Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

Brilliant today. On the front-foot throughout and made some vital challenges when called upon.

No surprise that we defended better from the front and we looked solid

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Was irritating in the first half, but looked more like the player we thought we were getting in the second.

Teja

Great defensively but I think he was being extra careful and hoofing everything out in possession. Almost as if he was worried about miscontrolling the ball / dwelling on the ball too long and getting pressured.

Some good passes when he was given time as well.

I think you need to be able to deal with the press without hoofing it as a modern CB but baby steps, it'll be good for him to get his confidence back first.

TSE123

Good today. Best game this season from him. Also his only good game this season. Still 3rd choice.

Mike Smalling

Very good today. Did well in a couple of key one on one situations, where he has previously struggled.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
This is the effect you want Ralf to have. have EVERYBODY motivated to carry out instructions and perform, have NOBODY complacent about their place. He was excellent today. Good to see.

Abraxas

Clearly a confidence player. Seemed to have been destroyed by a bad start to the season this year and it just snowballed into dubious performances one after the other. Started the game well today with a few good interventions and then he grew into it from there.

Definitely a much better option than Lindelof in the long term. When he's actually playing well he's got more about him with his aerial presence and strength.

Robertd0803

Rock solid today. Hopefully it will do his confidence the world of good and keeps building on it.

Idxomer

I actually thought he was awful today

first half no composure on heading even when completely free, Ronaldo was free and it wasn’t a difficult header down to him. Ronaldo had a pop at him.

second half smashed into a pile of people in midfield that he didn’t need to and nearly cost us a counter and a chance

Completely rash tackle on Bowen at the sideline

That’s 3 absolutely rediculous things that a top class center half just doesn’t do. These are the things that sometimes you get away with like today, other times you don’t and you look like an idiot.

the result will favor peoples opinion on his performance today but he makes too many errors of judgement to be a top player.

he was not good today
Good post.

I wouldn't say he was awful but yeah in a game where WHU offered very little forward, he still had those moments where you scratch your head and wonder what the hell he was thinking.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
:lol: :lol:
You have two posts in a row, one says he was rock solid, the other says he was poor :lol:

Guess he polarizes opinions still

Thought he was good today, kept a clean sheet and never really looked threatened.
Good use of the ball too.

crossy1686

career ending
Played well today, a few nervy moments but seemed pretty solid. He needs more of this and less talking. Also think being away from the spotlight and captaincy suits him, just drop him in for games like this and play to his strengths.

TSE123

Clearly a confidence player. Seemed to have been destroyed by a bad start to the season this year and it just snowballed into dubious performances one after the other. Started the game well today with a few good interventions and then he grew into it from there.

Definitely a much better option than Lindelof in the long term. When he's actually playing well he's got more about him with his aerial presence and strength.
Steady on now. He has played 90 minutes well and the other roughly 1500 minutes have been atrocious. Can we not just, for now, settle with that he’s had a good game today!?
(Lindelof is and has been miles (and when i write miles, i mean lightyears :smirk:) ahead of maguire this, and most of last, season.)

The United

I thought he had a good game.

If I have to be critical or pick his weakness probably is how lack of control or direction with his heading. Showed in both defensive and attacking situations.

There were a few instances where he had all the time to put the ball down, yet kept heading into the areas with only West Ham players in those. It was annoying for a period of minutes that he was doing in this game.

Seemed to pass a bit faster too. Hopefully, he keeps doing that.

JeffFromHK

Defended very well yesterday.

But there were a few occasions in which he intercepted the ball without any opponents near him, and he still chose to clear the ball, leading to opponent regaining possession, instead of just staying calm and keep our position.

Foxbatt

I think the decisive moment was around 15th minute mark or so. The west ham forward had a free run at him. Harry timed his tackle perfectly, won the 1vs1 and got applauded by the stadium.
It’s like his head went up from this moment!
Against Antonio.

Foxbatt

I thought he had a good game.

If I have to be critical or pick his weakness probably is how lack of control or direction with his heading. Showed in both defensive and attacking situations.

There were a few instances where he had all the time to put the ball down, yet kept heading into the areas with only West Ham players in those. It was annoying for a period of minutes that he was doing in this game.

Seemed to pass a bit faster too. Hopefully, he keeps doing that.
I think he realized that and he did try to head it to a team mate a couple of times later on.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Good game from slab head. His tendency to want to see a lot of the ball compliments Varane really well, who is just happy to get rid of it as quickly as possible. Varane's long ball is utter dross, Maguire's is decent (and was very good today).
I personally find Maguire's tendency to hold on to the ball too long (only to play some simple pass that he could've played a few seconds earlier before the opposition have set themselves up) quite annoying. There is a reason Varane does what he does. Keeping the ball quickly moving is important. Dwelling on the ball too long just limits the team's options.

I thought he was good today. No surprise that rotating and dropping your worst performers can have a positive effect.

lex talionis

Much improved v West Ham, but in truth the opposition was very poor in attack. They were playing for the draw and didn’t put that much pressure on our back line.

Foxbatt

They were always going to counter attack and he did well. I didn't like the fact he kept heading the ball to no one when he had time. Later on he did try to head to a team mate.
The Antonio tackle was one he had to win. Maguire is not slow once he gets going. His best game this season. RR has got a good problem on his hand.

PaulRich

Good solid performance. Nothing he should be lauded on - this is the level that is expected of him as standard as Captain.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Confident. I think his main issue has been low confidence lately. But he look assured yesterday.

We need to get him and varane a good run of games together.

Mickson

I think he's a good defender, I just can't get my head around how Ole and United thought when signing him. He's so slow. So, so slow. What was the idea? Surely not playing a high line?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I personally find Maguire's tendency to hold on to the ball too long (only to play some simple pass that he could've played a few seconds earlier before the opposition have set themselves up) quite annoying. There is a reason Varane does what he does. Keeping the ball quickly moving is important. Dwelling on the ball too long just limits the team's options.

I thought he was good today. No surprise that rotating and dropping your worst performers can have a positive effect.
Yeah,Maguire takes his sweet time, but usually he makes decent choices when he's not being pressed. The reason Varane hot potatoes it away is that he shies away from doing the build up. The bloke had Ramos next to him for 10 years he could hot potato it to.

There's not some grand reason Varane always quickly passes it to Maguire.

It's more important that the ball gets to the right place than it is to pass it faster between defenders.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Yeah,Maguire takes his sweet time, but usually he makes decent choices when he's not being pressed. The reason Varane hot potatoes it away is that he shies away from doing the build up. The bloke had Ramos next to him for 10 years he could hot potato it to.

There's not some grand reason Varane always quickly passes it to Maguire.

It's more important that the ball gets to the right place than it is to pass it faster between defenders.
Varane doesn't "hot potato it to Maguire" though. He often moves the ball on quickly to his fullbacks and midfielders. That's the players the burden of building up play should be on.

Also the key thing here is Maguire "makes decent choices when he's not being pressed." Why is he being pressed? One of the reasons is because he takes his sweet time. The other being that McTominay doesn't make himself available but that's for another thread.

SER19

Had his best game of the season yesterday. Was the best he and Varane looked together

arthurka

Though he was good yesterday but I thought the team defended well which helped him a lot. The one v one situations were not quick as our midfield helped out and our fullbacks both defended very well.
Still looks like he is shitting a brick every time he needs to defend. But good to see her is coming back to some form we will need him to secure CL next season.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Was good against West ham, but West ham were nothing special in attack. Gives me a bit of hope though.

Oranges038

He was alright.

Made 2 or 3 good tackles, still took 5 or 6 touches almost every time he got the ball and some of his attempts to head the ball clear or just head the ball in general were laughable.

But if people think that was his best game of the season, just shows how rotten he's been up to now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
played a lot better but still had a few little wobbles.

One big annoyance is he doesn’t head the ball towards a team mate. he just lumps it as far and as hard as he can. must the time it ends up going straight back to the opposition.

spiriticon

played a lot better but still had a few little wobbles.

One big annoyance is he doesn’t head the ball towards a team mate. he just lumps it as far and as hard as he can. must the time it ends up going straight back to the opposition.
His headers never have any direction. It mostly bounces off his nog. It's why he doesn't score as many as he should from set pieces.

Litch

Harry’s got a problem and welcome to the world of Scott and Fred. Lindeloff has temporarily left his seat for you too. Now many of the fan base don’t like you, the focus will be forensically on what you cant do and not what you can until you leave. It’s just the way it is made somewhat worse cause you have still got the armband…..

Status
Not open for further replies.