he will bend over hell or high water to play them. Mctominay, Rashford Lindelof all spring to mind…

FatTails

I think I’d like to see Varane and Lindelof get some extended time together at some point. They’re both better on the ball, have decent pace, and I think they might build a good partnership. Harry is just too clunky on the ball, not as bad as someone like Smalling, but one of the factors that make us not press resistant.

What we’d be sacrificing is Harry is a lot better in the air than Lindelof, but part of me thinks that might be an OK sacrifice to make. We’d also be getting Lindelof’s better long passing.
I don’t want to comment on individual performances today because it is kind of irrelevant. I said this last week but I really hope Ole (or whoever is in charge if Ole does get replaced) gives Varane and Lindelof a run together when the former is fit again.

Andersons Dietician

He’s struggiling massively. I’ve always said his positioning is rubbish but this season he’s exceeded how bad I thought it was. Surely has to be Lindelof and Varane going forward.

He’s causing massive issues for others by them having to try and cover him.

Roux

One of the worst captains we've ever had at this club - never was a good player and is getting worse. A mistake every single match.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Should have been dropped after Leicester but then gave two back to back 1/10 performance after that. Won't be dropped again because Ole doesn't have in him to do that.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Hold my hands up, saw him at Hull, driving up the pitch with the ball and looked like a bulldozer, wanted us to sign him.

Alas, he is horrific. Loves dictating traffic and pointing yet cannot manage his own performances.

Leicester must be laughing everyday.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's actually a perfect image of Ole's United though, exemplifies this United side.

el3mel

Once the new manager lands in Manchester, his first decision should be to strap him of his armband. He has been an awful captain through and through. Valencia was actually a more leading figure I swear, and he didn't speak English.

Status
Not open for further replies.