Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His athletic ability is shocking. Turns like a snail. If he gets caught then it's game over because he won't catch up. Seems like 2 holding midfielder can't also mask his pace now

FerociousCorgis

For the 5th goal pogba turns it over but we literally have 4v2 numbers defending and he gets caught ballwatching and simple thru ball easily cuts us open. Ffs l schoolboy shit

United in sin

Once the new manager lands in Manchester, his first decision should be to strap him of his armband. He has been an awful captain through and through. Valencia was actually a more leading figure I swear, and he didn't speak English.
I agree. Maguire is shockingly average but England has had a dearth of good centerbacks for years, so every half decent player in that role is treated like some kind of demigod. Stones got this treatment too, but frankly he's better than Maguire. I wish the club didn't waste a penny on him.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I said this before, but I always got the sense that he's almost bigger than the club under Ole. He seems to dictate when he plays. He plays every game even when he's not fit or tired. The other day against Leicester when he clearly shouldn't have been on the pitch he played because he said he was fine.

He seems to dictate what's what because the manager isn't strong enough, I guess. It's infuriating because he's so average so you're not actually benefitting from it as a team. Quite the opposite.

Red_toad

I think Varane and Eric need to form a partnership. We currently have an invisible centre half and the other is simply unfit and making mistakes all over the place. I’d say theres hope for a Jones how we’re currently playing.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He was absolutely shocking and really has been most of the season but also he’s been even worse since coming back from injury so I wonder if he’s playing through the pain/injections. Obviously we will get a lot of reactionary stuff in here but on form he’s still a decent player and I’m not writing him off till we get a better manager/system in.

MattofManchester

He was absolutely shocking and really has been most of the season but also he’s been even worse since coming back from injury so I wonder if he’s playing through the pain/injections. Obviously we will get a lot of reactionary stuff in here but on form he’s still a decent player and I’m not writing him off till we get a better manager/system in.
Always excuses.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
80m for a decent player on form. That's the level we have fallen to.

And he is our captain.

Revan

Assumptionman
My Lord, I never liked him that much (see my posts for two years, except the end of last season and the Euros), but he is fecking diabolic. This season, he has been by far the worst player in the league.

If I was Bailly I would be pissed off. Heck, I might have known that I am not good, but better than Maguire? You could start the game with 10, and it will still be better than playing with Maguire.

TrustInJanuzaj

Always excuses.
Not really he’s as a matter of fact only just come back from injury and is objectively playing poorer than at any point in his Utd career and perhaps his general career. It’s only normal that should make people ask ‘why’ rather than just pretending this is his normal level which is clearly nonsense.

snk123

Once the new manager lands in Manchester, his first decision should be to strap him of his armband. He has been an awful captain through and through. Valencia was actually a more leading figure I swear, and he didn't speak English.
Please never compare Valencia with any of the dross we have in defence. Valencia was treated like shit on here but he knew what it meant playing for Utd. He gave his 100% every game. Look at the goals we have conceded today. Maguire just stood on most of them like a fecking refrigerator. Shameful. And the worst part is, he will never get the bollocking he so fecking deserves.

TrustInJanuzaj

80m for a decent player on form. That's the level we have fallen to.

And he is our captain.
Most top clubs don’t have any more than decent CBs anyway. It’s a sorry state of top CBs and again on form (ie most of last season) Maguire played very well. Varane is our best CB and is world class.

MattofManchester

Not really he’s as a matter of fact only just come back from injury and is objectively playing poorer than at any point in his Utd career and perhaps his general career. It’s only normal that should make people ask ‘why’ rather than just pretending this is his normal level which is clearly nonsense.
Coming back from injury doesn't have an effect on your ability to make a pass quicker.

Or better yet, it doesn't have an effect on you running into your own fecking players.

Ekeke

Before we signed him and many times throughout his United career people have talked about his leadership qualities and him organizing the defence.

These are and always have been myths. We continue to be disorganized with him and lacking a leader any more than we had before he arrived

TrustInJanuzaj

Coming back from injury doesn't have an effect on your ability to make a pass quicker.

Or better yet, it doesn't have an effect on you running into your own fecking players.
If you believe that then you haven’t played football. If you play through pain that can impact everything from your mental ability to your physical performance. I’m not excusing his recent displays they have been appalling but let’s not all take the piss and pretend this is his normal level.

redshaw

Shouldn't be playing. We know he's slow at the best of times but he's been a car crash waiting to happen yet ole keeps playing him, should never have started against Leicester, he was a like player coming around from tranquilizers, not subbed at half time either and cost more goals.

AFC NimbleThumb

Always excuses.
‘It’s Lindelof’s fault’, ‘His arrest has distracted him’, ‘He’s just come back from injury’, ‘He needs a proper DM in front of him’. . .

It’s been the case for years. He’s been a terrible buy & was promoted to captain for all the wrong reasons.

Stadjer

Decent at best, maybe good in a system with a back three (like England) but this season has been diabolical from him so far.

Josep Dowling

Had been a fan of Maguire but he’s been an embarrassment this last few weeks. 7 goals created by his mistakes in 3 games. The simple truth is he should not have been playing today. Was injured against Leicester, continued to make mistakes midweek so he should have been dropped. The whole point of a squad is to rotate. Klopp managed to make 4 key changes and they absolutely hammered us.

RUCK4444

He’s been off it this season, he’s not a terrible player like some will now claim, he’s also been a rock for us for long periods.

The same way Shaw has been poor this season, doesn’t mean he can’t recapture form.

But Maguire being so off it this season has really cost us in games. Looks half the player he was for large periods of last season.

InfiniteBoredom

Our defensive record since he joined us has been worse than a defense with Blind-Smalling or Jones-Rojo.

Coaching and organization take precedent, but if he’s this top defender the way half the Caf blew smoke up his arse at the time of the signing, that wouldn’t be the case.

I called him the Lukaku of CBs back then, turns out he’s worse since there will be no fools out there for us to recoup our money.

AFC NimbleThumb

Ole doesn't set the prices. He wanted a cb because he inherited Smalling, Jones, Rojo, and Bailly.
You’re correct, he doesn’t set the price but he & the club signed off on this one.

Maguire was never worth an £80mil outlay at the time as he was never going to proof that significant a difference maker. He’s an oaf, decent on the ball & good backs against the wall with crosses coming in but was always going to be crap against fast / skilful players at the top level.

Both he & AWB were overpriced for what they offer. Being better than Smalling doesn’t make you an £80mil defender.

AshRK

Just saw the highlights, another god awful performance and hey he is our leader.

AFC NimbleThumb

Our defensive record since he joined us has been worse than a defense with Blind-Smalling or Jones-Rojo.

Coaching and organization take precedent, but if he’s this top defender the way half the Caf blew smoke up his arse at the time of the signing, that wouldn’t be the case.

I called him the Lukaku of CBs back then, turns out he’s worse since there will be no fools out there for us to recoup our money.
People love to ignore this. He makes LVG Mike Smalling look like a Rolls Royce.

Jaxa

I’m telling you right now the second the new manager comes in he’s getting stripped of that captaincy,

The worst captain we’ve ever had, lead by example ? You’ve got to be joking me

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m telling you right now the second the new manager comes in he’s getting stripped of that captaincy,

Think he’ll just be dropped & lose it by default. It’ll be Varane+1.

Kostov

Half of the time he is ready to cry and run away, just feck off I’ve had enough. Give the armband to Bruno and try and salvage some confidence out of this lump.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The issue he's having is that unlike prior seasons at the club where we setup in a deeper compact block, he's now being deployed in a setup which looks to play with more risk, hence the back line is leaving space for the opposition to run into and Maguire isn't best suited to playing in such a way without adequate protection.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

I thought Ashley Young was the worst. I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.