Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

The games he’s played in. If you want particular highlights try re-watching any of the Leicester, Liverpool or Watford games.
Leicester I already gave as the example I could think of as a poor individual performance.

We got beat 0-5 by Liverpool and 1-4 by Watford, are you saying this was Maguire's fault?

acnumber9

Interestingly, we have kept 5 clean sheets in all competitions this year. Maguire has played 90-mins in all 5. Lindelof has started 4 of the other 5.
More interestingly, we’ve conceded 6 goals in the 7 games he didn’t start as opposed to 30 in the 20 he has started.

acnumber9

Leicester I already gave as the example I could think of as a poor individual performance.

We got beat 0-5 by Liverpool and 1-4 by Watford, are you saying this was Maguire's fault?
Was that the initial question? While you are asking the question he had a fairly big part to play in both. To use an obvious example we were losing 2-1 to Watford when he got himself sent off for a brain dead tackle because he was too slow.

Watch Liverpool’s third goal when he tackles Luke Shaw and tell me that it wasn’t tragic.

::sonny::

I call him calamity Maguire

I think he is very similar to some player of recent past (Prunier, Baumsong, Oleg Luznhi, Van Buyten)

OrcaFat

Good gracious, the nonsense in this thread is crazy. He’s our player, our skipper. The will to trash him is quite sad.

Knowing there are so many posters who rubbish him, it brings me a little extra pleasure every time he is selected. Although I also get annoyed when he fecks up.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's had a calamitous season, no question and Victor and Varane is certainly the pairing that looks best at the moment. But there's a player in Harry, we've seen it. He had an excellent 6 months ladt season and was pretty imperious in the Euros. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he finds a big performance today. I'm going to go ahead and assume that everyone else in this thread, as United supporters, hope the same.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Good gracious, the nonsense in this thread is crazy. He’s our player, our skipper. The will to trash him is quite sad.

Knowing there are so many posters who rubbish him, it brings me a little extra pleasure every time he is selected. Although I also get annoyed when he fecks up.
Completely agree, I’m not thrilled to see him playing but you know what? Let’s just support him, come on Harry time to rediscover that form!

Lentwood

Was that the initial question? While you are asking the question he had a fairly big part to play in both. To use an obvious example we were losing 2-1 to Watford when he got himself sent off for a brain dead tackle because he was too slow.

Watch Liverpool’s third goal when he tackles Luke Shaw and tell me that it wasn’t tragic.
In both of those games, we were clueless tactically and every single individual on the pitch was an absolute shambles, so I'm not sure why we're singling Maguire out

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I still think he will come good but giving him the captaincy when he had barely kicked a ball for us was throwing him to the wolves. It was a ridiculous decision.

OrcaFat

I still think he will come good but giving him the captaincy when he had barely kicked a ball for us was throwing him to the wolves. It was a ridiculous decision.
With hindsight that does look like a hasty decision. The problem is we have no natural leaders in the squad. Bruno is probably the nearest thing we’ve got to a worthy skipper but when we gave it Harry, Bruno was still new.

We desperately need a Keane-type figure in my opinion. The guys need organising and reprimanding all game long by someone they respect. Bruno possibly would grow into that.

Doracle

Bruno is way too whiny to be captain. Maguire has done a pretty good job in my view and there really isn’t anyone else I’d see as an ideal candidate. McT is probably the only other viable alternative I can think of and I’d probably prefer him to keep working on his game rather than have the added captaincy pressure.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'd give the arm band to De Goat or Varane. I'm guessing Maguire will have to start today so he better step up.

TSE123

I agree, lets support him when he is selected!
BUT that doesnt mean its not nerve-wrecking having him on the pitch and i hope he is not selected.
AND it does not mean he has not been shockingly bad all season (without exception).
As intelligent beings surely we can hold these thoughts parallell in our minds!?

acnumber9

In both of those games, we were clueless tactically and every single individual on the pitch was an absolute shambles, so I'm not sure why we're singling Maguire out
Because it’s the Harry Maguire thread. He was also the worst player in a very bad bunch of players.

Foxbatt

He has been terrible for a while but hope he plays well today. We have to win this game and we need to be on top of our game. All eleven players plus any subs who come on.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It must really hurt your feelings, or hurt your sense of self-worth, when someone disagrees with you. You can stroke yourself off over Maguire if you like, I won't try and stop you, but why are you so bent out of shape if someone disagrees with you? Life is too short. I've put you on "ignore", by the way, so don't bother responding.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lentwood

[/QUOTE]
Because it’s the Harry Maguire thread. He was also the worst player in a very bad bunch of players.
Its not just in the Harry Maguire thread though, its all over the forum.

Plus, he wasnt the worst player by any stretch in those games. Its just that if you get tanked 5-0 and 4-1, its easy for those who don't understand the game to blame the defence.

Giggsy13

So the player who’s best at defensive headers in our squad cant deal with them? Go figure….
For having a gigantic head and having great height, he is actually quite poor at times at defending set pieces. Also how many times has he floated a free header wide and off the mark in the attacking end? Overrated garbage.

acnumber9

Plus, he wasnt the worst player by any stretch in those games. Its just that if you get tanked 5-0 and 4-1, its easy for those who don't understand the game to blame the defence.
[/QUOTE]
He absolutely was. We were getting spanked 2-1 before he shit the bed and got himself sent off.

Giggsy13

It must really hurt your feelings, or hurt your sense of self-worth, when someone disagrees with you. You can stroke yourself off over Maguire if you like, I won't try and stop you, but why are you so bent out of shape if someone disagrees with you? Life is too short. I've put you on "ignore", by the way, so don't bother responding.
Ah I see you had the audacity of doubting Maguire. How dare you

Red_toad

For having a gigantic head and having great height, he is actually quite poor at times at defending set pieces. Also how many times has he floated a free header wide and off the mark in the attacking end? Overrated garbage.
Shame facts don’t back up your opinion. Wasn’t referring to his attacking prowess by the way, as it wasn’t relevant to post I was replying to.

crossy1686

career ending

He might not have been the WORST in any of the games he's played, but being the second or third worst player on the pitch doesn't absolve you from blame because someone else was worse than you, especially for the captain of Manchester United football club. Your captain needs to be the best player, the biggest/strongest personality or at the very least the most consistent performer at the club. Maguire is none of those things.

Shimo

Whatever people think of him, he is not as dog crap a player normally as he has been in so many games this season. Usually he is one of the better CBs in the league, let's hope this recent having to be on the bench and some time to just get mentally right, he comes good rest of this season. If we can get him even back to his normal levels, it will be a big step up.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Some of our fanbase really make me sick. Maguire hasn't done anything to warrant this sort of abuse, he's always been respectful to this club, always gives it his all. It's obvious he's going through a very rough season but instead of baking him like we should back any Manchester United players, we abuse him, great stuff lads.

crossy1686

career ending
Some of our fanbase really make me sick. Maguire hasn't done anything to warrant this sort of abuse, he's always been respectful to this club, always gives it his all. It's obvious he's going through a very rough season but instead of baking him like we should back any Manchester United players, we abuse him, great stuff lads.
Is anyone abusing him? The consensus seems to be he's not good enough to start or be captain for United, that's it. Also the stuff in bold does not qualify anyone to play for United, that's bare minimum, bottom of the barrel stuff.

Woodenlung

Maguire was our best player today. Dealt well with Antonio when he backed onto him and handled most attacks coming into his area. It's also apparent how good he is on the ball. Responsible for building our attacks and progressing the ball up the pitch. Get a good deep lying midfielder to share those duties with him and we'll see an even better Maguire.

A-man

Good first half with good actions and no mistakes. Overall fine defensively and a step in the right direction, but so slow on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.